Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I have an odd fear of heights. As in, I do not really have a fear of heights...just being at height and having it move under me. I can stand at the window of a very tall building, no problem. I stood on the glass floor in the CN tower in Toronto, which is well over 1000 feet up, no problem. But even working on a 25' manlift, I'll freak out if it shifts while I'm up.

For anyone afraid of heights...have fun with this video. Just watching this makes my balls shrink.

The only other things would be snakes and spiders. Uuuuuuuugggh.

Reactions: Sword86

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
I am scared of the thought of being scared of the thought of having a phobia.

And also of repetition.

I make funny I joke I joke

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Did she elaborate? Was it the way it looked or felt? They're furry and have all those seeds. I can see how it might freak some people out.

I didn't know there was a name for it until another of these sorts of threads appeared a while back but google trypophobia and see if the photos make any of you uneasy. It makes my skin crawl.

I don't think she liked the hairs on them? That's all we could get out of her!

Trypophobia. Funny that should be mentioned... my girlfriend has a friend who had to stop being a scrub nurse because of that very fear, also hates lotus seed pods!
Doesn't bother me though. I love a Cadbury Crunchie!

Wet seaweed. I really don't like touching it or walking on it at the beach.
Same :(

For anyone afraid of heights...have fun with this video. Just watching this makes my balls shrink.
When that first showed up ages ago I couldn't watch it. Made my hands go sweaty!

KOZOK

macrumors member
May 2, 2011
I have a phobia that the viewpoints of the jackasses on this forum may actually somewhat represented in the real world as well.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
... For anyone afraid of heights...have fun with this video. Just watching this makes my balls shrink. ...

Wow. What those engineers clip onto seems wholly inadequate in the event of a slip. And what is with those sadistic spikes?

Bridges over water.

Driving? Walking? Just the sight of them?

The only trouble I have with that is that no matter how ill-advised, the urge to jump or throw something valuable off (my phone, my keys, etc) is intensely difficult to resist. A few times I have jumped. Not a phobia but I suppose it's an "issue"... and annoying one because I live in the London docklands and I cross bridges over water all the time. For the record I have no desire to hurt myself so I'm not sure what the hell it's about.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
The only trouble I have with that is that no matter how ill-advised, the urge to jump or throw something valuable off (my phone, my keys, etc) is intensely difficult to resist. A few times I have jumped. Not a phobia but I suppose it's an "issue"... and annoying one because I live in the London docklands and I cross bridges over water all the time. For the record I have no desire to hurt myself so I'm not sure what the hell it's about.

This...this is what I feel.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I have some intense dislikes (Brussels sprouts, black eyed peas, Dr. Pepper) and a few OCD-isms (I can't put an stamp on an envelope right side up and I have to take eggrolls at the Chinese buffet in pairs), but nothing that's a true phobia.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I have some intense dislikes (Brussels sprouts, black eyed peas, Dr. Pepper) and a few OCD-isms (I can't put an stamp on an envelope right side up and I have to take eggrolls at the Chinese buffet in pairs), but nothing that's a true phobia.

Next time I'm out there I'm going to get Chinese with you all and ensure that you can only grab one egg roll. :D

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i'm afraid of dying in a horrific plane crash. thankfully, it hasn't stopped me from actually flying anywhere, but i always hate doing it.

Reactions: ouimetnick

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
i'm afraid of dying in a horrific plane crash. thankfully, it hasn't stopped me from actually flying anywhere, but i always hate doing it.

I have a friend who has recurring nightmares about a plane breaking in two mid-air, quite like Oceanic flight 815 (LOST reference). She is terrified of planes crashing like that. Whenever she sees a plane, she basically ducks and gets in cover.

tjsdaname

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
cedar rapids IA
no actual phobias....

I just don't like venomous snakes... I am fine with non venomous snakes.. I guess that does not count lol because I don't know anyone who likes venomous snakes :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.