Verizon Pre-Order and Trade-In Promotion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Numbers624, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Numbers624 macrumors newbie

I just got off the phone with a Verizon Sales rep and she said the trade in can be toward any iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus. After asking her multiple times, we both logically came to the conclusion that you are unable to do the pre-order and trade-in promotion online. The Verizon site states in the promotion details that the trade in occurs when you trade in and purchase a new iphone 6 or 6 plus.

I basically helped guide the rep to the logical conclusion that if you have to trade it in and buy a new iphone 6 or 6 plus at the same time to get the promotion, there is no way for a Verizon preorder site to know you are doing both UNLESS they have an option in the pre-order screen where you can purchase the phone and request a trade-in box. That way, they would charge your account the full amount and then credit you for your old iphone when they receive and review your phone. But that could be confusing and I doubt they are going to do that. it She then gave me a definitive "no, you can't do that" once I lead her to the conclusion. So again, they don't really know and are not very helpful. I'm going to try one more rep to see if they can give any more definitive answers.

2. Numbers624 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well -- Good news. I just got off the phone with a competent rep that checked with her adviser and she told me the following:

You can purchase any of the new iPhone 6 or 6 plus models and charge it to your Verizon account. You then will go to the promotion on the website for the $200 or $300 trade-in and it will confirm that you purchased and iPhone 6 and place the credit on your account. If they don't receive your old phone by the proper time, then the credit will be removed from the account and you will owe the money.

So I guess you just need to make sure your phone is in the "good condition" they ask for.

Anyone know what "good condition" is?

3. MrSniffles69 macrumors member

Verizon Trade In for iPhone 6

Hello All,

Was wondering if anyone had any information on how exactly Verizons trade in program will work.

I currently have a iphone 5s 32 GB and was planning on trading this in towards an iphone6 64 gb,

Is there anyway to pre order get credit for the trade in and then send the phone in once the 6 gets delivered?

Or is my only option to stand in line early Friday and have to do a trade in and buy at a store?

Thanks in advance for the help and information!

4. Numbers624, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014

Numbers624 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Verizon Trade In for iPhone 6

I chatted with someone online and she said that you can pre order online and then either mail in or take your phone to the store for trade in. They will then mail you back a $200 verizon gift card which can be used on your monthly bill if you'd like. It will take a couple weeks to receive this gift card in the mail.

I plan on taking my phone into the store so they can confirm that it is in good condition before I leave and I know I'm getting the money.

$200 for an iPhone 4 is a no brainer. What a deal.

6. patt2k macrumors regular

You are willing to give up 5S 32gb which will now be worth around 500-500$ For 200$ gift card.

Are you crazy? Seriously ..

7. MrSniffles69 macrumors member

Well for the 5S they are giving about 320 I believe just rather do that then go through the hassle of trying to find someone to buy it LOL

8. morrison22 macrumors member

morrison22

9. MrSniffles69, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014

MrSniffles69 macrumors member

10. Mike4AU macrumors member

I have looked for a day and one-half for the $200 deal on iPhones 4 and newer (like what was on Verizon's website after the announcement of the new iPhones) and the deal is no longer on the website. They do have a trade-in program, but the amount, for example, on a 4S is only $100.

It looks like Verizon has welched on the deal.

11. patt2k macrumors regular

Put it on ebay/swappa and walk out with more money in your pocket.

even if 300$ .. still not worth it.

12. DCNatFan macrumors member

How did they welch on the deal? This is from their website:

How does this trade-in promotion work?

You will receive a $200 VZW Trade-in Gift Card when you trade in your old iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, or iPhone 5c, and purchase a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus with a new Verizon Edge agreement, 2 year contract, or when you pay full retail price.

You will receive a $300 VZW Trade-in Gift Card when you trade in your old iPhone 5s and purchase a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus with a new Verizon Edge agreement, 2 year contract, or when you pay full retail price.

Once you submit your trade online, you will receive shipping materials to mail your old iPhone back to VZW.

Mail back your old iPhone in the shipping materials that were mailed to you after you receive your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. Be aware of the 11/15 deadline for returning your old iPhone.

The Trade-In promotion is also available in Verizon Wireless Retail Stores from 9/12/14 thru 9/30/14.

If you do the trade-n appraisal on line today it will show only $100 for the Iphone 4. You need to wait until tomorrow.

13. MrSniffles69 macrumors member

So is there an option when pre ordering online and you pick to be billed on your account instead of paying right then and there?

14. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Wow, this is awesome! I am planning on pre-ordering two phones tonight on our two lines and we each have a 64GB iPhone 5 to trade in.

I am planning on doing our upgrades via Edge and hope that we can apply the gift card to the full price of the phone to hopefully lower our monthly Edge payment. Anyone know if that is possible?

15. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

But out of that $500 you have to pay a penalty unless you own the 5s free and clear. Right?

16. Numbers624 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is exactly what the verizon rep on the phone told me. She said you can order the phone, bill it to your account, go through with the trade in promo on the website, and then it will confirm that you pre-ordered and can put the trade-in reimbursement on your bill.

It sounds too good to be true because I keep hearing crap about a gift card. I'm going to call once more at some point today to see if I get this same answer.

17. DCNatFan macrumors member

Do you have to pre-order through Verizon or can you order through Apple directly?

18. leenak macrumors 68020

Ugh, Verizon is making it too easy for me to get a phone !

So I looked into the gift cards and it looks like you can use them for your bill
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/gift-cards

So they'd give me $250 for my iPhone 5 and with the 6 being $299.. I guess I will be buying one

19. Candurin macrumors regular

That's what I wanted to know.... Can we pre-order through apple.com or does it need to be through verizon?

20. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

This was my EXACT question. I want to pre-order thru apple so I can buy AppleCare+ at the same time as the phone but I still want the $200 trade in deal.

I called Verizon and talked to "Ray" who told me that it does not matter who you pre-order through, you can still take advantage of the $200 trade-in deal because the trade-in deal hinges on re-signing a 2 year contract (which you do when you preorder).

My confidence level in this info is about 5/10

21. leenak macrumors 68020

So I have the same question but on another thread, it sounded like you couldn't keep your same number if you did that? It doesn't sound right.

So if I order on apple.com, can I keep my number?

22. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

Huh. I went into the closest Verizon store and talked to them about all this too. They said that you can NOT bill the iPhone to your account... I guess we are going to have to wait and see...

23. bzinke29 macrumors newbie

The big question for me is:

Will Verizon be offering in-store pick up on preorders or not?

That will decide weather or not I pre-order from them or from Apple.

It makes sense though if you preorder it from Apple, you are still getting a "Verizon" phone, therefore you should be eligible for the trade-in upgrade since at the end of the day you are getting a Verizon phone.

Maybe ? :)

24. Dunbar macrumors 6502

I might have to do this. I have an old semi-functional iPhone 4 that I haven't been using for 2 years. Would be nice to get $200 for it towards the new iPhone 6.

25. Candurin macrumors regular

Interesting, I just got off the phone with vzw and they told me that I had to order online, over the phone or at the store, DIRECTLY through verizon. Apple.com purchase was NOT eligible for the $200-300 trade in.