Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Keepin' my Plus. Can't EVER see myself going smaller now that I'm used to this beauty.

:apple:

Exactly. Used the 6 since launch for 5 days. Returned it and kept the 6+. Love it. Love the fact it never has to hit the charger during the day. Battery life amazing. Big display is a definite +

yoak

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
I got my 6+ today. I have been worrying a lot about the size.
It feels a bit too big. I have a bit of s problem reaching the a key when writing one handed, but I'm writing this one handed quite easily. I have quite small hands so I'm used to use my pinky to rest the iPhone.
I'm comming from a 4, so the upgrade is huge. I still have a week to decide if I'm keeping it.
Love the screen and battery.
I'm on 59% now after a full days use, ( oops jus dropped the phone into my lap) even an hour of navigon GPs use. That's really a different leauge.
I haven't hold the 6 yet, so I'm curious to have it feels.
I have no problem putting this phone in my pocket, and as a European I wear quite skinny trousers ;-)

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
I also switched from a 6 plus to a 6.

And now Im using a 5 after returning my 6 to go back to a plus.

A lot of it has to do with my new job, but there's a piece inside of me that knew the plus was better.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I remember this as well. It's a shame really.

The net peaked when it was only brilliant people on Usenet in 1992. It's been a downhill slide since then and will only get worse.

Now keep your hands off my jingles you perv!!!!!

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2005
I still have a few days to decide myself. I have the 6+ and last night got to spend some real time with the 6 that my friend got. We held them side by side and watched videos and Facebook etc. I see hers as a true phone that also happens to allow one to get some other work or play done that requires surfing the net, for somewhat shorter amounts of time due to smaller screen and battery life (yet still reasonable amount of time). I imagine it fits in most pockets in a case 99% of the time. I see mine as a device for getting that work and play done primarily - like an iPad - and much more comfortably than a 'true phone' and for longer periods of time (both for comfort and battery), and which also happens to allow one to make phone calls and fit in rear pockets 95-99% of the time with a case - so much more portable than an iPad.

So when I think of it as my "getting stuff done" device (while at kids' extra-curricular activities and waiting rooms etc or even just not always choosing to lug out the bigger and heavier device or get my lazy butt up the stairs to grab something like my laptop), I like it more. When I think of it as just a phone that you shouldn't have to remember is there most of the time until you need it...and good for emergencies and also a good reminder in an odd way to spend less time on stupid screens and live more and put more value in spending time with the real people right in front of you because life is short, I like it less!!! #

LS1

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2007
I had a 6 plus and gave it a week to see if I could get used to it. I ended up trading it for a 6, but I do really miss the larger screen. The 6 plus really just doesn't seem practical for me tho, maybe for some people it's fine. I really wish Apple had just made a phone with a 5.0-5.2 inch screen. That seems like the sweet spot.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
OP - Aren't you also the one claiming all over the place that the Plus will have 2gb Ram and insisting 'you'll see I'm right' (even after some other blogs/posts/tests showed 1) incessantly then disappeared when it was proven not to have?

rans0m00

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
I have been getting a good laugh about the whole 6 and 6+ thing... Just use the 6 for a little bit and get used to the larger phone and then play with a 6+ and it will feel even more natural.

The tiny screens on iphones have us thinking the 6+ is really that much larger etc... I looked at the 6+ and just thought so much wasted space at the top and bottom with the large bezel. Maybe next time they will come out with something that has the borders closer to an LG g3 and then we can have our large screens and not such a large device.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Yeah - I've always wondered why Apple had such large bezels compared to ALL other smartphones on the market.. Make the phone smaller - with a bigger screen.. Seems like a no-brainer to me..

bwsteg

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Queens NY
This thread was made to help him justify the switch and make himself feel better however in reality, deep down inside his heart he wishes he still had the 6plus.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
These forums. These forums used to be so great at some point.

Since the 6/6+'s have been released, there has been a rapid deterioration of any real quality. I posted two threads regarding real issues...and both threads got buried within minutes with "iPhone 6 bent" & "which color did you get" threads...

...amazing. Oh well.

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Yes, another thread about the 6 switch. However, I have a deep dark secret.

When the plus first came out, I was all over it. Battery life, features, functionality, more ppi. And I trolled the dog crap out of these boards with threads like "The iphone 6 plus is way better, cmon guys" And numerous threads saying how the plus just beat the 6 in functionality etc etc.

Well, I guess karma repaid me, because I actually got my hands on my 6 plus, and was just heartbroken. It was just waaay to big. Also, im a guy who likes to keep his phone in his pocket for convenience sake. And I don't want to worry about if I am "sitting down" too hard or fast.

It was wasn't conducive to a carefree pocket toting experience.

So there you have it guys, your resident 6 plus troll has been forced to make the switch to the 6 -- and I couldn't be more happy.

Sorry all my 6'ers! I was wrong all along, we have the best phone now!

EDIT. just kidding. we all have the best phones. the 6 and the 6 plus are the best!

And yet another thread created on "Why I switched from iphone A to iphone B". You couldn't have just put this in one of the other 30+ threads?

I do find it amazing how many of you dismiss being able to put it in your pocket for fear of bending when you probably have not even tried it or you had it for a day and gave up. Did none of you try out the feeling of a note 3 before ordering the 6+? I find the 6+ fits in all my pockets just fine without any issues and even with a Supcase unicorn Beatle case on it.

