Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M1_and_beyond

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2021
No issues on 15 Pro Max, though it did feel warm on the reboot and the battery dropped quickly by 5%.

GodBrutus

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2022
This happened to me but there is a light at the end of the tunnel....
I installed Beta 2 then got a message that something crashed and asking to send a report...
I did that and then locked my phone...
At that point i could not swipe up anymore to unlock the phone...
I managed to turn it off though but then restarting it got me in that infinite loop or so I though it would be infinite but after several force restart and leaving the phone for a while do it's loop, it eventually got me to a nice white apple on a black background and then to the login screen...
The phone is working great now...
So for all that are affected reading this...
Don't try and wipe your phone or install an older version, there is a way back to a perfectly working phone...
It will just require to be patient...
And when you get back on your phone and don't have a back...
It will be a good time to do one just in case :)

hagar

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
No idea why so many people are installing these. And apparently on their main devices. Unless you’re a developer or working in an IT dept I don’t see any reason, unless for it to go south and then complain about Apple losing it.

Lizzard899

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2023
Delaware
This happened to me but there is a light at the end of the tunnel....
I installed Beta 2 then got a message that something crashed and asking to send a report...
I did that and then locked my phone...
At that point i could not swipe up anymore to unlock the phone...
I managed to turn it off though but then restarting it got me in that infinite loop or so I though it would be infinite but after several force restart and leaving the phone for a while do it's loop, it eventually got me to a nice white apple on a black background and then to the login screen...
The phone is working great now...
So for all that are affected reading this...
Don't try and wipe your phone or install an older version, there is a way back to a perfectly working phone...
It will just require to be patient...
And when you get back on your phone and don't have a back...
It will be a good time to do one just in case :)
That might be because theyre trying to pull down the beta so they can bring out a fixed beta. That what Ive read online. All the apple news articles Ive read have said they expect the beta to be pulled today and that they will release a fix

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
You say bricked phones, I hear job security.

I bet Best Buy and Apple stores are packed right now.
This was only released to Developers. Most will know what to do next.
Best Buy employees wouldn't know what to do. If they don't know what a PoE Switch is, they wouldn't know how to recover a bricked iPhone.
And Apple Employees will stare at you... and maybe they will help you

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Updated just fine for me on a 15PM... I started reading the thread right after I clicked "install now" so it was a tense 5 minutes lol.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Language problem here: Bricked means it’s all over for the device. If you can restore it, it wasn’t bricked. ❤️
What is the correct term for a situation like this?

Or do you have to use a phrase to describe it (like "stuck in boot loop")?

MNWildFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota, USA
Just updated my 15 with no problems

Was almost not going to install it after I saw this and thought "Eh, if the worst does happen, I'll just DFU", which thankfully I did not have to resort to

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
I understand this is a beta, but the least they can do is have the beta update install without hiccups!

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Just updated my 15 with no problems

Was almost not going to install it after I saw this and thought "Eh, if the worst does happen, I'll just DFU", which thankfully I did not have to resort to

You went ahead even after you saw this? LOL! man you're a different kind of brave

Reactions: Lizzard899

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018
Worked fine for me iPhone 14Plus. Really wish these authors writing this stuff could do some investigating. Is it only certain models? Clearly there is a culprit. Maybe Facebook upped their game from draining batteries on purpose to bricking devices. Normally I’d say that was needless conspiracy theory, but they actually did get caught deliberately draining batteries

ian-frs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2007
ATL
I messed up pushing my phone into DFU after I got the white screen of trying to recover data and the reboot got it working before I even finished the restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.