Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
The AWUltra looks so cool....on other people. I can't imagine wearing that behemoth. I also like to sleep with my watch on and I've heard it's a bit uncomfortable due to it's size and weight.
I've been sleeping with it since I got it in January and it's been fine.

Well aside from the fact Ive smacked my phone with it a few times and put some scratches on the screen and now screen protector 🥲

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

Jimmy Bubbles

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Nashville, TN
I've been sleeping with it since I got it in January and it's been fine.

Well aside from the fact Ive smacked my phone with it a few times and put some scratches on the screen and now screen protector 🥲
Is there a new watch-to-phone tap feature I’m not aware of? 🤣

I fall asleep in mine often. I wouldn’t consider the weight to be any heavier than my previous stainless steel S6.

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
I hope you can turn it totally off. It's just another thing to cause spurious activity on my watch.

It's hard to do a double tap if you have no thumb, but the watch will find a way to activate something when I don't want it to anyway, I have confidence.

midkay

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
The AWUltra looks so cool....on other people. I can't imagine wearing that behemoth. I also like to sleep with my watch on and I've heard it's a bit uncomfortable due to it's size and weight.
I've been wearing it for almost a year, sleep with it every night & have no issue with it!

Reactions: jpaterson69

Cobra Kai

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2022
I might be in the minority, but I think WatchOS10 is a step backwards. I would much rather have my side button go to a dock of my favorite apps instead of control center. (Double pressing the crown is an app switcher not your favorites) I never use control center so it basically removed a whole button fuction. I have an Apple Watch

Also, the majority of my watch apps don’t have widget support so I can’t use that as my most used apps either. I just think the OS is worse in every way and don’t care about the double tap stuff.

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Thats still no excuse.

Guys! Let's put 2 and 2 together! This feature is primarily for the Apple Vision Pro Headset which does not really launch until 2024! It will be able to detect a double tap when your hands are outside of its camera's range!

Reactions: PsykX

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Guys! Let's put 2 and 2 together! This feature is primarily for the Apple Vision Pro Headset which does not really launch until 2024! It will be able to detect a double tap when your hands are outside of its camera's range!
More likely, because this feature was present before in Accessibility Settings AFAIK, but it has been perfected for Apple Vision and brought back to the Watch.

Did they just think it was a cool thing to bring it on the Watch, or will they use it outside of the camera range as you said ? Maybe both ! Because let's admit it, there's nothing new really, with Series 9, so they kinda needed something...

Debauch

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2013
I can’t believe the comments on here saying this feature already exists. No it doesn’t. There’s that similar one but that’s called double pinch. One is pinch and one is tap … and … yeah … these are not the droids you’re looking for.

jhwalker

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2011
It's really not, at all. I noticed it was larger than my earlier Apple Watch for about 5 minutes, then never again.

Reactions: bbfc

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Does it work if you use the middle finger instead of the index finger to tap the thumb? For some that would be more natural and less prone to repetitive stress.

• Haha
Reactions: wilhoitm

Diamond Dog

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2018
Honestly the whole "shipping in an update later this year" thing has gotten out of control. It's now CORE features that they highlight as one of (if not THE) main reason to get X product, and it still isn't available on release. Really dumb.

Reactions: jwilson25

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Am I the only one cannot get this to work on my Series 7 watch? No wonder Apple needs a new chip just for this feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.