Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Just sit back and wait for people to complain who are giving up good coverage to go over to cingular in an area where they are weak coverage for the iPhone. Apple is having it cult following switching over to cingular. I would just expect in oh July August to see complains up about poor coverage and them regretting switching.

As for the features I have to say I used to not think much of blue tooth until I had a phone that has it and now I think it is on of the greatest things. I like using my blue tooth head set with my phone. It makes doing other things a hell of a lot easier and just talking on the phone easier and I am really only using it around the house. I am honestly surprised at Sprint and Verizon both slow move over to getting blue tooth on there phones because one of the best thing about blue tooth is the wireless head sets.

AppleWine

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2006
NYC
It's a shame that it didn't work out with Verizon. Although I know Cingular covers most of the US, they absolutely suck in NYC and the NorthEast. My friends havecingular and are constantly borrowing my phone because they don't get reception. Grrrrrr

Saxguy87

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2007
Not Really

...wonder if Verizon regrets that decision?

Apple really is tying the hands of the provider with their demands. It makes sense to meet Apple's demands but, seriously, they were asking a lot!

Apple's demands were fair and justifiable. Apple doesn't wanna be some freshly reaped hardware phone manufacturer to join the long list of sadly pwned phone companies. I say Apple's doing the right thing by sticking it to the man and rewriting cellular history. Now, any phone manufacturer can feel hope in fighting for their company's betterment. Now, Apple is using ATT, and not the other way around. Apple says, "WE'VE GOT THE PHONE! Just give us your services and we'll be cool." As opposed to Motorola, "We've got the RAZR, that's all we know about it, could you help us sell this thing?" Total pwnage.:cool:

HasanDaddy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Los Angeles
good for apple - im glad they didnt push it with verizon

The reason why so many cellphones suck is because companies like vzw and sprint kill all the good features and suck the life outta good phones

Ultimately companies like lg and samsung start making crappy phones that constrict to company demand

Im glad apple left vzw and im proud to be with att

uNext

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2006
Been a cingular customer for 4 years
now that att took over they service is down the drain..
Shame the iPhone is so limited in bad network...

Dont get me wrong love the iphone but i hate att always have nothing but bad experience...

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
Verizon= Rock solid network, wonderful voice quality, fast 3G EVDO service... 1 or 2 dropped calls- A YEAR, horrible customer service, only care about money, terrible billing problems- hence the class-action law-suit. $Expensive$

Sprint= Good network- not the greatest, fast data speed (3G EVDO) good customer service, fair pricing. All around good network

T-Mobile= WONDERFUL customer service (look at JD pwr) sub-par network, sloww data speeds, small phone selection- insanely good rates- esp w/ wifi phones (voip calling)

AT&T/Cingular= Poor network, dropped calls, slow data (for the most part), bad customer service, high rates... why would ANYONE pick them? (besides iPhone customers)

All'n'all I think Verizon has the best network... with T-Mobile having the best customer service. Were it now for the iFone™ I'd be using a Treo 755p on Sprint's network.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
The reason why so many cellphones suck is because companies like vzw and sprint kill all the good features and suck the life outta good phones

Everyone says this, but then look at the iPhone. You can't use OBEX or even upload a ring tone to it...

And those features weren't just disabled, they don't even exist. :(

Verizon is getting better about crippling phones. Most of them now have some sort of OBEX file transfer enabled, even if it's only for pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.