Waiting for the *Black Cannonlake Macbook*

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jobsian, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Jobsian macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

The event will be called "Back to the Mac...again" and Tim Cook, clad in Forstall Leather, will be carried on his throne by Schiller, Wozniak and Ballmer, with a biocell of a foetal Jonny Ive wheeled behind him, powering Cook through a direct feed from his neural circuitry.

Jester Federighi will give us a demo, but mainly tickle us, then we'll see a video of a depleted Ive telling us how they painstakingly perfected black anodization by putting everyone at apple through intensive psychoanalysis and creating an individualised Jobs-voiced borderline-abusive AI which boomed into every employee's earpiece during R&D. The feed to Schiller was outright abusive.

With the improved thermals of a 10nm process (nearly 30% reduction) will the next Macbook get a redesign? Imagine a thinner, lighter, black Macbook! What about a 14" option? Remember those pictures of a possible prototype behind Cook?

Intel have said Cannonlake will be "up to" 30% faster than Kaby Lake. I think LPDDR4 support has also been confirmed. I'm looking forward to this mainly as I've been waiting for them to include a 1TB SSD and surely we'll see it next.

Possible specs I'd like to see:
    • Redesign - Thinner, lighter, comes in desolate black. 14" option. Reduced bezels.
    • Up to 30% faster Cannonlake CPU, really around 10% faster
    • LPDDR4 RAM, up to 16GB
    • Up to 1 TB SSD
    • 12 Hour Battery
    • Slightly better screen
    • 720i webcam
    • 3rd Gen Pavlovian Keyboard which jolts your fingers with 100V if you err
    • Really nice

What do you want in the next Macbook?

2. PieTunes macrumors 6502

PieTunes

Nicholas Cage's mustached face on the lid instead of the Apple logo. :D

3. pika2000 macrumors 68030

All I want from a new MacBook is a 12 hour battery life. The rest are just icing on the cake. I have used and gamed on an m7 device, and it is quite fast already for the form factor. But battery life improvement is desperately needed. If the battery life of a new MacBook can match the 13" Air, Apple can finally put the MacBook Air to rest.

4. EugW macrumors 68000

EugW

1. 2nd USB-C port.
    2. Better trackpad.
    3. Wide colour gamut screen.
    4. 720p camera with good low light capability

5. Qu1ckset macrumors regular

Qu1ckset

1. I personally haven't found a big want for second usb so wouldn't be a deal breaker.
    2. What's wrong with the trackpad ?
    3. I agree
    4. I agree but not deal breaker

For me
    ThunderBolt 3 and Improved CPU/iGPU performance interest me more then anything

6. EugW macrumors 68000

EugW

The MB trackpad on the "Firm" setting is still not as firm as the MBP's trackpad's firm setting. It's a more substantial feel on the MBP.

7. Ace2617 macrumors regular

Ace2617

I'd consider a rMB in the future if the screen was bigger. 14" would be cool. Also, one USB-C on each side would be nice - not really necessary, but just for convenience sake to be able to choose either side to connect dongles or cables.

8. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

The retina Macbook doesn't suit my needs at all. It's too small, not nearly powerful enough, and it doesn't have enough ports. If they made it in black I would buy one though.

9. Qu1ckset macrumors regular

Qu1ckset

Lol all that hate towards it but you'd buy it if it came in black? Haha

10. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I really-really like the current top-end MacBook, but I don't NEED one yet.

Next year's model will be quite nice, but I am banking on the 7nm IceLake processors to be the SERIOUS DOPE.

Serious.

By that time they will have ironed out everything and these MacBooks will be about as powerful as a mid-level 2015 iMac. Sure, it's going to be June 2019, but it'd become a main machine for me at those speeds. Energy consumption on the 10nm process will be tiny... speed incredible... and birds will poop entire, adult unicorns that will fall to earth and crap on rooftops as they die from the impact.

11. CatherineVeraGat Suspended

Is it the MacBook 12-inch?

12. Populus macrumors 6502

Populus

This explains many things...

Yes, he's referring to the 12" MB
    --- Post Merged, Aug 4, 2017 ---
    I only expect the 10nm intel coreM CPU, with better graphics, more performance, and cooler (less throttling)

13. CatherineVeraGat Suspended

14. Appleaker macrumors 68000

They are testing out the black color on MacBooks, and it'd definitely be something i'd like to see. It's different enough from space gray that it'd be best as an additional colour, or they could go somewhere in between, i.e. the iPod Touch/Apple Watch space gray.

I'd want a larger MacBook too, whether 13" or 14", it'd more likely be 13" due to the size/performance pattern with MacBooks. They gave it in the form of the bas 13" MacBook Pro, but it just isn't the same. If they use the quad-core 15W/28W chips on all 13" MBPs, then maybe it would make more sense for Apple.