We'll know by tomorrow....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HiFiGuy528, Oct 6, 2008.

1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

We should get confirmation/notice from Apple tomorrow if there will be an event on Oct. 14th. I am surprised that there are no actual MacBook photo leaks yet. Remember the Nano in its retail packaging photo? That came to light four days before the event.

[​IMG]

2. enochpeng macrumors regular

3. elpenguino macrumors member

Hopefully the lack of photos (or fakes thereof) isn't a sign that the 14th is the wrong date. But I kinda like not having leaks. Makes the events more interesting. The iPod thing was boring because we all knew what was coming and what it looked like.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Agreed.
    We knew just about every new feature they added to the iPod refresh.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Apple should release it on the 16th to make all the people waiting go:
    [​IMG]

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Ditto that. :D

7. David G. macrumors 65816

Right down to the iTunes visualizer.

8. Logos327 macrumors 6502

I agree, but I would like at least confirmation of an event and that it will include the MBP :). The closer we get the 14th with more MB rumors and no mention of MBP worries me.

9. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Keep in mind, no invite tomorrow means only that there will most likely not be an event. It doesn't preclude a silent launch. Remember, the MacBook had no launch event, it just showed up on Apple.com one morning.

In short: If there is no news tomorrow, nobody freak out too badly, plx.

10. Logos327 macrumors 6502

I'll try :)

11. MacsBestFriend macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

Since we know for a fact that the macbooks are in the US, would you count on them being in stock at local Apple Stores on the 14th? I was going to go down to the apple store a hour away from my home after school that day and I want to know they will be stock. If not, I will be so ticked off.....:mad:

But tomorrow will be unbearable waiting through school and checking MacRumors in study hall!:D

12. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I must have missed that - how do we know new ones are in the US?

13. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

I hate to be "that guy" but I really don't know so...

If there is going to be an announcement tomorrow, at about what time during the day should we expect apple to actually announce it by?

14. Logos327 macrumors 6502

We don't (sadly). There are rumors they are being passed around at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, California)

15. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Cant wait!

Jesus, its exciting aint it. I actually think making us wait and hope like this makes it better

what you guys think

X:apple::apple::apple:

16. Logos327 macrumors 6502

It won't be an announcement. An invite for an event (announcement) would most likely go out tomorrow morning-ish.

17. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

There is no way Apple will totally revised the MacBook line without an event.

18. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

My personal view on this is,

If this is a big major release of a new macbook

New look and all that business.

I'm sure there will be a keynote.

If it was just a spec or what not update, there would not be one

19. -kumar- macrumors member

haha me too :)

its a total redesign tho, and this whole brick thing, with them being able to make a casing out of 1 brick of aluminum, they would want to get the credit for that accomplishment...

they will defs do a keynote/event....i just hope its really soon
    come on apple..

20. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

there has never been an event for macbooks. Only time I remember is when they introduced the MBA a new class. Other then that nope not even when they went from ibook to macbook. And the Macbook was a major redesign over the ibook.

21. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

Im just glad I stopped waiting...

I've been enjoying my MBP for close to 6 months since people were swearing new models would be release "any Tuesday now".

Stop waiting and buy something!!

:D

22. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Just curious why on earth you would come to this site then? Seriously, why not just drop by Apple's website and be surprised then? Sounds like you'd probably enjoy it more that way.

23. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

You guys saying there has to be an event don't get it. Apple rarely has an event for revising notebooks. As mentioned the time they got rid of iBooks and brought the MacBook in there was NO event.
    If there is an even announced tomorrow then we have reason to worry...it might be about the TV box.

24. Logos327 macrumors 6502

Don't say definitely :). We all know apple could easily go without an event. It wouldn't be out of character that is for sure.

No need to jump on the guy. Rumors spark interest, speculation, and discussion. Leaks leave little room for anything. Think of it like a Christmas present. If you snoop in your parents closet and find your presents, you know what they got you. It takes all the fun out of Christmas morning. But if you catch your parents dropping hints, it only makes you more excited.

25. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I wasn't jumping on the guy, just an honest question. I've been hearing the same thing from a few people here who complain about how leaks ruin the event (which is fair) but then I wonder why visit this site? Its all about hoping for leaks.