But to each their own. If you find the smaller phone better for your uses, so be it. Not knocking it at all. Just amazed at how people respond to something they have not experienced or even tried.

Over two week 6+ owner with no issues and still loving my phone.

Last edited:

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
And yet another thread created on "Why I switched from iphone A to iphone B". You couldn't have just put this in one of the other 30+ threads?

I do find it amazing how many of you dismiss being able to put it in your pocket for fear of bending when you probably have not even tried it or you had it for a day and gave up. Did none of you try out the feeling of a note 3 before ordering the 6+? I find the 6+ fits in all my pockets just fine without any issues and even with a Supcase unicorn Beatle case on it.

But to each their own. If you find the smaller phone better for your uses, so be it. My knocking it at all. Just amazed at how people respond to something they have not experienced or even tried.

I DID try it for 2 weeks. and it was too unwieldy in 75% of my situations. Just general in and out of pocket use was very cumbersome. Its a great phone, and for media consumption purposes its probably the greatest phone on the market. But for a guy with a kid, and bringing my phone in and out of a gym etc...It wasn't for me. I am not attacking your decision. There are still people who are determining which phone is best for them, and this helps in that regard. peace.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here

But to each their own. If you find the smaller phone better for your uses, so be it. My knocking it at all. Just amazed at how people respond to something they have not experienced or even tried.

Tried the plus and found it silly big and I also have a G3. Returned it for the 64gb 6 because if you are in anyway an active person then your plus will bend. Maybe not right away but sooner or later it's going to bend and then you will have a 800$ bent phone. Do I want to be stuck with a huge bent phone? Nope.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I got my 6+ today. I have been worrying a lot about the size.
It feels a bit too big. I have a bit of s problem reaching the a key when writing one handed, but I'm writing this one handed quite easily. I have quite small hands so I'm used to use my pinky to rest the iPhone.
I'm comming from a 4, so the upgrade is huge. I still have a week to decide if I'm keeping it.
Love the screen and battery.
I'm on 59% now after a full days use, ( oops jus dropped the phone into my lap) even an hour of navigon GPs use. That's really a different leauge.
I haven't hold the 6 yet, so I'm curious to have it feels.
I have no problem putting this phone in my pocket, and as a European I wear quite skinny trousers ;-)

Give yourself a week. I was sure I would return my 6+ when I opened the box on the 19th and 4 days later I knew I would never give it up, especially when I went to store and compared with 6. Your muscle memory has to adjust. The larger, nicer screen and better battery are totally worth any other compromises, not to mention the camera.

----------

Tried the plus and found it silly big and I also have a G3. Returned it for the 64gb 6 because if you are in anyway an active person then your plus will bend. Maybe not right away but sooner or later it's going to bend and then you will have a 800$ bent phone. Do I want to be stuck with a huge bent phone? Nope.

This is BS. I have dropped my phone, carried it in pockets, driven and sat with it in back pocket numerous times and my phone is perfect. I'm an active person and I have it in the leather case, not some Otterbox monstrosity.

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012

Active person. Oh, you mean like someone that works out 1-2 times a day, parent of two small kids, husband, soccer games to video, military member, meetings to go to, etc, etc...??? As for active I have about an hour of free time to myself each day. My Plus usually last me all day and I usually go to bed with about 49-50% battery left.

Yeah, I so see my Plus bending sometime in the next 1-2 years that I will have it before upgrading. Mine is typically in a case anyway (currently in a Supcase Unicorn Beatle full protection case with holster) so I a not really worried about it. Closed my pool with it in my from pocket the entire time while listening to music on my BT headphones. Lots of bending and squating. Been the same for the last two weeks as well but in a Spigen Thin Fit case. AMAZING!!!!!!!! Plus is still flat as a board.

As I said many times in other threads, and believe me there are too many already, if you take care of it you will be fine. If you are a dumbass, well, you get what you deserve.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Agreed… The whole argument about the 6+ and it bending is just complete nonsense. I don't use the 6+ because it's too damn big for me to easily work with one hand operation. The only debate worth having between the 6 and the 6+ is--> Is your hand big enough to control that monstrosity. If not get a 6. That's what I did. The 6+ was just a monster in my hand and never felt right for a moment. But it has nothing at all to do with back pocket bending. It just makes me laugh when I hear people talk about that worry. It's such a big zero worry.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I got the plus on launch day and loved the screen and battery but it was just not for me. It was too inconvenient to carry or try to extract from my pants pocket on the train when sitting. I don't care about the bending issue because I think its a non-issue. It also felt heavy and when I exchanged to the 6 I could not be happier. It feels like the perfect size in your hand and is very easy to carry. I like the 6 plus but it was just not for me. Whatever you have enjoy it because these phones are brilliant!

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I won't rub it in, and I'm glad you're happy with your current choice.

My only hope is that those on both sides who were jumping all over each other and being jerks about which phone was "best for everyone" just MIGHT actually carry this over to the next time they're thinking about doing the same thing. And hopefully they might actually remember that everyone has their own needs and opinions, and that we can all make different choices and be happy. :cool:

And also, your last statement is still not correct. We don't have "the best phone now". We have the best phone FOR US.

Lol this is hilarious. Just learn never ever judge a device before you get your paws on it

----------

Can't EVER see myself going smaller now that I'm used to this beauty.

That's what she said ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.