Waffle, Flamingo, Otter, Sloth, Skunk, and Garlic Among New Emojis Coming to iOS in 2019

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 5, 2019.

1. rturner2 macrumors 6502a

Brave
    --- Post Merged, Feb 5, 2019 ---
    Surprised Apple hasn’t pushed hard to get this through.

2. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

You forgot the smiley :eek:

3. WWPD macrumors regular

WWPD

4. minik macrumors 65816

5. lunarworks macrumors 65816

Don't worry, most of them are still on iOS 6 because they hate "flat" design.

6. obiwan macrumors 6502

Forget the forthcoming MacPro, that new Otter emoji should fulfil all my computing needs!!

7. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

Users: We just want Dark Mode.
    Apple:
    Apple:
    Here are 230 new emoji variations for gender and skin tones.

8. PKFC macrumors newbie

Apple will implement Unicode 12 at the latest with 12.1 which will be required in the spring for the new Japanese era character. There cannot be a delay to that implementation. So I don't know how Android will manage. That's not to say that all the emoji will be created (although I'd bet that you'd need them to consider it implementing Unicode correctly)

9. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502a

I like it, modern day hieroglyphs.

centuries from now some kids going to studying my inane texts.
    also they'll assume young people loved eating eggplants and/or peaches

10. goobot, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019

goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Emoji were yellow first dude. I doubt many cared.

11. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

I don’t even understand why we need so many emojis. It takes 5 mins to even search for one now. Are they ever going to stop adding them?

12. Pablo.A.Pucci macrumors member

Pablo.A.Pucci

The most important Emoji here is the Mate one... For all the mate drinkers out there...

13. WinterWolf90 macrumors 6502

heaven forbid they represent people

14. iGeneo macrumors regular

iGeneo

At least make it like the Mac where we can have "favorites"... that would be a good first step

15. jimbobb24 macrumors 6502a

I find the mixed race couples woefully inadequate as they appear to only represent 2 genders. Unacceptable.

The wheeelchair is overdue.

16. PickUrPoison, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019

PickUrPoison macrumors 68030

I think it’s more like this:

Random MR Forum poster: I don’t have anything relevant to say, but I like when people “like” me... it’s so validating to know I’m in a safe space :) Hmmm, what shall I post... something pithy and original... I know, “courage!” No, I just used that. Oh, I got it, “innovation!” Whoops, I used that one already too. Oh, I got it, “Tim Cook is taking our Macs and forcing us to buy real computers: iPads.” Oh no, I used that earlier today. Hmmm, what to post, what to post... oh, I got it, I’ll demonstrate my complete lack of knowledge about computers by complaining that the artist who draws emoji should be coding, finding bugs and working on the Mac Pro! Perfect! How clever is that? lols

Apple: Here are the latest emoji introduced by the Unicode Consortium. We can either support them, or let our users receive texts with small little squares whenever their friends on Android use them. Since I think our users would rather see which emoji their friends actually texted them instead of a small little square, we should have Anna down in graphics draw them up.

Random MR Forum poster: OMG!!! I can’t believe Apple has assigned all 35,000 of their engineers to draw emoji :mad: We’re never going to get that new feature I want right now... and those bugs will never be found—let alone fixed... and they’re NEVER going to release that Mac Pro that I’m never going to buy....

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!1!!1! What happened to my safe space?

Tim Cook needs to be fired! Apple can’t innovate anymore! Steve would never allow that! Where’s my new iMac? Apple has lost its way! iPhones are too expensive! Where’s my Mac Pro? Jony, make it thinner! Where’s my 5G? Apple Maps sucks! We need Scott Forstall back! Where are my ports? I want Aperture back! Where’s my 17” MBP? Bring back AirPort! These airpods look like Q-tips! Where’s my bigger battery? I need Mag Safe! Can’t innovate my ass! Angela, stop releasing watch bands! I hate this camera bump! Siri sucks! Why is Apple making a car, they should just buy Tesla! Apple is doomed! Where’s my SE2? Tim Cook only cares about being PC! Why is Apple making original content, they should just buy Netflix! Apple’s not green, the batteries are glued in! Where’s my under screen TouchID? Tim Cook is a bean counter, he only cares about profits! HomePod is overpriced! Where’s my AirPower? FaceID sucks! Cook is just an operations guy! Apple’s late to market again! Apple needs to buy Disney! The XR isn’t even HD! Where’s my iPad mini 5? The iPhone needs USB-C! Where’s my new Apple display? Angela, we hate your stupid coat! Where’s my headphone jack? Get rid of that stupid notch! The iPad is only for consuming content! Jony, get rid of that accent, and stop saying alumin-i-um... and grow some hair while you’re at it! You can’t do real work on an iPad! Apple lost the professional market! iPad needs a file system! Where’s your pipeline Tim? One more thing... The Apple TV remote sucks!

17. tridley68 macrumors 6502a

tridley68

OMG! i don't know how i ever live without a Butter stick Emoji.

18. Blackwell macrumors newbie

Blackwell

19. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

Why do we need some many emojis? You scroll and scroll through a giant list to find the one you need.

When is it enough?

20. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

Yeah but yellow isn’t white.

21. blacktape242 macrumors 65832

blacktape242

all inclusive, is all i have to say....good lord...who cares, oh wait PC principal does..

22. eatrains macrumors 6502

It's hilarious that people still think Apple, not the Unicode Consortium, controls emoji sets.

23. deaddog macrumors member

You can just type the word and the keyboard will give suggestions with the emoji to use.

24. KPandian1, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019

KPandian1 macrumors 65816

… more posts/posters like these (the above are just from the first page)

Unicode Consortium

Unicode Consortium

Unicode Consortium

Unicode Consortium

Unicode Consortium

Unicode Consortium

Unicode Consortium

This is the group responsible for the Emoji - it is there in the first line. Always has been the "Consortium" responsible for Emojio_O.

Not Apple, Google, Microsoft or any evil power like Qualcomm!:rolleyes:

25. pmau macrumors 65816

With the new dark mode, these white emoji would really pop.