Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott1012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
I ordered my 128g matte black 7+ at 4:30am through Verizon. I received an estimated shipping date of 9/23. I received an email from Verizon in the late morning that my iPhone 7+ has been shipped! Now that is crazy good. I have a tracking number from USPS and confirmed with a Verizon rep that it was not a mistake.

Forget about Sept. 23rd. I am now curious to see if I get if before it officially comes out on the 16th, or will USPS hold off on the delivery (how they would do that I have no idea).

Has anyone else received a shipped date today?

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
The shippers are supposed to hold of delivery until the 16th. I haven't heard of any slip through since the iPhone 4. It could happen, but it's rare.

ip67

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
What was shipped to you was most likely the trade in return box. USPS is used for that. They typically use UPS and FedEx for actually getting a device to you on time.

iMule

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
Greenville, SC
What was shipped to you was most likely the trade in return box. USPS is used for that. They typically use UPS and FedEx for actually getting a device to you on time.

Yep, this is what this is. I thought the same as the OP, until I looked further into the email.

bbarras

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
I ordered my 128g matte black 7+ at 4:30am through Verizon. I received an estimated shipping date of 9/23. I received an email from Verizon in the late morning that my iPhone 7+ has been shipped! Now that is crazy good. I have a tracking number from USPS and confirmed with a Verizon rep that it was not a mistake.

Forget about Sept. 23rd. I am now curious to see if I get if before it officially comes out on the 16th, or will USPS hold off on the delivery (how they would do that I have no idea).

Has anyone else received a shipped date today?
I had same email. I really think it may be the trade in box(material). Hope it is the phone though. Sure that will make a lot of people happy.
[doublepost=1473469296][/doublepost]
i agree

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I was going to say no way they shipped the phone USPS...you guys nailed it though.

Scott1012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
I was going to say no way they shipped the phone USPS...you guys nailed it though.

I am starting to think everyone's replies are correct. I checked my bank account and did not see a charge go through, but then again I am getting a $650 iPhone 6+ credit (trading in my fully owned one) and financing the payments for 24 months. What is worse, I called up a Verizon rep, gave her the tracking number, and she CONFIRMED that it was indeed the iPhone 7+. The only thing that I am hanging my hat on is that the email from USPS say "signature required."

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
I am starting to think everyone's replies are correct. I checked my bank account and did not see a charge go through, but then again I am getting a $650 iPhone 6+ credit (trading in my fully owned one) and financing the payments for 24 months. What is worse, I called up a Verizon rep, gave her the tracking number, and she CONFIRMED that it was indeed the iPhone 7+. The only thing that I am hanging my hat on is that the email from USPS say "signature required."

Those reps don't know ****ing ****. It's your trade-in box.

Scott1012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
New York City

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I got the same email, hours after placing my order too. It clearly states in the email " SPE DEVICE TRADE IN RECOV" next to the USPS tracking number. Come on brah!

In the words of the bad guys in Metal Gear Solid...............
200afeaa9a21bae48411900ab7eab477.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.