Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simm0nS777

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Northeast Ohio
Sure youve heard of it but Bite SMS is awesome

Also,

Markthatmessage - time stamps every text

Folder Enhancer - put as many icons as you want in folders

Snap Tap - Use volume buttons to take pictures

Infini Dock - can scroll your dock just like your homepage. I have my main dock with phone, SMS, Safari, Camera and iPod then to the left I have my 5 most used web pages and to the right I have 3 folders (I hate looking at folders on my homescreen) settings, and cydia

Safari Page Closer - close all tabs at once

Gridlock - put icons wherever you want

Weather Icon - shows live weather in apples weather icon

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
Sure youve heard of it but Bite SMS is awesome

Also,

Markthatmessage - time stamps every text

Folder Enhancer - put as many icons as you want in folders

Snap Tap - Use volume buttons to take pictures

Infini Dock - can scroll your dock just like your homepage. I have my main dock with phone, SMS, Safari, Camera and iPod then to the left I have my 5 most used web pages and to the right I have 3 folders (I hate looking at folders on my homescreen) settings, and cydia

Safari Page Closer - close all tabs at once

Gridlock - put icons wherever you want

Weather Icon - shows live weather in apples weather icon

is gridlock or weather icon paid or free?

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
All of these are free:
  • CyDelete
    - Why should I have to open slow Cydia, wait for it to download packages, reload, etc just to delete a Cydia app? That and it deletes apps just the way regular apps delete. Maintains consistency.
  • FolderCloser
    - Close folders after you launch an app. Get this if it annoys you that when you close an app you're taken back to the folder instead of the homescreen.
  • iRetiner (new)
    - Make your blurry non retina display icons retina display icons. It works wonderfully (apparently it uses the high res iTunes app art for this).
  • NoAccessorySplash iOS4
    - Turn those DAMN "This Accessory Not Supported" notifications off!
  • No Bookmarks
    - If you close Safari with no open pages (ie a blank one) the next time you open safari you get a delay as your bookmarks come up. This stops bookmarks from showing.
  • Open Notifier (new)
    - Gives you notifications on the status bar next to the battery (Mail, Facebook, SMS, voicemail, any app you choose). It can be completely customized and works really well for a 1.0 release.
  • Retinasizer
    - Runs some opengl games that aren't updated for the retina display to run in retina resolution (sonic 4 looks gorgeous)
  • SwitcherMod
    - Allows you to see what apps are actually running in the background (or are at least in memory), hide apps not running and drag them off the multitasking switcher (like dragging off the dock in OS X) instead of using the red minus sign.

Last edited:

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
Might try Google and search here on this one we have discussed it a least once or twice! :rolleyes:
I've seen some of those but most of them I still already know. I am looking just for some helpful apps (especially maybe some ones that just came out) to have. Like wifipass is one that I found that I havnt heard talked about on any forums but is very helpful.

Last edited:

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
Retinasizer
- Runs some opengl games that aren't updated for the retina display to run in retina resolution (sonic 4 looks gorgeous)

didnt know of this, thanks!

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
Seeing that not everyone explore every little tweak that hits Cydia (and the fact that there's power outage and I can't work right now) here's a list of recent gems I installed.

CallLock - manually, automatically (or via proximity sensor) exit to lockscreen as soon as you place or answer a call, no more accidental hangups. $0.99

Fast Copy - no more lag waiting for the copy/past/select all etc. menu to appear. Free

iControl - Manage BT, wifi, 3G and 2G radios automatically. E.g auto disable 3G when you're on Wifi etc. Perfect for us with poor reception in the office/home where there's Wifi . $4.99

Pull To Refresh for Mail - does what it says on the tin. Free

ShakeToUndoKiller - does what it says on the tin. Free

StayOpened - keep AppStore open even after you've selected something for download. Now, if Apple could implement a queuing system that would be neat. Free

Enjoy

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
I'd have to toss in:

Lockinfo - $8 w/14day free trial
SBRotator4 - $2
BiteSMS - $9 but on sale for $6.80 till X-mas.

I hear iRealSMS is good too but never tried it. Those are my most useful apps. I use them day in and out. I cant tell how much easier life has been with them. And the devs for all 3 of those apps are good and work well with eachother to make sure everything is compataible. I get loads more use out of these then anything out of the AppStore.

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
This is not a new app but I don't hear people talk about it much who is calling. It is like a caller id when a landline phone calls you. It has a free trial but I think it is 12 dollars after the trial. I love it so much I purchased before the trial was up. It works great even for text messages and it does outgoing calls also. :)

jmack549

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2007
This is not a new app but I don't hear people talk about it much who is calling. It is like a caller id when a landline phone calls you. It has a free trial but I think it is 12 dollars after the trial. I love it so much I purchased before the trial was up. It works great even for text messages and it does outgoing calls also. :)

The app is called "Who is calling"? I can't find it anywhere.

latafairam

macrumors member
May 7, 2008
Uk
I'd have to toss in:

BiteSMS - $9 but on sale for $6.80 till X-mas.

I hear iRealSMS is good too but never tried it. Those are my most useful apps. I use them day in and out. I cant tell how much easier life has been with them. And the devs for all 3 of those apps are good and work well with eachother to make sure everything is compataible. I get loads more use out of these then anything out of the AppStore.

I checked the prices for this:
$5.10 for 50 SMS . WTF?

I currently pay att $5 for 200 SMS, How is BiteSMS better?

milamber

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
I love haptic pro!

I originally came from a blackberry so anything to improve the feel of the iPhone keyboard is a great plus for me.

Definitely my most used tweak!

Works amazing on iPhone 4 as you can adjust the feel works good but less great on iPhone 3G

BurntReality

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Tyler, TX
$5.10 for 50 SMS . WTF?

BiteSMS has 2 options.
1. Use your AT&T text plan
2. Use BiteSMS Credits

If you already have an AT&T plan then sending messages will be used out of that plan.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
$5.10 for 50 SMS . WTF?

Well, let's say, that you only send 50 SMS in a year, using BIte you only pay $5.10, on AT&T you would have paid $60. BiteSMS credit don't expire, AT&T charge you $5 if you send 1 or if you send 199.

Second, if you have friend on other countries, AT&T charge you $.25 per SMS (send and received) and they don't count on your SMS plan. so if you send 50 SMS to anyone outside the US you will pay $12.50 in top of your SMS plan of $5 (total $17.5), with Bite,,,you Only pay $5

It is not for everyone, but it is an option

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
UAfaker is a must have. I can't stand most sites in mobile form.

Barrel is pretty cool too.

jmack549

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2007
I know the author, he's very responsive and puts out updates, including new regions all the time - so go ahead and shell out for it =)

Thanks. Pretty cool so far, but it's gotten both numbers I've tried wrong...showed the company owners name instead of the company.

Also, it keeps telling me it's a trial version, even though I bought it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.