We need to boycott the new iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by flyguy206, Sep 9, 2009.

1. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

We should have a camera. It is a slap in our face to give the nano one but not the touch.

2. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

Exactly! And the iPod touch has more uses for a camera. Apple is losing all the sales from potential upgraders.

3. RareEarthMetal macrumors member

RareEarthMetal

I hate apple.

i don't mean that.

grrr, yes i do!

*sigh* im just going to settle. 32gb ipod touch im on my depressed way towards you.

4. EmeraldICE macrumors member

Exactly.
    Sending video through email, upload to youtube, etc.
    I was planning on laying down $400 for the upgrade to 64gb today.
    Not anymore.

5. JohnnyMac1 macrumors newbie

I'm way pissed. I can't believe the nano gets a camera,radio,pedometer.
    Touch gets... What was it again? Oh yea nothing basicly.
    Wrote apple a feedback complaint which I think We all should do

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

No we dont. Trust me.
    Oh, and if you think Apple will be affected by your grand total of 5 boycotts, you're mistaken. But yeah, they'll totally change their mind if you send feedback.

CRAP!
    MACRUMORS WANTS A CAMERA ON THE IPOD TOUCH WE HAVENT RELEASED, NEVER SAID WE WILL RELEASE, AND NEVER PROMISED.

Keep at it guys, you'll wear 'em down. :rolleyes:

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

8. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Exactly,apple isn't getting any of my money now.I was going for the 32GB if it had at least a camera,I even had a potental buyer for my 8Gb 1st gen,oh well,I'm holding onto it now.

9. chriszzz macrumors 6502

Why do you feel like you are entitled to a camera in an iPod touch? If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. But don't feel like they owe you anything.

10. 1283956 macrumors newbie

becuase these new updates are not much, even though a camera is lame i dun understand y they coun'ldnt put it in;

it was probally to be put in next year to drive sales,

no point upgrading for me

11. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Was going for a 16GB touch, which they don't have, so I would have jumped the gun for the 32GB. Not saying the touch sucks, but the iPod nano is looking so great, and so much less $$. FM Radio, with RDS, Pause, Rewind, and iTunes tagging?! Awesome IMHO! Yay!! I <3 107.7 The End :D

12. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Sold 8GB iPod touch 2nd Gen in anticipation of $300 32GB iPod touch w/ video camera. Will be ordering a 16GB iPod nano w/ video camera from Amazon and buying a Verizon iPhone next Summer when they are (hopefully) released.

The new iPod nano is impressive; Nike+, Pedometer, Mic, FM Tuner and Video Camera, not to mention the extremely compact design. A winner all around!

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No we don't. Yes it's a kick in the teeth giving the smallest screen iPod all these fancy features and not adding anything new to the iPod Touch. But what the hell. Just don't buy it. We all know it's the next addition to the iPod Touch whenever that may be so wait until then.

14. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Im boycotting tuna.

Wait, isnt this the day we all boycott something for no reason at all?

15. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I bet by boycotting the touch, Apple's share will tumble at LEAST 50% by the end of trading today! :rolleyes:

I really don't understand why people set themselves up for these expecatations and when its not met, they cry boycott. I think Apple would be thrilled at NOT taking your money. And I'm the last person on earth to praise Apple.

16. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

+1 by me.The exact same thoughts.

You're right. I remember people saying the same stuff when the 3GS went out. Now,everyone has a 3GS...

17. RareEarthMetal macrumors member

RareEarthMetal

If I had a watergun I would squirt the people who don't understand the awsomeness a camera would bring in the face and in the ear canal.

Sorry, im frustrated.

18. bldmn macrumors member

Frustrated

Apple, you are the company that BRAGS that you don't need to do market research.

APPLE, DO YOUR MARKET RESEARCH.

IF you don't know that Touch users were clammering for a camera, you don't know your customer base.

If you're simply scared that iPod Touch users won't buy an iPhone if they've got a camera, then STOP SELLING THE FRICKIN TOUCH AND MOVE ON.

Either way, STOP TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH DISRESPECT.

19. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Back to School

I passed up the Back to School free ipod touch deal bc I thought that the new ones would have cameras. Oh well, maybe I'll get a 16GB Nano in a couple of months.

20. Wayne s macrumors regular

I must be the lucky one then, Apple have saved me some money today.
    I would have upgraded my touch if the new one had some great new features but now I will take comfort in the fact that I do not need to give any more to Apple for now.

21. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

I never understood the cannibalizing sales thing. People are going to buy what they perceive is the best thing is over time. So just make something as functional as you want and over time it'll win you more repeat customers, grow your market share, just as well as over analyzing everything and intentionally leaving out features here and there, etc.

They should be fully invested in making the touch/iphone as great as they can. That is the price of success. Everyone's a critic, esp. me. But the days of Apple being an underdog in anything are long gone. They can't play that card in my book anymore. Even in their core business, computers, they are not underdogs by any means. Have you seen a college campus? A full 40% of computers are mac, and that's 40% of laptops going to one company. Windows is maybe 60%, but that's split among hp, dell, lenovo, etc.

22. bbydon macrumors 6502a

I'm assuming its related to the product malfunction rumor they had and will just be delayed.

23. Konz macrumors regular

Perfect motivation to buy a Zune HD.

Also, the nano doesn't even take still photos... wtf?

24. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

I doubt Apple reads these forums. Which means they barely listen to customers.

25. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

You guys do understand MacRumors is a microcosm, correct?
    You do know what a microcosm is, correct?