Video Highlights of Tim Cook's D10 Interview

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

AllThingsD has posted highlights from Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher's interview with Apple CEO Tim Cook from yesterday. The nearly 17-minute video includes Cook's thoughts on a number of topics, including the impact of the iPad, Steve Jobs' passing, patent litigation, and more. MacRumors was on hand for the session and offers a rough transcript of the entire interview.

Several other video clips from Cook's interview addressing specific topics have also been posted. Other MacRumors coverage of key points from his interview includes:

- Tim Cook at D10: "We're going to double down on secrecy on products."
- Tim Cook at D10: Dodges Questions about TV, Is an Area of "Intense Interest"
- Tim Cook at D10: Hints at Facebook Integration, and Siri Improvements

Article Link: Video Highlights of Tim Cook's D10 Interview

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
He looks sickly. Does everyone look sick after they become Apple CEO?

Comment

newdeal

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2009

All i see on my ioad is a blank area where the video should be. Why would a tech site put up a video in flash at this point?

Comment

tod

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Ohio
Does WSJ always delay in posting the full video? I'd rather watch the whole thing...

Comment

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
CA
While it's obvious he probably doesn't have Steve's vision, it's clear from the video that he gets his choices. He understands that the tablet is not just another PC, and his comment about being free from legacy is particularly important for explaining the success of the iPad and iOS platform. I'm confident Tim gets the business even if he doesn't have as a strong a vision as where it's going.

Comment

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
He looks sickly. Does everyone look sick after they become Apple CEO?
Errr, he's reported to go to the gym for a heavy w/o daily, mountain bikes and climbs. How does that stack up to...say....an average guy's/your regimine?

Comment

filmantopia

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2010
Nowhere near as charismatic as Steve Jobs. :(
It's true. Steve's responses were always so fascinating, controversial, and engaging.

There's nothing wrong with Tim per se, but he's right: you can't make another Steve Jobs. He was one of a kind.

Comment

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
I have full confidence in Tim Cook as Apple's CEO.
I think he's doing a more than wonderful job at the post, and I think Apple's going to continue to make awesome products that both I and the rest of the world are going to love for many years to come.

However... nothing makes me miss Steve more than lengthy interviews with Tim like this one.
God, what a straight-edge, boring, uncharismatic guy. :(

irmongoose

Comment

Butler Trumpet

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2004
Dekalb IL
The more I watch AllThingsD the more annoyed I am with Kara Swisher. Anyone else feel like her questions are terrible?

That being said - overall nice interview and great to see Tim on stage. He is great at what he does and is the perfect voice for Apple.

Comment

a.gomez

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2008
All i see on my ioad is a blank area where the video should be. Why would a tech site put up a video in flash at this point?
because most people use actual computers to visit websites? not an iOS toy - only kids who do not manage large sites think you can drop flash.

the new reality of Apple... an "Untalented" at the top. I'm sure the iOS community wont mind, he is like them.

Comment

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
I want the full video, with the truly bizarre intro that made Tim jokingly say something like "if i knew what i was following i wouldn't have agreed"

Comment

keyser

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011
Steve was an artist, an entrepreneurial genius. This guy is a manager - a very good one at that, but still... Hope he can manage and keep to motivate innovative people that work for him.

While with Steve innovation was a top-down process, its Apples biggest future challenge to flip that while not jeopardizing quality or quantity of innovative output.

Comment

thenewperson

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2011
because most people use actual computers to visit websites? not an iOS toy - only kids who do not manage large sites think you can drop flash.
So? Those "actual computers" can support non-Flash video just fine.

the new reality of Apple... an "Untalented" at the top. I'm sure the iOS community wont mind, he is like them.
How cute. Come on, throw in more ad hominem in there. Surely you can fit more in?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.