Carrier Verizon shipped my 7+ at 8:17am today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scott1012, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Scott1012 macrumors member

I ordered my 128g matte black 7+ at 4:30am through Verizon. I received an estimated shipping date of 9/23. I received an email from Verizon in the late morning that my iPhone 7+ has been shipped! Now that is crazy good. I have a tracking number from USPS and confirmed with a Verizon rep that it was not a mistake.

Forget about Sept. 23rd. I am now curious to see if I get if before it officially comes out on the 16th, or will USPS hold off on the delivery (how they would do that I have no idea).

Has anyone else received a shipped date today?

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

The shippers are supposed to hold of delivery until the 16th. I haven't heard of any slip through since the iPhone 4. It could happen, but it's rare.

3. ip67 macrumors regular

ip67

What was shipped to you was most likely the trade in return box. USPS is used for that. They typically use UPS and FedEx for actually getting a device to you on time.

4. iMule macrumors 6502

Yep, this is what this is. I thought the same as the OP, until I looked further into the email.

5. bbarras macrumors newbie

bbarras

I had same email. I really think it may be the trade in box(material). Hope it is the phone though. Sure that will make a lot of people happy.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    i agree

6. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I was going to say no way they shipped the phone USPS...you guys nailed it though.

7. Scott1012 thread starter macrumors member

I am starting to think everyone's replies are correct. I checked my bank account and did not see a charge go through, but then again I am getting a $650 iPhone 6+ credit (trading in my fully owned one) and financing the payments for 24 months. What is worse, I called up a Verizon rep, gave her the tracking number, and she CONFIRMED that it was indeed the iPhone 7+. The only thing that I am hanging my hat on is that the email from USPS say "signature required."

8. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I've had one come via USPS before. And I've never had to be home to sign for it either.

9. kovey macrumors 6502a

Those reps don't know ****ing ****. It's your trade-in box.

10. cforster macrumors 6502

Completely agree.

11. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

12. Scott1012 thread starter macrumors member

I am starting to think everyone's replies are correct. I checked my bank account and did not see a charge go through, but then again I am getting a $650 iPhone 6+ credit (trading in my fully owned one) and financing the payments for 24 months. What is worse, I called up a Verizon rep, gave her the tracking number, and she CONFIRMED that it was indeed the iPhone 7+. The only thing that I am hanging my hat on is that the email from USPS say "signature required."

13. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I got the same email, hours after placing my order too. It clearly states in the email " SPE DEVICE TRADE IN RECOV" next to the USPS tracking number. Come on brah!

In the words of the bad guys in Metal Gear Solid...............
    [​IMG]

14. Two Stacks macrumors member

It's just your phone trade in box. I got mine yesterday.