What a sexy car


iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Just out of interest... what is it?

Looks a bit Probish... but with different headlights? :confused:
 

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
13,521
2,557
Sod off
iGav said:
Just out of interest... what is it?

Looks a bit Probish... but with different headlights? :confused:
Escort ZX2, basically an escort coupe that survived the death of the original escort by 3 or four years. I believe it is dead now.

Ford was selling these super cheap for a while after the Focus came out.
 

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
Yeah, its a 2001 ZX2. Ford started production of the Escort ZX2 in 1998, dropped the escort label in 2001 (the regular escorts died in 2000) and now it is the ZX2. 2003 was the last year of production for the ZX2. Nice sporty little car with the ever popular 2.0 zetec motor. And I think it is a very nice little car with lots of taste compared to civics, caveliers and neons...which is what I see all day on campus :rolleyes:
 

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
9,170
2
cheekyspanky said:
I've seen sexier.. :p

And where's this sexy party at..? (Cue Benny Hill music....)
The party follows me! :p


regarding car:
I wish I had a ride.. in general.. Bla! No ride for me!
 

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
1,304
2
Yea, I wouldn't exactly call a Ford Escort or what ever that is sexy. I would say it is almost as sexy as a minivan. :)

American cars suck! :) ;)

(no offense to anyone here)


(no that is not my car, I wouldn't be caught dead in one)
 

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
22,407
0
VA
So you wash and wax it then drive it on to a gravel/dirt lot?!?!

Is this your first car? And with those pics, I'm actually surprised no one has said anything that's would get reported..... ;)

D
 

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
Hey, what's the matter with the pics? And who is so anal that they won't drive a car on dirt? I live in maine, its going to happen. And no, its my 3rd vehicle actually. I just really like it. For those of you that don't, I don't care. I think that for a cheap econo-box it really sets the standards quite high. 0-60 in 8 seconds, 33mpg and I love the way it looks. Show me a bone stock sephia that will do 0-60 in 8 seconds.
 

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
1,304
2
markjones05 said:
I love my Jeep
I have to say I really like jeeps, that is the older ones. I hate the liberty and the grand cherokee. They are trying to modernize the old style of jeeps but it is not working.

I saw the new Commander at a fair. Its ok, a little ugly on the outside, poorly designed rear seating, but I would rate it a 8 out of 10 in American SUVs.
-----
w_parietti22 said:
We all know where to find you.... In a Land Rover.
Thats Right! Land Rovers are the best and you know it.
 

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
935
0
Brooklyn, NY
EJBasile said:
I have to say I really like jeeps, that is the older ones. I hate the liberty and the grand cherokee. They are trying to modernize the old style of jeeps but it is not working.

I saw the new Commander at a fair. Its ok, a little ugly on the outside, poorly designed rear seating, but I would rate it a 8 out of 10 in American SUVs.
-----

Thats Right! Land Rovers are the best and you know it.

I like the Liberty, its a cross between the wrangler and the cherokee. Great small SUV. Plus anything that has "Trail Rated" stamped on the side is alright with me.
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,570
0
joecool85 said:
Hey, what's the matter with the pics? And who is so anal that they won't drive a car on dirt? I live in maine, its going to happen. And no, its my 3rd vehicle actually. I just really like it. For those of you that don't, I don't care. I think that for a cheap econo-box it really sets the standards quite high. 0-60 in 8 seconds, 33mpg and I love the way it looks. Show me a bone stock sephia that will do 0-60 in 8 seconds.
Don't take it personally joecool85. If the people here didn't like you they would be posting in your thread. I think the care looks very nice, good job with the wash and wax. The most important thing is that you love and enjoy the car. ;)
 

173080

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
409
1
EJBasile said:
American cars suck! :) ;)
I have to agree with you on that one.

I can't think of a single American or Japanese car I'd like to have.

The Europeans on the other hand really know how to make great automobiles. :D
 

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
1,152
0
Michigan
The color is kind of ugly. But who am I to judge? My white Taurus looks like a rolling refrigerator. Although my previous car ('93 Villager, also white) looked even more like a rolling refigerator. :p It figures I'd buy 2 cars in a row (for myself-not my wife) that had the same color inside AND outside. Doh!!

Just kidding. The car looks nice. :)
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,641
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
EJBasile said:
I have to say I really like jeeps, that is the older ones. I hate the liberty and the grand cherokee. They are trying to modernize the old style of jeeps but it is not working.
I liked the look of the boxy Cherokee a lot, too, personally...and the Wrangler is definitely very classic. :)