Watch out for Iphone thieves!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alejovh1, Jun 20, 2008.

1. alejovh1 macrumors regular

2. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I bet the 3g iphone will be wanted even more if you can't just out right buy one.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What is sad is forget the two passengers...where the **** was that bus driver?

4. alejovh1 thread starter macrumors regular

sad that people just don't care anymore! :(

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Somebody dressed like a thug attacks someone ...

For me, personally, that is a sign it is time to walk away quickly.

No telling if the teen had any weapons in his baggy pants pooled around his feet.

---

Though that does prove that is one seriously bad clothing style for getting into fights with.

2 seconds and you are pants'd and at a serious disadvantage for attacking or defending. Hang on a sec, while I get my gun/knife out of the laundry basket.

6. Mason1 macrumors member

Ive gone passed so many kids on the street while im walking that just look at my ipods as i go passed them....

I cant stand people who steal, Ill mess somebody up if they wanna come at my new 3g iphone :mad::mad:

7. aneftp macrumors 68040

Can these kids be rehabilitated....very doubtful

It's unfortunate but it's highly doubtful a kid like this can be rehabilitated. He's learned criminal behavior from his peers growing up. I think you should get 2-3 chances in life but I'm sure this kid has probably a history of this kind of behavior. It will only escalate into bigger crimes. What next? He'll probably use a gun to hold up people and than pull the trigger in the commission of a crime.

It's like the Sean Taylor killers. All those kids had some type of criminal history. Their attorney's are trying to get the prosecution to agree to 2nd degree murder charges since they could be out in 20-25 years. So they come out as 40 years with no job prospects and will resort to criminal behavior again.

8. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Creepy. This is one reason rarely ever take my iPhone out in public unless i have to use it

9. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I live in NYC. Whenever I have to take me iPhone out in public, I clutch it really hard just in case someone tries to walk by and snatch it. But it's only in certain crowded, touristy areas where I get this paranoid. Around my apartment, I'm not so worried about thieves.

10. yode macrumors 6502

11. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

I work on a secure unit. Hoodies are banned for staff, they're very dangerous items of clothing.

AppleMatt

12. Hdunlopclark macrumors member

Seems similar to what happened to me once with me on a bus with my ipod touch. Someone sat next to my on the upper level of the bus there was one old woman at the back. I was a bit weary because there were like 40 other places to sit but he chose next to me??? Then he started to try to get the ipod off me and i was like "i dont think so!" so i started to whack him round the head with this solid bone with marrow in for my dog!!! He got put in to jail for 6 months i think

13. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

If they would let you insure your iphone you wouldnt have to fight for it.Just give it to him nobody gets hurt.Call att or apple and have a new one on the way with a small deductable.But to have to pay $250 again i would take a a** whoopin like that to.

14. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Sad that out of the 3 other people on the bus (maybe more), no one did a thing.

When I walk in Manhattan I always clutch my iPhone tight while I'm using it. When I go to parties or when I'm drunk I also make sure it is in my pockets at all times. I pat my pockets like every 2 minutes in those party/drunk situations.

15. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Sad, but at least he didn't get the iPhone (As stated in the article). Things like this annoy me, as I'm a teenager and occasionally wear a hoody (Not so much now due to this reason), but we all get a bad name when most of us would never think about robbing someone.

I haven't been robbed myself, but two of my friends was on our school bus. One of my friends thought back and they didn't manage to get his phone off him, my other friend handed it over.

I'd hit anyone that tried robbing me, whether I was going to get beaten or not.

16. MacMalv macrumors regular

is that a joke!!

just today was the funeral of a sixteen year old choir boy, who was stabbed in the neck because he refused to have a fight with someone. SICK

17. impact_blue macrumors regular

Though it wasn't an iphone, I almost had my Powerbook stolen at JFK. I had to take it out and put in on a tray to go through xray, as soon as I did, the guy waiting in line behind me grabbed it. Luckly I had a hand on it and clamped down and made a scene. I yelled at him WHAT THE **** are you doing!?

Stupidly this was in front of TSA so they all swarmed in and wonder what was going on. The guy completely denied everything and said he thought it was his laptop. :rolleyes: GAH stupid people!! Still boils me to think about it.

18. impact_blue macrumors regular

:D You do the 2 minute pat down too while intoxicated?

Wallet - Check
    Phone - Check
    Drink - Check ;)

19. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hopefully with this type of media coverage it should make it easier to catch the thug. We shouldn't blame Apple or AT&T for the actions of this scumbag; I'm certain he's done this before. Whether it was a Motorola Razor, BB, MB or PC laptop, this clown has priors. Clearly, premeditated and this scumbag will continue his path of mayhem and brutality until he's caught, and sent away for 3-5 years in "the Big House!" :mad:

20. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Lol yeah, it is pretty hard to take advantage of me when I'm "intoxicated". Especially when it comes to my iPhone, once I sense trouble I immediately sober up lol. The only instince that worried me was when me and my friends were drunk and one of them asked to borrow it, so I let him. And then he didn't wanna give it back and said it was his phone.

I was like oh helllll no and just ripped it from his hands. He thought he was getting an iPhone that night, please.

21. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

Had he replaced his default earbuds with some regular black ones he wouldn't have been jumped.

I personally use shure earbuds with the music phone adapter. It;s just common sense not be to flashing such a device in public people.

22. yode macrumors 6502

Are you insinuating that anyone who carries a knife uses it to stab 16 year old choir boys because they won't fight? I said carry a knife for self-defense, not for attacking kids.

PS: I was being facetious at first, but your post made me angry

23. MacMalv macrumors regular

what i was insinuating was that someone who does carry a knife must be intending to use it, or why would you carry it. If you pulled a knife on someone you would be arrested and charged with intent (even if you didn't pull it out and you were randomly searched, you would be arrested).
    People who carry knives are mindless thugs, who have no respect for life.

24. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

im 6'2 250lbs. Let them come.
    I would be worried about a snatch and run though. im fast but not that fast. I have often thought of getting some plain earbuds.

I bet a stolen 3g will be worth its weight in gold. I know they will have some form of remote wipe. I wonder if they will have some sort of remote bricking? I would love to be able to fry that stolen iphone. Or even better, GPS tracking!

25. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm hoping that they can activate a stun gun with about 50,000 volts, and just watch them do the chicken until the police & paramedics arrive! LOL :p