What are you fascinated by?

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
haha old ipods are cool. I still have my gold mini from 2004. it was my first apple product. I keep it plugged into my ihome and its used as a nightlight that way lol

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
History, I suppose. Trying to understand who we were, how did we become who we are, and where will the evolution take us.

Among other things, of course. :)

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
What a idea for thread nice!

For me

1. Women ( summer glau and olivia Wilde for a start :) )

2. Older macs. I love looking at the old service manuals, tinkering with old systems.

3. Watching People play guitars, particularly Lindsay Buckingham (fleetwood Mac) and Barry Gibb (Bee Gees) ( he is my hero) I could sit there and watch for hours watching these two play.

4 Computers in General, How they work, things you can do with them etc

5. Watching Shows like Man VS Wild, and Sir David Attenborough's documentarys.

6. Why in movies / tv shows they give aussies crap accents

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Cool things guys. @ toolbox, i am also fascinated how computers work. Its hard for me to grasp how some plastic and sillicone can do all this

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Savants fascinate me. I love watching documentaries involving them. It's crazy what the human brain is capable of. A notable savant died recently (Kim Peek) who was the inspiration for the film Rain Man.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
What a idea for thread nice!

For me

1. Women ( summer glau and olivia Wilde for a start :) )

2. Older macs. I love looking at the old service manuals, tinkering with old systems.

3. Watching People play guitars, particularly Lindsay Buckingham (fleetwood Mac) and Barry Gibb (Bee Gees) I could sit there and watch for hours watching these two play.

4 Computers in General, How they work, things you can do with them etc

5. Watching Shows like Man VS Wild, and Sir David Attenborough's documentarys.
Well, I had no idea who Summer Glau was, but now that I googled it...wow! :)

How about Holly Weber?

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
Savants fascinate me. I love watching documentaries involving them. It's crazy what the human brain is capable of. A notable savant died recently (Kim Peek) who was the inspiration for the film Rain Man.
Just checked it out: 19 Dec. What an interesting person. It is pretty amazing what makes people "tick", right? In his case, to be able to read the left page in a book with his left eye and the right page with his right eye, and then continue flipping the pages every 8 seconds or so until he was done with the book. Sheesh, I don't even know what to say. Amazing.

MotleyPete

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
Blighty
Science and the natural world. Wildlife, animals, evolution, that kind of thing. Reading about it and being amongst it. It never bores me, ever.

And books, generally. Science, philosophy and history. I love books.

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
A man over my own heart! I <3 Fleet wood Mac :)
Man he can sure play that guitar i never new who they were! until one day dad put on the dance and i was hooked ( that dvd got me through some tough times ), my parents went and watched them over in australia 3 weeks ago. Amazing

=Jaro65;9021292]Well, I had no idea who Summer Glau was, but now that I googled it...wow! :)

How about Holly Weber?
Never heard of her lol but will check her out. Summer is in Terminator Sarah Conner Chronicles.

That would indeed be interesting… :p
Soft and wobbly… and in a range of sizes. ;)
Yes Indeed another fascination!

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Man he can sure play that guitar i never new who they were! until one day dad put on the dance and i was hooked ( that dvd got me through some tough times ), my parents went and watched them over in australia 3 weeks ago. Amazing
I tried to go and see them at the O2 Arena but £120 a ticket was a bit steep for a uni student, and i should get the DVD - i have the album so can listen to it but its never quite the same

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Brilliant places made by nature (big, mountainous, lake filled areas)
Brilliant things made by man (Burj Dubai being the most recent).

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
1. Women... still somewhat of a mystery after all these years...
2. Ancient times... I'd love to know human history from say about 100,000 BC to now. Of course that is something unobtainable unless someone invents the iWayback machine.
3. Life in the universe... Someday we will know... until then...
4. Life after death... The ultimate question...

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Inventors / Entrepreneurs / Magnates: I like to hear how they came up with their idea and pieced it together and built their fortune. Read books about/by Rockefeller, Trump, Hearst, Carnegie and others.

The Human Body: Learning about it now and its amazing how much is not known.

Other people in general: I like talking to strangers and don't mind going out to bars / restaurants by myself and being friendly. Listening to their jobs and what they do is fascinating. So many people have jobs that make you say "I guess someone has to do that." Met many different people this way, from a guy who picks jurys for trials to trauma surgeon who was my twin; we met at an airport bar, our iphones sparked a conversation, then we left to walk the 5 gates to our planes. Same plane, seated right next to each other. We drank the whole way to Vegas, went to pay for drinks, we had the same wallet. Also each had the same 2nd wallet on us (in our bags). Odd circumstances.