Very, very impressive - Thankyou.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
Hi there.

I just wanted to be the first to thank arn and the MR team for all the hard work that must have gone into today's live updates. Everything was executed perfectly, and I had a good, constant stream of updates. The 60 seconds then adding to the news, instead of full refresh worked very well, and the IRC was very fast.

I really feel it was perfectly done, and I think I will contribute now - to keep stuff like this happening, and to say thanks for how well done it was.

Thanks, and keep it up!

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
XIII said:
Hi there.

I just wanted to be the first to thank arn and the MR team for all the hard work that must have gone into today's live updates. Everything was executed perfectly, and I had a good, constant stream of updates. The 60 seconds then adding to the news, instead of full refresh worked very well, and the IRC was very fast.

I really feel it was perfectly done, and I think I will contribute now - to keep stuff like this happening, and to say thanks for how well done it was.

Thanks, and keep it up!
we went crazy man! all with the help of MR - good job guys

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
Congratulations from me, too. It worked perfectly and was the most up-to-date from the news sites, I was watching. In fact, it was this much better, that I quit the other sites and watched only MR's. Thanks a lot!

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I intended to post a thank you post to Macrumors but haven't been able to get on until now! :p :eek:

Best Keynote coverage for the best keynote, ever! Well done Macrumors and thank you! :)

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Yeah it worked a treat. Thanks arn and the moderators and everyone else involved.:cool:

war

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2005
Chicago
By far the best mac keynote coverage I have ever seen. No constant page refreshing. No "page will update every three minutes" even though they never do. I just let the page update every minutes like it was supposed to. It was actually weird to get coverage without some sort of connection failure. Thanks so much.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Yes, it went very smoothly...you'd have never known that so many people were hitting the server at once. It refreshed on a timely basis with no errors for me. Thanks MR!

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Well done and thanks very much! I tried to stay up till 4am to get all the news live, but I was zonked and flaked it around 3. But it didn't matter, because it was all waiting for me on MR when I woke up. :)

Thanks again!

cjc343

macrumors 6502
I only read the transcript afterwards, followed by watching the keynote once it was online.

I knew I was not going to be able to be around a computer during the keynote, but I sooo wanted updates, which leads to my suggestion:

How about SMS updates? Is this at all feasible for 'next time'? I'd really like to be able to receive a bunch of text messages on my cell phone detailing what's happening during the keynote if I can't be at my computer to read about it...

nospleen

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
It was awesome!! My experience was absolutely perfect. Except when I counted down the full 60 seconds and then there was not an update. :eek: :D

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
cjc343 said:
How about SMS updates? Is this at all feasible for 'next time'? I'd really like to be able to receive a bunch of text messages on my cell phone detailing what's happening during the keynote if I can't be at my computer to read about it...

Nice idea but how would they be funded?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
cjc343 said:
We actually did provide SMS updates to contributors this time around.

arn

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
max_altitude said:
Wow, I didn't realise that was part of the package.
It's not an advertised part of the package, but we had the capability this time, and thought it would be a nice perk for contributors.

The thing contributing does get you is removal of most ads on the front page and top of forums.

arn

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
Echoing what everyone else is saying, you guys did an awesome job covering the keynote. :D

FlamDrag

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2003
Western Hemisphere
100% Agree

This was the best coverage the MR has ever had in my experience, and I've been reading MR from almost the beginning. The improvements MR has made over the last several big Apple events are awesome.

Really great work Arn and Co. After much complaining by many around here, you've earned praise.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
An obligatory "Thank You" and "Congratulations" for a job very well done.

Also, a little bump to arn's ego: I was also trying to follow the engadget "feed" but right as the keynote was about to begin, the page went down. Very down. It didn't come back for quite a while.

Great work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.