Waiting List for New Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Syke., Jun 29, 2010.

1. Syke. macrumors newbie

I am waiting for the new Mac Pro. I was wondering who else is waiting? Post here!

2. strausd macrumors 68030

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

+2 The MAc Pro's target market knows technology. I'd be surprised if Apple sold more than 10 Mac Pros a day at this point.

4. Deepshade macrumors regular

+1

Jigsaw24 in the UK have had over 100 MacPros in stock for a few months now - stock level has changed hardly at all.

5. simonisme macrumors newbie

ditto... need a new workstation bad.... but no way i'm paying the price for the current mac pro...

6. hexagonheat macrumors member

Queue the fanboys that will tell you "blah blah apple doesn't owe you anything... don't buy it then... it's more than enough... professionals buy the machine the day they need it otherwise they aren't true professionals... it's still a good system... blah blah" :rolleyes:

Personally if I was going to plunk down $4K for a new machine I'd be upset if it was updated right after the grace period where I could no longer return it.

7. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

You can count me in as waiting. If something awesome comes in the next update, I might just pick one up.

8. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I'm very much on that waiting list. Suddenly the worst case scenario of September that was raised in May doesn't seem that far off any more.

9. simonisme macrumors newbie

I would go nuts if I paid the price it is at right now and next week or next month it get's updated... The graphic card now is basically pointless, and everything else is overpriced by now..

I guess I can wait till the end of July, maybe August, but by September I really need a new machine.. The iMac's screen sucks for me personally so that isn't really an option... and I hear the imac might be updated as well in the near future.

Going back to windows is not an option.. so I guess another mbp is the only option for me, tho I really wanted a desktop..

10. mism macrumors member

Waiting (just like Steve told me too). I wish he'd answer my emails, I guess they aren't 'on message'.

11. zeigerpuppy macrumors member

Gave up waiting

gave up waiting in March and built my own!

12. KainProject macrumors newbie

I'm sick of waiting.. It's been too long, too long.
    I'm sorry, Mr. Jobs, but Mr. Gates will now get my money.

Oh, a +1 for lack of good info on this website. It made me back off on purchasing a Mac Pro in December, due to the fact that it was listed as 'Don't Buy - Updates soon'.

13. Vylen macrumors 65816

Why'd you switch to Mac if you can stick with Windows in the first place?

14. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Count me in. Twice.

The company I'm working for is holding off my work Mac Pro purchase because of the horrible price/performance ratio right now. And if the update is good I might buy one for home use too.

15. telequest macrumors regular

Ditto this.

Waiting to buy 2 for pro use. Hope to keep in use for about 5 years. Don't want want to cripple the investment at the outset by purchasing current model thats outdated and/or has bad value/money ratio. Obviously would buy now if a new project required more power than we currently have.

16. Nate Hoffman macrumors newbie

I work in a studio with 8 other guys. I think 5 of us are waiting to buy new Mac Pros as soon as they are released. So yeah, +5 here.

17. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

Why? There is no technology out now that will suddenly make the 2009 Mac Pro slow and ****.

EXPENSIVE 6 core CPUs that will be added to the top end for extra £££ and maybe a GPU which if you were REALLY bothered you could buy separately.

Comments like this are ridiculous and stupid.

If you NEED a Mac Pro now BUY ONE. Waiting means your only buying it because you can afford it and want the latest and greatest, not because it has a task to perform!

And LOL at criticising a website giving you AN OPINION. Do you spend £2k+ on a computer without doing research first!? If so you would know what possible configurations could appear and what they may cost.

The amount of utter ridiculous rubbish posted on this site is astounding.

Personally I couldn't care if it is updated now or in a years time when there may be something new out and worth changing to!

18. simonisme macrumors newbie

Don't have much to say about the rest of your post. People have their opinion and people that are sick of waiting might get frustrated, with only a few words from Apple's side saying wether it will or will not be updated in the near future would be enough.

however your comment above is plain dumb.

It's not about the the newest, latest and greatest.... it's about spending alot of money on a pro machine. Which is now outdated. Especially the gpu in that kind of machine is a joke. Anyway, if you spend that money now and in 2 weeks the update occurs, that's just stupid and you would kick yourself in the nuts.

Maybe it won't have amazing new technology but at least the GPU will be better, maybe more RAM or more HD space... it might cost a few $ more or less that all doesn't really matter...

You will pay more or less the same but it will be the most current build which will be worth it's money.

if you go to the store to buy a watermelon, and you have a choice of one that has been there for 5 days or the one that just comes in fresh... you'll pick the fresh one.

An exception maybe, for bigger companies with larger budgets it won't really matter and your theory is correct, but for smaller businesses, with no huge cashflow, they want the best buy that last a long time.

19. keewe macrumors member

count me in...

gonna work on quiet a big HD project in mid july/august. if apple won't release i til july 13, i'll buy a windows machine... even i'd prefer to work on mac only.

20. the editor macrumors regular

So what if the people whom want to buy a MP just want the latest and greatest...its not as if your paying for it now is it? I'm buying a MacPro just to play on the internet..now get frustrated.:eek:

If you want to be a sucker pissing away money on last years technology than by all means go ahead...we don't mind

And who REALLY needs to have a MacPro anyway? you make it sound as if life depends on it... Its just a personal choice and lets leave it at that ...its not as if the Mac Pro is like the absolute best computer out there for heavy duty work, on the contrary, there are much faster and more up to date computers out there cheaper or in the same price range...some people stick to Mac, others stick to Windows but the time that Mac is better than a windows machine is long gone..Macs look better but Lack up to date hardware and thus performance.

21. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

waiting and waiting and waiting, but there is a limit . . . .

22. macusersince5 macrumors member

macusersince5

been waiting since March... and still waiting.

23. parakiet macrumors regular

well... i started waiting when the almost stopped selling 2008 mac pros
    wait for 2009, big change

now it's wait for 2011