WatchOS 3 beta updates over?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pedrowerner, Aug 29, 2016.

1. pedrowerner macrumors regular

pedrowerner

Hello, I've been wondering if the WatchOS 3 beta updates are over since beta 6

2. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

I just downloaded B8 yesterday.

3. john991 macrumors 6502a

Looks like it might be. Latest watchOS is beta 6.

4. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Heh. WatchOS, not MacOS :)

Updates are posted here guys: https://developer.apple.com/news/

8 days to the Apple event - pretty sure they'll launch the GA code then (with or without watch 2) rather than the Mac event in October. Only reason we should get another one is if someone finds a big bug they need us to test before.

5. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

Oh D*mn! Sorry about that. Yes iOS Beta 8 no addition Watch OS beta.

6. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Beta 6 has been super stable for me. No hiccups. WatchOS 3 rocks! I don't have much to complain about now. What will i do with my free time?!!

7. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

watchOS b6 seems solid for everything I've used it for so far. Battery life is solid. Only one spontaneous reset in the weeks that I've been using it and it was under a specific condition (I think I was force touching in Workout or some app).

8. Zcott macrumors 68020

Seems done, and battery life is incredible. Hats off to the watchOS guys :)

9. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I'm most impressed with the heart rate monitor. Again today, while golfing and swearing up a storm, I never lost the heart rate once. I checked many times and never had the "measuring" or blank. It was always working and adjusting as I walked or waited for my turn to hit. Battery burn is back to 10-11% per hour while running Workout/Other.

IMG_8253.PNG

10. paulove macrumors newbie

I have only one issue on the latest beta, the microphone is dead. Siri does not hear me and Hey Siri is not working.

11. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Works for me.

12. doerrmann macrumors member

What app are you showing in your post? Thanks!

13. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Exercise Pulse.

14. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

Im having a problem downloading watch update. Iphone I go to the beta page and download the profile for watch on my phone which is running ios10. It asks to reboot the watch and it does. Then I can't find anyway to actually update the watch. Am I missing something?

15. doerrmann macrumors member

Thanks!
    --- Post Merged, Aug 31, 2016 ---
    You need to download the watchOS Beta Software Profile in addition to the iOS Beta Software Profile. The watchOS profile is not part of the public beta, and is available through the developer portal as the only official source. Unofficial sources may be available...

With both of these profiles on your AW and the latest iOS Beta installed on your iPhone, you can then check for software updates in the Watch app and you should see the Watch beta available.

16. paulove macrumors newbie

I solved the issue, it was a blocked microphone not a problem with watchOS as I first thought.

17. tommyd75 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue, I thought it was hardware. There's no way to downgrade right?

18. tommyd75 macrumors newbie

How did you clean it?

19. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Well what options do you have? Blow firmly into it, or wash the watch with handwarm water.

20. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I workout hard and have showered with mine on over 500 times. Never had even a hint of sticky Digital Crown or impaired mic or speaker.

21. tommyd75 macrumors newbie

Yup, tried that and it still doesn't work. I guess I'll have to send it back for repair.

22. paulove macrumors newbie

I used a thin metal wire, and carefully scraped out whatever was blocking the microphone. I did not see anything, but it worked.

Be careful, there is a chance you can do break something.

23. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

You really shouldn't be sticking any wires into the ports of your AW. You can easily puncture the membranes covering them (which contribute to AW's water resistance) or even damage the component behind it.

If you want to clean your microphone port, run the watch under slow pouring water and use a brush (similar to a toothbrush - something with soft bristles) to scrub back and forth across the surface of the port, with the water helping to clear any particulates you loosen from the port.

Don't use anything other than just water as well.

24. pdaholic macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

Some of us secrete molasses from our pores, obviously.