What are your favorite MacRumor threads?

JohnApples

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
In honor of the iPhone's 10th birthday, I thought it'd be fun to go back and read some of the old threads that were created prior/during/directly after its release. My how times have changed!

It also got me thinking about a few other iPhone moments (the iPhone 4 leak, iPhone 5 "teardrop design", the 6 Plus not existing, etc) and the threads that accompanied those rumors. Now I really have an itch to dive into some nostalgia (and humor).

So, which old threads do you consider an entertaining read?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Coffee thread, beer and wine thread and possibly the cheese thread.
Ah, you read my mind, sir, you read my mind.

The coffee thread is a lovely thread, warm, welcoming, friendly and easy-going - and sometimes very interesting as some of those who post are genuine and passionate experts.

I am also partial to the wine and beer thread, which thankfully - are about sharing tales of pure pleasure and offering details of beverages that have been sipped, sampled, savoured and enjoyed.

And, the cheese thread: A lovely thread with great potential.

Re the threads that @mobilehaathi cited, yes, they are hysterically funny and instructively barmy.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Oh the memories!

Personally I spend my time split between the digital photography section (potd being a particular highlight), the community section and the privates.

I originally came on here as I was about to buy my first smart phone, the 3GS and wanted to see when the next one was out.
Ended up waiting and bought a 4 on launch day.
Now I'm a full Mac convert.
Had lots to learn when I came over to the light side.
Also various iPads and iPhones later, I'm glad I stayed. Not sure my bank balance is!

Reactions: mobilehaathi

JohnApples

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
Oh hell, I started reading these again. Highly recommended.
Oh man, I cannot believe I read through both entire threads, post by post. Very entertaining, though by the end it was obvious he was a troll seeing how far he could take his story!

A debate in PRSI over whether or not our planet is flat. People actually argued this: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-earth-is-flat.2038098/
Sadly, this is not surprising to me at all. You can't fix stupid, so debating with them is futile. Still fun to see the hoops they'll jump through to try and prove their point!