Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allenvanhellen

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2015
Memoji should be a perfect fit for the AVP: they aren't creepy, and they're easy to do. They could be made automatically and then easily tweaked by the user; many people spent a bit of time making their Memojis on their iPhones in the first place.

Reactions: gusmula

jole

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Memoji should be a perfect fit for the AVP: they aren't creepy, and they're easy to do. They could be made automatically and then easily tweaked by the user; many people spent a bit of time making their Memojis on their iPhones in the first place.

AVP is probably the reason why Memojis exist: I am sure they were Apple's plan for video conferencing. And then Apple noticed (thought) that they can do better - simulate photorealistic humans.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
If only God had graced us with actual eyes in actual faces with which to communicate with each other.

My position on this device remains unchanged - a technological marvel in a hellish, dystopian horror show of a product.

Reactions: gusmula

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
If only God had graced us with actual eyes in actual faces with which to communicate with each other.

My position on this device remains unchanged - a technological marvel in a hellish, dystopian horror show of a product.
I can't see your eyes or face right now. What devilment is this that you employ to convey your thoughts to me? Is this even you? How would I know?

Reactions: G5isAlive

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
It's strange... When they first did a demonstration of this product, I thought I would buy one. Now, not only have I not bought one (it's not in my country yet anyway), I am sick of even hearing about it!
The opposite for me. I had no intention of buying one. I was impressed by the demo then started to research the capabilities and the availability of apps. I ordered one five days after the demo and have been impressed with it every day. Hope you can find some other news to read.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I read this story because I have a Vision Pro and am understandably interested in the next software release. I’m surprised to see the posts from people who don’t own one or have no intention of buying one.
VP is one of those things where people who don't want it feel compelled to post how much they don't want it. They gleefully reach for anything to be an indication that the product is a failure. Like they feel personally insulted by an inanimate object.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.