Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
Hey! Great, good going getting your phone.

You might all be surprised to hear that I have heard nothing from Very... Yeah didn't think you would be surprised by that. I have sent them a message using the new contact method they suggest - not heard back from that either.

What I did do was go into Apple and was speaking to the guys there. So I have bought a 7 128GB in Black and the store manager there told me that because I was having so much trouble, that she was happy for me to take the 7 and even if it takes longer than 14 days for me to get back in (with my holiday) and the plus stock situation, that she would just swap it for me. Thats assuming that Very don't send me one whilst I'm on holiday. If by some miracle they do, I just take the 7 back in the 14 days and they will give me a refund.

So whilst I don't have the exact phone I want right now, at least its been reaffirmed to me that I really do like dealing with Apple. They have never done me wrong and I didn't even ask for that manager to offer me anything like that. I didn't even know she was the store manager. She was standing in the reservation q and we just started talking and she offered to sort that for me, can't ask for more and I get a water resistant phone for holiday with a better camera! :)

meechy

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
WTF my very order changed date, to 1st December, needless to say i just cancelled it now as my excitement to get 1 has died down and i'll probably pick up a used one from smartfonestore after christmas now.

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
WTF my very order changed date, to 1st December, needless to say i just cancelled it now as my excitement to get 1 has died down and i'll probably pick up a used one from smartfonestore after christmas now.
Oh dude, that's crap. Sorry that's happened.

Don't give up, you will get one. They are coming back in stock direct from Apple. Cancel that piece of crap Very order and get cracking on the reservation page each morning, you will get one by end of month I'd believe.

Also, make sure you make one hell of a complaint. I intend too!

Reactions: mvp2206

harryisere

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
Bristol, United Kingdom
I still have an order for a 128gb plus black and it's saying delivery by 01/10/16 and hasn't changed. Contacted them by live chat last week and they repeated what was on my account. I have just sent a new email via the new contact method they suggested, asking them to confirm that I should get it by 01/10/16- I don't mind if it's not going to happen, just want to know so I can look elsewhere if I need to.

slayer1551

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2009
I gave up and cancelled, managed to snag one from Liverpool by reserving it online and my friend got one from Manchester Trafford today. Keep looking online through out the day to see if stock is available at your local Apple store

harryisere

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
Bristol, United Kingdom
I gave up and cancelled, managed to snag one from Liverpool by reserving it online and my friend got one from Manchester Trafford today. Keep looking online through out the day to see if stock is available at your local Apple store

What's the link to check the stock ?
[doublepost=1474527593][/doublepost]

Ahhh it's ok I've found out how to do it. No stock of the model I want anywhere near me unfortunately :(

slayer1551

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2009
[doublepost=1474527593][/doublepost]

Ahhh it's ok I've found out how to do it. No stock of the model I want anywhere near me unfortunately :(
Which store is near you? Keep checking through out the day. When I checked Liverpool in the morning they had non then at 1:30 ish some appeared

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
I got a reply from Very. Generic rubbish about there being stock delays. Apparently mine is still on track for delivery last Saturday...

Going to cancel my order, they don't deserve my custom. I will just keep checking the stock directly from Apple and swap this 7 for a plus when they are back in Glasgow.

harryisere

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
Bristol, United Kingdom
Does anyone know how I make a complaint with very ? Sent two emails last week they both confirmed I would receive delivery this Saturday. Phoned them today at 12:30 and the woman on the phone said I would receive delivery Saturday, even asked her if there would be any delays. At 13.01 I received an email stating that there had been a delay and I won't receive it until mid October. An absolute joke

nellisere

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
I ordered my 7 Plus 32GB Black on the 9th with an expected delivery date of the 1/10/2016. After constant phone calls this past week, they kept saying the date was correct. Until I got an email yesterday, saying that due to stock delays, I wot get my order until mid October to the end of October. Although my account still shows delivery on Saturday, I don't have high hopes.

nellisere

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
I ordered my 7 Plus 32GB Black on the 9th with an expected delivery date of the 1/10/2016. After constant phone calls this past week, they kept saying the date was correct. Until I got an email yesterday, saying that due to stock delays, I wot get my order until mid October to the end of October. Although my account still shows delivery on Saturday, I don't have high hopes.

Well it's a good job I didn't have high hopes. Delivery date has moved back to the 15th October! Hopefully it won't be taken back again, but it is Very after all...

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
So I gave up on Very. They do not deserve my money or my time.

Luckily for me, cancelled my order and randomly checked that iStock website at 13:30 this afternoon. When it refreshed, there was a nice wee 128GB iPhone 7 Plus in black just waiting to be reserved at the Meadowhall Apple Store. I'm down in Nottingham so I braved the chaos traffic to get there a few hours ago and pick it up! . Guys in the store were really helpful and no hassle at all to swap. I was on day 14 of my iPhone 7 and to be honest they never even checked the date on my receipt. I had a feeling stock would be back when I was down in Englandshire and I brought my box with me!! The guy was spot on, even gave me a refund on the case that I had on the phone, even though I didn't have the box or packaging for that. Cannot fault Apple at all. Well maybe a wee bit for the lack of stock overall.

nellisere

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
So I gave up on Very. They do not deserve my money or my time.

