Verizon iPhone- supposedly in the system

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jer446, Jan 1, 2011.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this one- my friend works at verizon and told me the iphone has been added to their systems. I normally would never believe this because I know steve jobs would never allow it, but this person has always been pretty reliable and honest, nor would he have any reason to lie. So what do you think, and if anyone works at verizon, can you confirm that the iphone is now in the system?

2. celticpride678

Yeah, unless you have some proof, I'm gonna go with a made up story.

3. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

I can't confirm, no. Are you sure he didn't mean iPad or iOS in general? I hope you have some proof for supporting your claim.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ah, the new year brings in more Verizon iPhone threads. What a surprise.:rolleyes:

Personally, I think your friend is full of it.

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I'm gonna guess your friend is seeing iOS listed. Can you verify it's the actual phone or just iOS?

6. Alizay Mirza macrumors newbie

Alizay Mirza

I have been hearing a-lot rumors about Verizon iPhone, First it was launching in CES 2011, now its been postponed to Valetine's day.

I have also read somewhere that Verizon iPhone cases are being made and retail outlets are selling it in high rates.

7. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Another troll thread about someone claiming to know someone with inside info. :rolleyes:

8. brando123b macrumors regular

To go along with this, I do have a friend who works at the local call center here in Rochester. His supervisor just notified them that they are not allowed to use any vacation in January or February.

Pretty compelling fuel for the iPhone fire.:apple:

9. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Huh? Just because it's on a different carrier doesn't mean there's a specific case design. It's still the same phone (albeit with different radios).

Interesting. Have you submitted this to MacRumors yet?

10. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Hey guys did you hear about the iPhone 912 it has a helicopter and dog leash and self-tying shoes and retractable backscratcher and inflatable mattress and parachute and napkin dispenser my friend at verizon told me he didnt lie so yeah

11. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

In no way was this troll thread- I was asking everyone what theyre opinion was and if they thought this could be a legitimate claim. I will ask him more details and post more information if I can.

12. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Little openings like this can happen, but it feels like we would have more to go on than just your one thread. Target selling iPads was given away a little early because they put them in the system early.

Verizon iPhone has been "added to their systems" is way too vague.

13. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Good. It's nice to see a follow-up. Just don't forget to do so!

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I think the responses you've received show that people do not think this claim is legitimate. There have been way too many people who have 'friends' who 'work at Verizon' who have said the same exact thing. Each time, they've been wrong. So someone else saying that they have a 'friend working at Verizon' doesn't cut it.

Second, it has already been shown that they have devices running iOS in their system. That is the iPad, not the iPhone. So personally, my guess is that your friend was overzealous, and assumed that the iOS device listed must be the iPhone.

BL.

15. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Exactly. If he produces some hard evidence, other than iOS being in Verizon's system, I'll think otherwise, but for now, I won't.

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

I can back up the TS story I know a guy that delivers pizza to a Verizon store the manager wanted a free pizza. so he told him he tell him a big secrete, if he got his pizza free. he told him exactly what the TS said. All you waiting for the Verizon iPhone go to your local store now. Get in line it will be out any day now! (My Pizza guy says so)

17. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

If your friend has no reason to lie, tell him/her to snap a picture of the screen. The V-boys/girls working there all carry camphones and it wouldn't be tough to grab a picture now would it?

Otherwise.....there's (another) one born every minute it would seem.

18. wordoflife, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011

wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

19. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Have him take a quick picture of the evidence.

20. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

^ This. :cool:

21. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

While skepticism is a good thing, imagine how much trouble you could get in if you took a picture of the iPhone in Verizon's systems. Not saying it's LIKELY he'd get caught, but I would be very careful about it, at least.

22. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Right. If he was found out and Verizon didn't fire him/ her, Apple sure would.

23. KSKENE247 macrumors member

the verizon iphone is coming out soon. its been confirmed before on techmeme or one of those sites but im gunna laugh when verizon comes out with the white iphone before apple

24. ReallyBigFeet, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011

ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

You pull up the inventory page showing the alleged iPhone on it. You pull out your phone, or maybe have one of your friends come in with their cam phone indicating they have "some issue" with it. You hold it in front of you as if looking at the screen, while lining up the other screen in the viewfinder.

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

Heck, there's even spycam apps made for just such a thing. Yank out the EXIF data and no way you'll get caught.

Otherwise.....I smell cow patties.

I still say it will be pewter/silver...just like they did with the Blackberry Pearl when it FINALLY came to Verizon (dead last for all the carriers).

[​IMG]

25. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

It was confirmed before, and yet it still isn't available. Sounds like a big fail for Techmeme. And didn't bigger analysts also predict the same thing, and were wrong?

Bottom line: unless it is announced by Jobs, it doesn't and won't exist.

BL.