Waffle, Flamingo, Otter, Sloth, Skunk, and Garlic Among New Emojis Coming to iOS in 2019

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm waiting for the most important emoji of all: a lemur.

2. bstpierre macrumors 6502a

And yet there is no ground hog emoji

3. Will.O.Bie macrumors 6502

Will.O.Bie

Then you shouldn't be hanging out with that person if you won't find anything he/she has anything to say, interesting.

4. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

Sloth, Skunk, and Waffle = all apt representations of :apple: right now.

5. Focusx0131 macrumors member

Focusx0131

If that happens, I would be using Google Translate extensively and will be subsequently confused/entertained/annoyed with the AI translations.

6. MacBergin macrumors regular

MacBergin

Please tell me why there is a team devoted to making new emojis and yet the iMac hasn't had an update in 2 years. Tim let's check our priorities.

7. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

Because apple can either develop emoji or update iMac. Apple can’t multitask.;)

8. mrex macrumors 68030

mrex

probably they use ipad as their computers - once they move to the other window, the second one holds...

9. PG(Austin) macrumors regular

PG(Austin)

I just want to delete the ones that are stupid and irrelevant.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:32 AM ---
    These are a brilliant way to communicate huh? We have a keyboard of 26 letters and 10 numbers(not to mention the punctuation and symbols) that can help a person type millions upon millions of words, phrases, descriptions and unlimited numbers yet this "consortium" wants to use a picture for every-thing and every-one. Yes, that is so efficient. The members of this "consortium" obviously seriously need more to worry about and more important work to do besides destroy language as we know it, because that is exactly what they are doing. Everyone knows, NOTHING good comes from the committee environment. Especially one that is taking cues from anyone who wants to submit to them.

10. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

Destroy language as we know it.

Wow

11. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

I heard that these people used to make fairly good computers back in the day. What a waste.