Waiting Patiently for the White iPhone and Making Guesses to It's Availability Here

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neoelectronaut, Jul 12, 2010.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

So I'm doing my best to be patient to wait for the White iPhone. I figured that if I could resist buying an iPhone since 2006 I can wait a little bit more. (This'll be my first smart phone period, upgrading from a Motorola SLVR)

Here's to hoping I can get one in-hand by the weekend of August 13, as the girlfriend and I are taking a weekend trip, and the GPS/Maps would come in hella handy.

2. kizersoze83 macrumors member

I think that apple will wait until after the 30 day return policy for the black one so they don't have a bunch of people "trading." The only thing that worries me is availability...am I going to have to wait another 3 weeks after they announce it just to get it shipped??? I am worried about actually getting my hands on one...I am terribly impatient when it comes to new apple products :eek:

3. xqb4dpx macrumors member

There have been a few Apple employees spotted with white iPhone 4s in the wild this past weekend. Let's hope they're up for pre-orders tonight!

4. jilli3mac macrumors newbie

can't decide

I am also considering getting a white one, I have a black 3G right now so changing it up might be cool but I can't decide.
    Anyway I called my local apple store today and the person I talked to vaguely said it might be released july 20th or July 24th, of course he didn't say if there was going to be a sign up list for it or if the ability to pre-order was available or if there will be lines like on the initial release date.

5. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

I'm a pessimist. I think we won't see any white ones for sale until July 24 and I won't be holding mine before August 15. I hope I am wrong.

6. xqb4dpx macrumors member

Why August 15?

7. TarHeelBorn88 macrumors regular

If pre order is available, my guess it would begin tomorrow morning (Tuesday) or Thursday. Apple loves Tuesday and Thursday. Like mentioned before, you should not expect an announcement. It is going to become available or available for pre order blindly, you just have to keep checking religiously.

Hopefully Apple keeps their word and does release it in the 2nd half of July. Though, they've already have shown that they cannot keep their word.

8. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

+1. Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I check their site about every hour. I'm sure MacRumors will be one of the first to report it.

I really do hope Apple allow Pre-Orders/Reservations. I wasn't a fan of how the handled launch day, but I did like how they allowed Pre-Orders and Reservations.

9. PetitBourgeois macrumors member

If it is available for pre-order tomorrow, what time is likely - at midnight, pacific time, or later?

10. 0101001 macrumors 6502

I was told by ATT they would have them in August. Take it with a grain of salt.

11. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Since I don't have any hard and fast information, it's just about a month in the future.

12. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Well I emailed steve and asked him to send some to my local best buy by my birthday on the 21st. I'm sure he is good for it.
    :apple:

13. wickedawesome31 macrumors member

Waiting for the white iPhone is worse than that time everybody was waiting for LeBron James to pick a team ;).

Hopefully pre-orders start this week!

14. TarHeelBorn88 macrumors regular

Yeah, but he choose the right team. South Beach Superstars FTW :D

15. Espo macrumors 6502

They should be available for pre-order this week. If they are to be up for pre-order.

Also, along with those spotted with Apple employees, there was also a leaking of a white iP4 unboxing from Japan. These things are coming, soon they'll be here, but waiting for one is a b!tch.

16. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Shameless bump, good question. Anyone remember what time the black ip4 went up?

17. mike1123 macrumors 6502

mike1123

I think it was around 2 AM EST.

18. miki66 macrumors 6502

miki66

just keep waiting patiently and patiently and patiently

19. Espo macrumors 6502

I remember the day the ip4 went up for pre-order, I was able to order one at 8am EST, but I decided to wait for the white... So I don't think we have to be too crazy about getting one... I'm just morning will be early enough assuming they will be available for pre-order...

20. TarHeelBorn88 macrumors regular

I woke up early like 6am est and it was up. So most likely 5-6am est. i really don't think the hype is going to be huge that it overflows the website so orders are messed up, at least im hoping not

21. Espo macrumors 6502

I agree.

22. Got Haggis? macrumors member

July 15th pre order with july 31st shipping is my guess

23. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

When does the droid X release? maybe Jobs will launch them that day to kill some of its buzz?

24. .:ryan:. macrumors member

Thursday

25. TarHeelBorn88 macrumors regular

It would go along with Apple's obsession with Tuesday and Thursday. Wasn't the 24th a Thursday too?