Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrism_scotland

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2018
I’ll be stunned if we see an iPad Pro upgrade this year, last years was already overkill for the software, lets get iPadOS out in September and see what that brings before an iPad Pro update next year, probably late next year.

Dkka1

Cancelled
Feb 28, 2019
Yep, go get a 1TB/6GB if your that worried about it. Not to mention the the internal storage is drastically faster than all of the lower tier models.

The 4th gen iPad Pro models will probably be equipped with the same amount of memory. Only a year from now.

How much is a base model iPad Pro 4th gen going to cost? Who knows, Apple slowly increases the price on any product that release generation after generation.

I might just skip the 4th gen all together.
[doublepost=1559771094][/doublepost]Just to add. iPad Pro 2nd gen to 3rd gen went up $100 dollars. So 4th gen will probably add another $100 dollars. Why do manufacturers do this? They slowly feed us a price increase. Next thing you know, in 2020+ a top of the line iPad will be $3,000 bucks.

It’s like they know we’re about to enter a recession sooner than later (not talking about politics, it’s just the cycle), and they’re trying to milk the cow while the cow isn’t ill. We have to consider that all the iOs products haven’t faced an economic recession in their whole existence (booming from 2009-2010 on really). They need to full the war chest and take advantage of the high consumer sentiment while it lasts. Because once we arrive there, believe me: trying to sell lots of $1000+ iPhones and $900+ iPad will seem like a joke.

Note that the US is talking seriously about cutting rates and the EU hasn’t even raised them yet: ugly, and even uglier because all of this is improvisation.

All the luxury segment is doing this, with prices climbing like crazy during these last 2 years or so (everywhere from real estate, cars, clothing, watches, jewelry, electronics...). What I’m curious to see is how they will manage their prices once we arrive there, because going down in list price is very dangerous (it lowers the desirability and creates expectations of more reductions to come, hence backwardation).

Last edited:
Reactions: Populus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.