Video of WWDC 2012 Keynote Now Available

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Roughly an hour after the end of the keynote at its Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple has posted a video of the event on its website. The Keynote should be made available soon on Apple's YouTube channel, as well as its Apple Keynotes Podcast on the iTunes Store. [Podcast links: Keynotes, Keynotes in HD, Keynotes in 1080p HD]

Apple did not broadcast the keynote live, so the video is an opportunity for viewers to see the introduction of OS X Mountain Lion, iOS 6, the new Retina display-equipped MacBook Pro, and Apple's new Maps app.

Other WWDC 2012 Keynote highlights:

- Apple Introduces MacBook Pro with 15.4" Retina Display
- New 'Maps' App With Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Real-Time Traffic, 3D Maps
- iOS 6 Comes with Siri Improvements, Facebook Integration, New Maps App, Passbook
- Mountain Lion Features Dictation, iCloud Tabs, and 'Power Nap'
- Apple Updates MacBook Pro and MacBook Air Models

- Apple Offers Minor Bump to Mac Pro Line, No Thunderbolt
- Apple Quietly Discontinues MacBook Pro 17"
- Apple Introduces Redesigned AirPort Express
- Apple Offers New $49 Smart Case for iPad

Article Link: Video of WWDC 2012 Keynote Now Available

cmonapple

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2012
So lets see...an average consumer's thoughts

iOS.
-Facebook update - Horrid. Most people despise facebook these days
-Siri - Cool little things, but they are missing the big thing - its not very functional
-Maps - Only Bright light, but..wait for it..GASP...Android still has better maps
-Passbook - Could bring security issues...may be cool...Who knows
Could easily be done in a simple update. 5.4? 5.5?

Overall -3/10

Macbooks
-Slightly better MBA and MBP - Yawn..Think about it. Most people won't notice the difference. Its miniscule.
-New Retina MBP - Fantastic...but wait... 2200 for base model? What? Apple is known to be overpriced but holy ... Wait until Windows Fanboys bash this price. Anyways, good machine but still too expensive. Should replace the 15 inch MBP IMO.

Overall - 4/10

WWDC presentation as a whole - 7/10...only highlight was that it was a good presentation.

Last edited:

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States

jayfehr

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2008
So lets see...an average consumer's thoughts

iOS.
-Facebook update - Horrid. Most people despise facebook these days
-Siri - Cool little things, but they are missing the big thing - its not very functional
-Maps - Only Bright light, but..wait for it..GASP...Android still has better maps
-Passbook - Could bring security issues...may be cool...Who knows
Could easily be done in a simple update. 5.4? 5.5?

Overall -3/10

Macbooks
-Slightly better MBA and MBP - Yawn..Think about it. Most people won't notice the difference. Its miniscule.
-New Retina MBP - Fantastic...but wait... 2200 for base model? What? Apple is known to be overpriced but holy ... Wait until Windows Fanboys bash this price. Anyways, good machine but still too expensive. Should replace the 15 inch MBP IMO.

Overall - 4/10

WWDC presentation as a whole - 7/10...only highlight was that it was a good presentation.
This my friends is a great example of a troll. Please don't respond to him.

BC2009

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2009
Anybody else notice the elongated iPhone in the BMW dashboard at 79:32 in the video?

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
quite the opposite. This WWDC doesn't look like it'll be that big of a deal.

iOS 6 will not be a major overhaul of the UI, a lot of people will be disappointed.

Just like Lion, Mountain Lion will be a lot of regurgitation of the features mentioned before, with none or very few new features for the final release.. just like Lion.

new Macs. This is where the main party will be, looking forward to slimmer versions.

Also, isn't this year's WWDC presentation supposed to be shorter than the usual ones? I thought i read that somewhere, correct me if i'm wrong.

just my thoughts. Still looking forward to all of the above mentioned!
Just as predicted, it was a very "meh" event. I still enjoyed what i saw, but i felt that Apple can do much more.

Also, only the 15" MBP is the slim one? that's a bummer.

If the rumored leaks of the next iPhone turn out to be legit.. then this will be a very underwhelming year for Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.