What are the 2011 MacBook Pro Rumors?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jpcanaverde, Jan 14, 2011.

1. jpcanaverde macrumors member

Hi.

I was planning to buy a MacBook Pro soon, but then a friend of mine advised me to wait, because the new MBPs could launch in February 2011. I researched a bit and saw news about the Sandy Bridge, and that maybe the new MBPs would have it.

I also saw that the last generation of the MBPs was launched in April 2010, so 10 months after (I think it's the Apple cycle time) is February, so my friend may be right.

But what I wanna ask, are there any rumors about this that I missed? I am so anxious for having my MBP... I really wanted to know the lastest rumors, and when Apple may announce them.

Please don't answer thing's like "Only Steve Jobs knows", I'm just asking for rumors that I might have missed.

Thanks. :D

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

There are literally hundreds of threads about this on the forum, so I'm sure you could find plenty of information if you search.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I haven't seen any reliable rumors about MBPs. Industry seems to be stuck with iToys so Macs get less attention which affects the rumors as well (usually rumors come from factory workers but in this case, they would try to get info about iPad instead as it pays better)

4. jpcanaverde thread starter macrumors member

Okay, thanks. They say the iPad 2 could possibly lauch in February, along with the new MBPs. I just have to wait and see now...

Can't wait. :D Any tips for my future Mac? :p

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Searching is the only way to satisfy your question ... Nobody would know about rumors "you may have missed" :cool:

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If you listen to the nonsense spewed out on this forum then the MBP will have the following charactaristics:

Quad Core
    Light/Copper Peak
    Thinner
    Longer Battery Life
    Blu-Ray
    SSD with 256 no 512 GB standard.
    Removed Optical drive (yes, that's right. No optical drive AND a Blu-Ray drive. Both. At the same time. It's what the people want.)
    IPS hi res panel
    1 Gb GPU option w/ SLI (of course)

Did I mention the price drop? No? Well, that's supposed to be there too.

7. dpru macrumors newbie

Should we resurrect the ol' "I'm waiting for Sandy Bridge!" thread which followed briefly after the "I'm waiting for Arrandale!" threads?

8. bossmanjunior macrumors member

bossmanjunior

someone should start a date/time of release thread. i say 3-1 11 a.m.

9. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

Please Wait

New notebooks will be announced in the next couple of months, which isn't that long to wait. You'll kick yourself if you buy now.;)

10. jpcanaverde thread starter macrumors member

11. thirty7alpha macrumors member

thirty7alpha

!Speculation Alert!

I don't know which is more amusing: 1) the wild and rampant speculation about when and what will occur with 2011 MBP refresh or 2) the irritation that is caused to people in this forum from 1).

Sure it's only speculation/rumor/myth, but isn't that what makes it fun? No one knows, so we might as well guess. Most everyone here is passionate about Apple products, so why do we need to throw cold water on those poor souls who dare to post in the forum without having searched every prior thread. :D

If iPad 2 is coming out in April, will the MBP refresh jump the shark and come out before then? I'd love to think so, but I'm afraid we'll be waiting until May-ish. :confused:

12. 8000rpm macrumors regular

I am laptopless and would have jumped on a sandy mbp in a heartbeat. Realistically I am afraid apple wasn't happy with intel that they introduced the quad core before the dual core sandy bridge. My guess is in the meantime they focus on the little garbage and the when the duals appear the Mbps will have them. Just a big guess.

What I WANT to see is:

I7-2820
    4gb ram 1600mhz
    128 gb sss standard
    19x1200
    Better than 330m gpu even if it's slightly.
    My credit card being charged sooner rather than later.

13. old-wiz macrumors G3

You forgot the solar powered cover for much longer battery life.

14. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

you forgot the bigger screen rumors >20"
    ;)

15. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

lol

16. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Don't forget the retina display.

20" screen at 300dpi.

17. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

20"'s a good start.

Why not make it a 27"!

18. caats19 macrumors newbie

my current 2ghz macbook is sporting a 19% battery health lol. I really hope they announce the new mbp's soon cause i am NOT in the mood to put any money into my oldie.

19. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

30" 300dpi fold out OLED screen. Or maybe holographic.

And a 20hr battery life.
    And an AI that flirts with you whenever you turn it on.

As of the "real" rumours, we've only got that the "low end" notebooks will have intel integrated graphics, and the high end notebooks will come with AMD GPUs. Then again, that same rumour said they would come with Lion, and we'd therefore have to wait until April... Yeah right.

20. miata macrumors 6502

Steve will pronounce that "instant on" is not fast enough. The new models will have a proximity sensor so that the thing turns on before you can even open it.

21. skiltrip macrumors 68030

There's a rumor that I'm considering getting one. That's the only one I know of that's been confirmed.

22. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Check this out guys!

The only real thing is that everyone is getting worked up over waiting so much that I think it is a little silly. Really, these laptops will last and be modern for years and just because an update is coming doesn't mean that you should put yourself through agony waiting if you need a computer. The current Unibody MacBook Pro is one of the, possibly the, best rated premium laptop available. I would argue it is THE BEST based on consumer reviews. What has been the case thus far is that no current laptop family has anywhere near as consistently high reviews throughout the entire product line as the MacBook Pro. Check it out!

Over 250 reviews have the 13 inch MacBook Pro at 4.9 out of 5 average making it the highest rated 13 inch laptop that Best Buy sells and it is the BEST rated premium computer that Best Buy has in their entire system!!! Despite using the older Core 2 Duo processor, it is still rated higher than the iX series PC's...actually it is rated higher by a landslide!!!

The 15 inch MacBook Pro happens to be the highest rated 15 inch that Best Buy sells-all configurations have a 4.6 out of 5 or higher

I couldn't leave the 17 inch out; rest assured it is also a winner!

Actually, out of about 50 computers, only 1 PC happened to rank as high as the numerous MacBook Pros. Everything else has mixed to terrible ratings. The MacBook Pro isn't just rated better; it is rated better by a moderate landslide

This is where the proof is and given all of the MacBook Pros are rated substantially higher than all but 1 PC, you can rest assured that extra money you spent has been well worth it. If this doesn't make you want to purchase a MacBook Pro, nothing will.

23. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

I'm sure it is the best consumer notebook available too. But I'm not interested in consumer reviews, as my needs, as are many people's on this forum, are somewhat higher than your normal consumer. Now, if some scientists and engineering professionals (which is who I am) were to do reviews, I expect the MBP wouldn't rank nearly as highly. It's a "fantastic" machine in everything but raw performance, where it only manages a solid "good".

24. Kalach macrumors member

Kalach

25. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

And I really hope for you guys that do need serious power get it. Indeed the MBP wouldn't be hurt to see some power boosting.