Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raist3001

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2012
Right behind you
No one asks you to care about this guy; that's completely off the point to say so. But his evaluation about the notch is another matter, and I think he is right about his evaluation regarding the lack of a good and aestetic UI.

Who are the industry experts he always talks about that agree with him? Never gives us those names so we can check his sources. Seems odd doesn't it? He is one man with an opinion. His opinion is neither wrong nor right. One thing for sure is that he has a bitter personality with an axe to grind with apple.

Reactions: aevan and apolloa

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I don't think you are in the minority at all
I believe the vast majority of those who own the iPhone X see the notch as a total non-issue

Tech bloggers who need something to rant about to drive traffic and Forum junkies are a very small sample size compared to the true user base

Testing an X (and an 8+) I find the notch to be an annoyance but not detrimentally so. Far more impacting to me is the heavily rounded corners. The rounded corners, slim width, plus the notch results in either a compressed view for games/videos/app/web pages or a cropped view. Not heavily noticeable until you are using the 8+ and X side by side. It is readily apparent then.

sn0warmy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Denver, CO
Honestly, as someone who primarily prefers Android (specifically the Nexus/Pixel line) and just recently picked up an iPhone X to try out, I have to say that Chris Pirillo sounds like a whiny b**** who just likes to hear himself complain. The iPhone X definitely has issues but nothing to the drastic extent of which Chris Pirillo is babbling about.

I initially stopped watching his video as soon as he said he hadn't even used an iPhone X at the point of making this obnoxiously long video, ranting about it. But I decided to go back and watch the rest later. Yes, he has a couple valid points. But his video really could have been 3 minutes long. Not 40.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Honestly, as someone who primarily prefers Android (specifically the Nexus/Pixel line) and just recently picked up an iPhone X to try out, I have to say that Chris Pirillo sounds like a whiny b**** who just likes to hear himself complain. The iPhone X definitely has issues but nothing to the drastic extent of which Chris Pirillo is babbling about.

I initially stopped watching his video as soon as he said he hadn't even used an iPhone X at the point of making this obnoxiously long video, ranting about it. But I decided to go back and watch the rest later. Yes, he has a couple valid points. But his video really could have been 3 minutes long. Not 40.

I can’t believe he called his daughter ‘Jedi’... poor girl.. and it gets a bit annoying with the number if videos she’s in, like unboxing ones where he actually doesn’t unbox anything in a way you can see. I’m not subbed to him, just watch his videos sometimes.

WhatTheFox

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2013
Man! That guy talks a LOT but says very little. And who the hell pays him (super chat) for ranting? Weird times ...

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’m surprised this thread is even still relevant, considering it started back in September 2017 and we are discussing one person‘s opinion based off the millions of others who might have opposing opinion to his. It doesn’t mean its factual, it means is debatable based off someone else’s experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.