What Carrier would you prefer the iPhone on?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wordoflife, Jul 23, 2009.

1. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

What Carrier would you prefer the iPhone on?

I would prefer Verizon because of their coverage but I don't like the fact they aren't GSM.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It doesn't really matter. If I could get a consistent 4-5 bars from any of those large carriers at my house, I would join them immediately. Outside of my house AT&T has been the best, from my experience...:(:(:(

5. sananda macrumors 68020

Well there's hardly any o2 reception at my house; any of the others would be better.

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

7. curly14 macrumors regular

curly14

Hey here’s a concept lets get all of them to merge and then we won't have anything to complain about...yeah right:D

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

+1. AT&T is great for me. Wouldn't mind it being on other carriers, just to not have to hear all the whining any more about Verizon, especially.

9. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

Before I had AT&T I had Verizon and wished Verizon would get the iPhone. Well, when the 3GS was announced, I decided to jump ship from Verizon and give AT&T a shot. I was afraid my reception would suffer since Verizon supposedly has better coverage in Massachusetts. Well, I have to say now that I am on AT&T I actually get better coverage in two spots where I would lose my calls on Verizon. I no longer find myself saying "lemme call ya back I'm about to lose coverage".

So I am fine with AT&T, as long as they give us MMS soon.

10. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

ATT is fine.

The majority of the people I know with that carrier don't like it.

"So why do you stay with it?" because: "It's cheap and no contract, I'll deal with the dropped calls!"

11. matttye macrumors 601

12. aristobrat macrumors G4

Sprint. They have good coverage and fast speeds out here, and it'd cost $20/month less to get unlimited data + texting.

13. smswetz macrumors newbie

I'd like it to stay on AT&T, mainly because my signifigant other is an RSM for them, and if they lose the iphone, I'm sure he'll lose a lot of commission haha.

But in all honesty, I've had their service for 2 years, and aside from a few blips here and there, it's great. I didn't have signal in my old apartment, but I was in a basement unit, so it's understandable. Their customer service has always been above par, especially in comparison to Sprint (which I had before)

14. tilmonabbott macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

around here metro pcs is horrible. I'm golden with At&t for now, never have issues with them.

15. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Heh, sometimes you gotta put up with the BS to save money. Im glad I can afford my AT&T contract. I'm happy with them, I just wish for a little bit better signal in my area, but all around, I'm happy.

16. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the hill."

However, I'd prefer Verizon because I had better service before I switched to AT&T.

17. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Seconded. They offer the best price and their network is great. Plus, their will be less network traffic. ;)

18. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

While I agree that 02 is perfect for me my actual answer to the question would be all.

That way my friends could get them or if I wanted to switch carriers for whatever reason I could still get an iPhone.

19. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

AT&T... have had Cingular/AT&T for 8 years now and other than a few minor service issues here and there, my experience has been stellar!

20. allymac macrumors member

I'd prefer T-mobile in the UK. Or like someone has already said - all operators then you could get the best deal and coverage.

21. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Verizon. AT&T's 3G network is an utter turd.

I still like the phone, but I can't help but think that Verizon would be better suited for such a data-centric device.

22. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

What do you mean you'd "prefer" if the iPhone was offered on Rogers?