Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
This week’s contest is Workspace. Where you work, what you work with, work on or work in.
I am grateful to be able to work in this stressful time. I know there are many who cannot.

You can be as creative as you’d like.

8FEDE759-B33C-4139-B802-F13B0B721143.jpeg

Standard rules and disclaimers:

Follow all relevant local laws regarding stay-at-home orders. If you can't go outside, try and take a photo at home or grab one from the archives.

· Do not comment, vote, react or click “like” on images prior to the winners being announced.

· The photographs must be your own work.

· You may only submit one photo per contest.

· This contest runs for one week. If in doubt, check the dates in the title.

· At the end of the week, The Judge will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.

· If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline, then last week's 2nd place has to step in. 3rd place takes over should 2nd place be similarly unable to officiate.

· The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create a new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

· Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
This week’s contest is Workspace. Where you work, what you work with, work on or work in.
I am grateful to be able to work in this stressful time. I know there are many who cannot.

You can be as creative as you’d like.

View attachment 945616

Standard rules and disclaimers:

Follow all relevant local laws regarding stay-at-home orders. If you can't go outside, try and take a photo at home or grab one from the archives.

· Do not comment, vote, react or click “like” on images prior to the winners being announced.

· The photographs must be your own work.

· You may only submit one photo per contest.

· This contest runs for one week. If in doubt, check the dates in the title.

· At the end of the week, The Judge will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.

· If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline, then last week's 2nd place has to step in. 3rd place takes over should 2nd place be similarly unable to officiate.

· The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create a new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

· Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

I think everybody uses those same red Rubbermaid containers to take their lunch to work.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
I also no longer work, but here's a shot from one of my various roles in the job I had for over 40 years - X-Ray scanning shipping containers for contraband...

Sony RX100, on a misty January late shift in Tilbury Docks.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Birds need to eat lunch too.

Breakfast....lunch....dinner...three or four snacks in-between..... Ack, these guys are eating me out of house and home!!! From the looks of it when I’ve tried counting the gang when most of them are on the deck all at once, I’m feeding about 21 or 22 sparrows. AIEEEEEE!!!! Last week when I went to the grocery store I bought two five-pound packages of wild bird seed, figuring that this should do us nicely for a while.....and now, not even a week later I am seeing that my next trip to the store had better be sooner rather than later and that maybe I should buy THREE five-pound packages of wild bird seed..... AAAAGGGHH!!!!

Ah, but this is more than a wee bit OTT for this thread.... Apologies to Stillcrazyman, the host of this week’s competition, and to everyone.....

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Breakfast....lunch....dinner...three or four snacks in-between..... Ack, these guys are eating me out of house and home!!! From the looks of it when I’ve tried counting the gang when most of them are on the deck all at once, I’m feeding about 21 or 22 sparrows. AIEEEEEE!!!! Last week when I went to the grocery store I bought two five-pound packages of wild bird seed, figuring that this should do us nicely for a while.....and now, not even a week later I am seeing that my next trip to the store had better be sooner rather than later and that maybe I should buy THREE five-pound packages of wild bird seed..... AAAAGGGHH!!!!

Ah, but this is more than a wee bit OTT for this thread.... Apologies to Stillcrazyman, the host of this week’s competition, and to everyone.....

Are you sure your little buddy isn't sharing the bounty?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Are you sure your little buddy isn't sharing the bounty?

Ah, right, I forgot to mention that indeed Smaug and his fellow squirrel whom I've nicknamed "Mr Nervous" indeed also do partake of the wild bird seed that I've placed in the wooden tray, while ALSO dining on the sunflower seeds that I've provided for them in the orange plastic tray...... Both of them are greedy little guys! The sparrows also seem to experiment with the sunflower seeds too, cracking them open if they can manage to do so, but for the most part the sparrows stick to the wild birdseed in the wooden tray..... and they usually are the ones who consume most of it, as I've noticed while glancing out at everybody while sitting in here at the computer, where I can easily see through the sliding glass door and/or the screen door.....

Heh, actually I should take a photo of the deck, which really has become more a "workspace" than anything else, as these days it seems as though I'm always out there either sweeping up the cracked shells and stray seeds or replenishing one or both trays..... LOL!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.