Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which browser with OSX?

• Total voters

epic-retouching

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2014
Are you sure you have the correct filter lists? I assure you I am using Adblock as downloaded from Apple's extension page with no other extensions installed. I don't see any blank pages and I definitely do not get a single ad on Youtube.com. Using Easylist and a custom one to remove those moronic EU cookie popups :mad:

'Adblock Plus' was the culprit for blank pages
'Adblock' is the culprit of not blocking youtube ads

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
Had to stop using Safari...after a while of using it it would cause my mac to freeze, sometimes for minutes. Very annoying, because I think Safari is a pretty elegant browser on mac.

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
'Adblock Plus' was the culprit for blank pages
'Adblock' is the culprit of not blocking youtube ads

Well I'm sorry it's not working for you. But ever since I switched back to Safari it's been fine. (Safari 7.0.3 and Adblock 2.6.30)
Only times I get ads seem to be occasionally on embedded videos which I can live with. What annoys me more is not being able to auto-hd youtube like I could in Firefox with a great little extension.

Drewski

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
Somewhere else
Had to stop using Safari...after a while of using it it would cause my mac to freeze, sometimes for minutes. Very annoying, because I think Safari is a pretty elegant browser on mac.

Same here. I've switched to other browsers in the past just to test the waters, but would come back to safari for the integration. I'd eventually get tired of safari's bugs and switch again. Because of that, I've sipped google's koolaid enough to appreciate what it offers. Safari's last bout of freezes and hang ups decided it for me.

Chrome (and the google suite) has been working very well for me.

hollandog

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2014
chrome for the syncing ability and google services.
only if it isn't such a battery hog on the mbp.

viizi

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
I use safari and VLC for youtube hehe. Sometimes I want to love FF because it is such a mature web browser and I also have a bit of nostalgia with it, using it on release way back in the day. I like the icon more than Safari icon too which is a comfort haha :D:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.