Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

L-Viz

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2017
I just talked to KGI Securities Analyst Ming Cho Pak Choi. Tomorrow, Apple will announce a (PRODUCT)RED Edition Mac Mini. The information from the supply chain hints, that it will be equipped with a 6th generation Core i7 @4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 258 or 512 SSD and 1GB AMD Fire Pro graphics. Regarding ports, it will only be equipped with ethernet and 4 usb-c ports (tb3 compliant), no Audio in/out, no HDMI, no USB 2.0

after all, very exciting news !!!

Reactions: asv56kx3088

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Will be interesting to see if they stick with the white bezel this time round.

ccsicecoke

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
1999 Steve Jobs already knew this (1:36:33 to 1:37:06)

Hardware appearance does not matter anymore for Apple.

Because its core - software is flatten ugly since the departure of Steve and Scott.

And Apple’s philosophy is: software and hardware are seamlessly integrated, which means the whole package is now inherently ugly regardless the hardware design.

End of story.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Why no Red iPhone X?
Maybe Apple is waiting until June to release it? Personally, I think all colors should be released when the model is first released and only then. This staggered approach sucks and ends up irritating loyal users who didn’t expect that a color that they would’ve preferred more would end up being released only a few months later. I understand why Apple does it, perhaps hoping to spur poor/less than expected sales to go up, but that could backfire as well as users in the future could hold out expecting their favorite color to be released a few months later leading to a significant number of lost sales. What happens when there is no new color released? More irritated/disappointed users. :mad::(

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012

Because its core - software is flatten ugly since the departure of Steve and Scott.

And Apple’s philosophy is: software and hardware are seamlessly integrated, which means the whole package is now inherently ugly regardless the hardware design.

End of story.

Flat isn’t ugly. iOS 6 compared to iOS 11 is ugly.

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria

End of story.

Oh I agree. The software makes the phone just as much as the hardware does. In fact, it’s way more important. I honestly wouldn’t have gone all iPhone if iOS looked like it does today back when the original launched. Same with Macs and MacOS. It’s not just the looks, but in terms of the fluidity and smoothness which has gone down drastically. I’ve actually discussed this a lot and I still believe flat design is a total failure (at least Apples version of it), and cheapens the overall look of their devices. The magic with Apple has always been in the software, not the hardware.

Tuphr

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2017
Guess we’ll know pretty soon if the Store will be down... quite a slew of new products must mean few hours of down time.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Most people don’t care about the notch. Otherwise, the X wouldn’t have been the best selling iPhone last quarter.

That's like saying the 2017 Ford f-150 was the best selling ford truck last year.

No one is surprised the iPhone x, which was released last quarter, was the most popular iPhone last quarter.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
I just talked to KGI Securities Analyst Ming Cho Pak Choi. Tomorrow, Apple will announce a (PRODUCT)RED Edition Mac Mini. The information from the supply chain hints, that it will be equipped with a 6th generation Core i7 @4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 258 or 512 SSD and 1GB AMD Fire Pro graphics. Regarding ports, it will only be equipped with ethernet and 4 usb-c ports (tb3 compliant), no Audio in/out, no HDMI, no USB 2.0

after all, very exciting news !!!
Not one bite?

Morgenland

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2009
Europe
Rumors:
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models in a limited edition (PRODUCT)VELVET color will be unveiled as early as tomorrow. These phones are 100% assembled in America and therefore cost about $2000.
iphone-7-productvelvet.jpg

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
A blue 8 would have been so tempting to switch from X, but a blue X would also be pretty cool.

Apple, please give us more choices than just the boring black, white, and gold.

They already did; the experimental 5C. It didn’t sell. Metallic colors for a premium feel are what we will get from now on.

Reactions: martyjmclean

deanthedev

Suspended
Sep 29, 2017
Vancouver
That's like saying the 2017 Ford f-150 was the best selling ford truck last year.

No one is surprised the iPhone x, which was released last quarter, was the most popular iPhone last quarter.

Not the same at all. A more apt comparison would be someone claiming F-150 buyers don’t want luxury features when the F-150 Limited was the best selling model.

The iPhone X has been a resounding success, despite the naysayers.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I don’t understand why Apple doesn’t release Product Red when the phones are released.

Apple, like many other product makers, releases mid cycle refreshes to reignite interest in a product when all other early adopters will have already bought it. It’s a very common practice.

It sucks for those who are both early adopters and like the Product RED iPhones but nobody can blame Apple for using a strategy to sell more of their phones when sales start to typically slow down.

Reactions: tooloud10

lec0rsaire

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2017
Really late as usual. They should release these Product Red models earlier. The iPhone 9/9 Plus and the next gen X are around the corner. Better just to wait for September if you haven’t upgraded already.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012

Not the same. The X was the most expensive phone yet it sold the best of all their phones.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I like seeing the battery percentage. I won't be buying a notched iPhone.

Not crazy, you just have a preference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.