WatchOS4 totally ruined the Watch for me !! what the hell apple !!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fatmom, Sep 13, 2017.

1. zero hectic macrumors member

2. moderngamenewb macrumors 6502

I would love to use the updated heart rate info, but don't want to lose my option to view music on from my phone on my watch, because it's so convenient to do so at work. If I had the 3rd Apple Watch, which has a larger hard drive for music, then it wouldn't be an issue. However, I have series 1 (which I got a couple months ago), so it's more convenient the old way

3. PegasusTenma, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017

PegasusTenma macrumors regular

PegasusTenma

That is incredibly stupid, it was a great feature to have.

4. tcellguy macrumors member

Any idea why there hasn't been more coverage on this? Prior to upgrading to watchOS 4 I didn't see this loss of feature reported on by any of the major sites.

I've left feedback, but it's really hard to know if they read any of those emails.

Somewhat foreboding is the fact that many apple watch owners with whom I've spoken didn't know the feature existed in the first place.

5. Danyeltinajero macrumors newbie

Danyeltinajero

Till now i found this soulution. It’s an app that give you access to your playlists, albums and you can control your music from your Apple Watch.

I am one of those people who use a lot this function from the watch.

Hope can help.

http://seequax.com/albums/

6. Sword86 macrumors regular

This is a deal killer for me.
    Couldn't I just keep the S2 and never do the update? I'm assuming the S3 comes with OS4 installed, right?
    How about, if you have an S3, could you not unpair the watch from the phone and play all your library from your phone to headphones? (like you didn't have a watch) You'd lose control from the watch but at least you'd have access to every thing in your library. Seeing and controlling my library from my wrist was why I got a watch in the first place.
    S

7. Sword86 macrumors regular

Just cancelled my order for an S3. Now I have to decide whether or not to keep the S2.

8. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

This is a ridiculously expensive app! $23 AUD! And I assume you can control music playback stored in that app instead of iTunes music library.

9. tcellguy macrumors member

There’s a Lite version for free. It only works with non DRM files. albums! Works with Apple Music files. They are both much slower than the native watchOS 3 app though.

10. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

I got an email message to a change.org petition to have the feature restored and Apple has agreed.

11. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

It’s nice to have the feature back.

Didn’t realize how much useful it is to have... they even implemented AirPlay support with it too. I have two Libratone Zipps that I had to AirPlay... and it’s nice to be able to stream music to the speakers from the Apple Watch.

I recommend to buy some AirPlay speakers... it comes in handy with this new update. I’m just anxiously waiting until AirPlay 2 is supported.