Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seinman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
What the hell... this morning I subscribed to the HD podcast, the keynote was there, and I downloaded all 2.something gigs of it over a two hour period (slow internet at work). I went to watch it, and it isn't in my iTunes! It doesn't show up in the podcast anymore either. It just disappeared, both the actual listing in the podcast, and the file I downloaded. :(

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Keynote is in Youtube now...

No it isn't.

What the hell... this morning I subscribed to the HD podcast, the keynote was there, and I downloaded all 2.something gigs of it over a two hour period (slow internet at work). I went to watch it, and it isn't in my iTunes! It doesn't show up in the podcast anymore either. It just disappeared, both the actual listing in the podcast, and the file I downloaded. :(

Is it in your iTunes folder on you computer?

------------

I just tried watching it on Safari and it started out alright but once it got to the bit about the blind person, the quality became so bad I couldn't see anything. I'll just wait for it to show up on iTunes. I wish they would hurry up. You would think that they would want to get the video out to the masses quickly, and in the best quality.

seinman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
Is it in your iTunes folder on you computer

Nope.

And it is gone from all three of the podcasts. I wonder why they took it down. I was hoping to be able to download it, because I've had lots of issues watching them directly on Apple's site in the past.

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
The 3 resolutions of the presentation noted on iTunes (links in the front-page article) just showed up in the last 30 minutes.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Each of these Apple leaders have very different styles, and we all miss Steve, but I have to say Tim Cook rocked this deal.

It didn't hurt that MacBook Airs were bumped 50% or so and also prices DROPPED $100. Probably mostly due to economies of scale on SSD. AT DOUBLE THE SPEED!

Macs are in the lead and pulling away from commodity PC's and this is undeniable.

Macs own the top and the bottom of the market. PC's still have a large userbase and serve the platform specific apps as well as industrial utility computing. I would like to see Apple come out with a Mac that comes with 2 variants of Windows installed and PC legacy ports so the folks who would like reliable low power utility PC's also have an option.

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/...o-spend-10b-building-factory-for-450mm-wafers

This is a 125% increase in surface area.

Rocketman

coolguy$$$

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
No it isn't.

Is it in your iTunes folder on you computer?

------------

I just tried watching it on Safari and it started out alright but once it got to the bit about the blind person, the quality became so bad I couldn't see anything. I'll just wait for it to show up on iTunes. I wish they would hurry up. You would think that they would want to get the video out to the masses quickly, and in the best quality.

Try Youtube for Dummies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnQ3Kc3PIjM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOLUFAf75A&feature=channel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvXJg2P65zw&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC1TIis-cmI&feature=relmfu

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
in 1920*1080p HD

Yeah, I realized that after I started my download for the 720p file. Wow, 7.56GB, thats pretty massive, but then again, it's 2 hours long.

For those wondering what the 720p version is, its 1.98GB.

EDIT: Question, I'm watching the Keynote now, downloaded from iTunes. Is motion appearing wavy to any of you? Some of the motion shots are almost painful to watch because its so wavy. Its irritating my eyes a little bit.

Last edited:

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
Yeah, I realized that after I started my download for the 720p file. Wow, 7.56GB, thats pretty massive, but then again, it's 2 hours long.

EDIT: Question, I'm watching the Keynote now, downloaded from iTunes. Is motion appearing wavy to any of you? Some of the motion shots are almost painful to watch because its so wavy. Its irritating my eyes a little bit.

It is the "interlacing".

Use VLC player and set the "deinterlace" to ON.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008

I may dl this version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.