Carrier What carrier are you using ? And why ?

kid84

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2017
I live in Bay Area - California . And I am using Verizon , because Vzw have best coverage around and the speed are stable .

I used T Mobile before , and they are good with about speed , coverage but they are not stable , some time TMO show full bars but no data speed on it .

AT&T is worst , never get full signal and data is horrible slow .

Sprint : lol 2018 but still dont have VoLTE yet on iPhone ( you cant call and using data at the same time on Sprint ) , and they slow too.

So , what carrier are you using ? Where are your city ? And why ?

( Your comment should help alot of people in here )

Last edited:

ivantwilliams

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Currently, ATT. However, I would like to try T-Mobile, but, the missus isn't fond of change.
I am thinking of simply removing my number from the ATT, and moving ONLY my number to T-Mobile.

Well, time will tell...

macher

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2012
I live in Bay Area - California . And I am using Verizon , because Vzw have best coverage around and the speed are stable .

I used T Mobile before , and they are good with about speed , coverage but they are not stable , some time TMO show full bars but no data speed on it .

AT&T is worst , never get full signal and data is horrible slow .

Sprint : lol 2018 but still dont have VoLTE yet on iPhone ( you cant call and using data at the same time on Sprint ) , and they slow too.

So , what carrier are you using ? And why ?

( Your comment should help alot of people in here )
Been with AT&T for years and live in Philly. AT&T has been decent.

boast

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2007
Phoenix, USA
T-Mobile. Switched from Verizon when they had the 3 unlimited lines for $100 plus 20% employee discount. Since my parents don't use much data, the $10 discount each line winds up being a $60 a month bill.

Coverage has been meh, not anywhere near Verizon. But I'm hoping to get the iPhone XR and get improved signal.

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
AT&T. Service and coverage are solid where I live, play, work and travel. Plus I get perks when 'bundled' with DirecTV.

$35/month discount on DTV
Free HBO on DTV
Unlimited data on ATT Wireless
10GB/month tethered data on ATT Wireless
Free roaming in US, Canada and Mexico on ATT Wireless

Been with them since 2000.

Last edited:

Banglazed

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
T-Mobile with a unlimited family plan of 7 lines and each lines pays about $25-30 + whatever they want to add on their specific line or EIP. I think this is a better deal than most carriers. I live in the Bay Area too so the coverage is good for that price + Netflix and free on flight WiFi.

dooku77

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2014
T-Mobile. Military family plan only costs me 90 a month and they picked up my Netflix payments. Had att for years and I have more coverage now with T-Mobile.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
T-Mobile, three years now.

Left Sprint in 2015 because we could no longer make phone calls (call failure). T-Mobile had unlimited data and was about the same price. Verizon and AT&T did not have UD at the time and were far more expensive.

I now have double the amount of lines I had on Sprint and coverage and good signal/service everywhere. Sprint was a poor performer in all of the places I tend to be.

T-Mobile has improved coverage and speeds over the three years I've been here. We are not one of their 100+ markets but I average 18-70 down. Sprint used to give me 1-3 down - IF I had LTE at all. 3G on Sprint was unusable. Even T-Mobile's 4G is awesome as I get speeds between 10-12 on that.

Finally, T-Mobile is the only carrier that offers SyncUP Drive. Consequently, both of my cars have mobile WiFi. This means that my kids can use WiFi only devices in the car. One of these two lines is free and the devices were free.

I have zero intention of leaving T-Mobile at this time. I pay a decent price, get great coverage and decent speeds and the carrier keeps getting BETTER in my area over time and not worse. Extremely happy with all of that.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
T-mobile in Central Florida, and my Max has way better coverage than my 6 did. Friends house last night I had LTE, with the 6 prior I just had.... nothing. Not even edge.

Why? Price mainly, and it is what the bossman that pays had.

ET3SW

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2011
Houston, TX
Xfinity Mobile - $45 bucks a month for unlimited data (Up to 20gb) no line access fees or anything else. Just the $45 bucks a month. They operate on Verizons towers so speeds are awesome!

Reactions: uknation87

stafil

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Used to be with Verizon until they refused to waive the $30 upgrade fee. Now with ATT. Would love to be with T-mobile, but their coverage just sucks where I live.

Reactions: Jovijoker

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
We've been using AT&T since it was Cingular. By and large we are satisfied with it. The coverage (nationwide) is good, much better than Sprint was back in the day. I have no plans to change it, at the moment.

jjohnstonjr

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Was with T-Mobile but now with ATT. T-Mobile was awesome to me but there was times when my data was slow. They were amazing. Now that I’m a home owner, have Uverse and ATT it all makes sense financially.

Maggiep67

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Another happy T-Mobile customer! I made the switch from AT&T 2 years ago and am THRILLED we did so. We added 2 new phones when we switched and our bill was still almost $70.00 lower than AT&T (who did nothing to try and keep as a customer after 13 years with them).

When I made the decision to buy my Xs Max 256gb 2 weeks ago, I walked into my local store and was able to purchase the phone on the spot (They seem to be well stocked at all times). Love the crew at my local store, they bend over backwards to make their customers happy and we have excellent service in our area.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
AT&T for years with really good customer service at least I've never had a problem. I have DirecTV Now which I get over a hundred channels for $40 a month with free HBO, plus Amazon Music Unlimited is free. Then there is the add on WatchTV which is like 30 channels that if you stream it from your device doesn't eat into your data plan. AT&T calls is sponsored data. The final reason is for years AT&T was the only provider that really covered our rural areas well. Verizon is much better now and T-Mobile has no service in this area other than roaming off AT&T's towers and Sprint (unless you are on the main highway forget it). AT&T also purchased a local A cellular here called Centennial many years ago and they are the ones that really had the good rural coverage which AT&T assumed when they took them over. T-Mobile has service to the south and north of us, I guess one day they'll decide to add some towers, but I am not holding my breath. AT&T is rocking it!

Last edited:

Justanotherfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2018
My friend works at the AT&T call center and I’m on his plan...
2 iPhone SEs & an iPhone X on an unlimited plan w/ hotspot on all, & insurance on the X for $70 even a month.
Verizon has slightly better service here, but just the iPhone X by itself would be $80+, so it’s a no-brainer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.