Luckily for me, cancelled my order and randomly checked that iStock website at 13:30 this afternoon. When it refreshed, there was a nice wee 128GB iPhone 7 Plus in black just waiting to be reserved at the Meadowhall Apple Store. I'm down in Nottingham so I braved the chaos traffic to get there a few hours ago and pick it up! . Guys in the store were really helpful and no hassle at all to swap. I was on day 14 of my iPhone 7 and to be honest they never even checked the date on my receipt. I had a feeling stock would be back when I was down in Englandshire and I brought my box with me!! The guy was spot on, even gave me a refund on the case that I had on the phone, even though I didn't have the box or packaging for that. Cannot fault Apple at all. Well maybe a wee bit for the lack of stock overall.

How weird! I was in Meadowhall yesterday and I asked if they had any 7 Plus', and they said they didn't have a single one they could sell me and that they weren't expecting any stock until November! This was at around 12:30 - 1pm. Such a shame, I guess I'll just have to stick it out with Very.

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
How weird! I was in Meadowhall yesterday and I asked if they had any 7 Plus', and they said they didn't have a single one they could sell me and that they weren't expecting any stock until November! This was at around 12:30 - 1pm. Such a shame, I guess I'll just have to stick it out with Very.

I think what he said to you would technically be true. They don't have plus models that you can walk in and buy. You need to make a reservation on the site and they have those in the back when you come in. In November they will (well they and we hope) that there will be stock to sell to non-reserved walk ins.

Just checked my reservation email and I got that at 12:49 yesterday.

If you don't need it till Very can get it to you then there isn't any harm in waiting. I would keep checking the iStock site and if you see the one one you want, in a location you can get to then personally, I'd now get it from Apple and tell Very to ram it.

Edit: I checked the iStock site at 6am and random times between then and when I managed to reserve one - that was the only time I saw the stock for the 128 black go green. I even said that to the guy in Apple and he said he had no idea how the stock updates work. He said he was under the impression it updated at 6am and that was it.

vaughany18

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2012
England
For anyone like me that decided to stick out your very.co.uk order I just received my mb+ 128gb this morning. Wait and communication from very was awful but glad to have my phone in hand it's amazing!!!!

nellisere

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
For anyone like me that decided to stick out your very.co.uk order I just received my mb+ 128gb this morning. Wait and communication from very was awful but glad to have my phone in hand it's amazing!!!!
Wow lucky you! After being guaranteed I would get it today, surprise surprise they've told me I now have to wait until the 12th November. I'm absolutely disgusted with their service. Their call centre is atrocious and won't help at all. What was your expected delivery date?

vaughany18

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2012
England
Wow lucky you! After being guaranteed I would get it today, surprise surprise they've told me I now have to wait until the 12th November. I'm absolutely disgusted with their service. Their call centre is atrocious and won't help at all. What was your expected delivery date?
100% very have handled the pre order terribly no communication whatsoever. My original date was 16th September, surprise surprise was pushed back to 8th October and then pushed back to mid to late October so I was surprised to get it today

Zari

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2015
UK
100% very have handled the pre order terribly no communication whatsoever. My original date was 16th September, surprise surprise was pushed back to 8th October and then pushed back to mid to late October so I was surprised to get it today

Very are terrible, its not just the iPhone 7 pre-orders. It's when things go wrong that you really get to see how terrible Very can be lol

Good to hear that you finally have your phone, I hope the wait was worth it :)

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Very are terrible, its not just the iPhone 7 pre-orders. It's when things go wrong that you really get to see how terrible Very can be lol

Good to hear that you finally have your phone, I hope the wait was worth it :)
Yeah I don't trust that Holly Willibooby at all! :rolleyes:

Moo085

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
. Great news. I stuck with mine with a delivery date of the 29th October. Did you get a desptach email?

Damon2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
Got mine from Very not too long ago, actually 2/3 weeks early than expected.
128 Black 7

Still unopened, considering returning and maybe trying to go for the 0% 20 month installments with Apple instead.
As currently I can pay Very 7 using Take 3 which is still 200+ p/m for the next 3 months.
Plus Verys customer service isn't great at the best of times, so If it has any problems I would rather deal with Apple directly and be able to go into the Apple store and it get it swapped out.

Just dont wanna get a hard search on credit then get declined.

Decisions.

Also does anybody know if iPhones from Very stay unlocked? Or do they lock to the first sim you put in?

Last edited:

meechy

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
Got mine from Very not too long ago, actually 2/3 weeks early than expected.
128 Black 7

Still unopened, considering returning and maybe trying to go for the 0% 20 month installments with Apple instead.
As currently I can pay Very 7 using Take 3 which is still 200+ p/m for the next 3 months.
Plus Verys customer service isn't great at the best of times, so If it has any problems I would rather deal with Apple directly and be able to go into the Apple store and it get it swapped out.

Just dont wanna get a hard search on credit then get declined.

Decisions.

Also does anybody know if iPhones from Very stay unlocked? Or do they lock to the first sim you put in?

Just keep it. Also you can take the phone to apple for repair or replacement regardless of where you bought the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.