way worse after update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xploit, Jul 16, 2010.

1. xploit macrumors regular

I updated my iphone yesterday afternoon and as soon as I got to my apartment I could see that it's performance was degraded. I had made phone calls in my bedroom before the update and now the other person could not hear me and the call was dropped. WTF?

X-

2. xploit thread starter macrumors regular

and bluetooth

Not only that but I have a unit in my car called PCM that allows for comm between iphone and car speakers through bluetooth. Anyway after the update my car has trouble finding the iPhone. It use to find it immediately and now I have to fiddle with getting connected. I am really disappointed.

X-

3. headcheese macrumors regular

I hate to say it but it's all in your head. I had horrible service with my 3G in my bedroom, but was able to hold a phone call with my ip4 with 3 bars before the update. Updated yesterday and while it now shows only 1 bar there is no discernible difference in the quality of the call.

Maybe it was just a fluke? If you saved your blobs you could always go back :)

4. xploit thread starter macrumors regular

uhh no

IN MY HEAD?

I can assure you I did not imagine 4 different calls that the other party could not hear me. I can also tell you that I updated at my office and as soon as I got into my car I could see that bluetooth was not communicating. This was the first time it ever happened.

X-

5. gco212 macrumors 6502

The update didn't change anything with how the calls are handled, it only changed how the bars are displayed. It's either all in your head or it's a coincidence.

6. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

The post above is right. They didn't change anything besides the bars. If you're having new issues now, try doing a restore.

7. flash3d macrumors newbie

So you are told. Personally, I'm not sure what to believe from Apple anymore.

8. xploit thread starter macrumors regular

WOW. The users on this forum have also DEGRADED. I have had every iPhone and I have lived and worked in the same place during this time. I am more than able to tell the difference between a coincidence and an actual change. You on the other hand are NOT qualified to make such a statement regarding the nature of my complaint nor the effects that the update may have had. NEXT

X-

9. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Dude relax. It's possible something got corrupted when you did the update but nothing was changed besides the cosmetic look of the signal bars! As previously stated, try doing a clean restore and see if you still have the issue. I'm sure you won't.

10. moony1234 macrumors member

Guys, come on, get real?

None of you actually know what is in the updated iOS.

Lets not forget that they also updated the modem firmware, who knows what is included within that alone?

You can't say "they just changed the bars". You may as well join the gang of people who think there is no issue at all with the antenna despite people, including myself, having never dropped a single call in the past 4 years on previous iPhones and are now dropping multiple calls per day.

Don't be in denial folks. Apple are not perfection.

11. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

Hard reset/Restore - did you try these first?

12. xploit thread starter macrumors regular

SERIOUS THANKS!

YES I am amazed that people can make such statements. At this point even if the reply had come from Steve Jobs I would find it dubious.

Yes I

13. essvee macrumors newbie

Of course it got worse. It gives you an ACCURATE display of the bars.

The press conference is in the next bit, perhaps you should wait till they shed some light on all the problems?

So quick to complain. Try living in Canada, where retina displays are nothing but a myth... I'll trade you? Then you can enjoy better reception, and I'll enjoy the other 1200 things that are better in iPhone 4.

14. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

If Apple tried fixing anything else they would have publicized that in the update. The iPhone 4 has been a PR nightmare. You don't think if they were taking steps to rectify the situation they would let it be known?! Come on!

15. headcheese macrumors regular

I do know one thing, they DID NOT update the baseband. If they had then maybe I could see that you could have some issues with calls that you didn't have before.

Before you come here all willy nilly saying that 4.0.1 messed up your calls/device you should probably try some of the things mentioned in this thread (restore, redownloading the update and reinstalling, etc.)

I'm not calling you a liar, but the odds of the update (especially since they didn't update the baseband) causing WORSE call quality are about the same odds that Apple is going to announce a recall today :rolleyes:

16. xploit thread starter macrumors regular

NEXT

17. littledigger macrumors regular

littledigger

Mines way better, and faster too with downloads by increase of 2mb

18. essvee macrumors newbie

This guys is a joke.

NEXT is right. Next thread -- Cause this one is effing useless, and so is the poster.

Wait... Should I have put that all in caps? I don't know if my statement was LOUD enough...

19. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

This thread should be "Nexted." You haven't even tried the recommended solutions to fix the problem yet you keep telling everyone they're wrong. Come back when you're actually looking for a solution instead of a forum just to vent and complain.

20. xploit thread starter macrumors regular

Shouldn't you be on perezhilton ?

21. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

nothing has changed except what your service REALLY is. the 4.0 was just an illusion. 4.0.1 is showing your true bars

22. percept macrumors newbie

...except he's not complaining about the bars...he's complaining about the decreased recpetion via cut outs and dropped calls. pretty sure he didn't mention anything about bars. read much?

23. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

It's clear the OP doesn't care about a solution and is just trying to make noise. If he wanted a solution he would try the recommended fixes.

24. essvee macrumors newbie

I'm offended.

Return it and get an Android. Simple.

25. xploit thread starter macrumors regular

Relax

The thread was started to see if anyone else had similar issues. This forum has become a place for a bunch of insecure insignificant and most of all defensive people to feel good about nothing.

I have had nothing but good things to say about my iPhone 4 but after this update I have had issues. THAT is ALL. Get a life. I got a genius bar appointment today and YES I have already tried those basic remedies you bonehead.

X-