What case are you preping for the 3GS ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Jun 10, 2009.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Just wondering what cases you guys are getting ready for the new phone. My 3g has the invisible shield on the back and screen shield on the front. I ordered a new set from zagg to have on hand for next friday.
    Do you all think a screen shield will be important this time around because the specs say that 3GS has some sort of coating on the screen ?
    Thanks

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

3. dr427 macrumors regular

dr427

Thanks for the suggestions. Best Skin Ever is way cheaper than Zagg's Invisible Shield.

I have the 2G and just ordered the 3G S. I was holding out for the 3 Gen. :cool:

4. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

I want a case that will not add much bulk to the case and for it to be smooth and plastic...i hate the rubber that hangs when I lift my phone from my pocket.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I just ordered the Zagg screen protector and the Incase Slider case. The slider is supposed to have a little grip, but not rubbery so it doesn't gets stuck in your pocket. Its also supposed to be relatively slim compared to most cases. I know I'll probably go through a new case every few months though because I'm ADD like that

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/cl59055/1

6. NightStorm macrumors 68000

7. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

The incase slider is my personal favorite. It is a slick plastic, but super resistant. I've tried several and I like this the best. It even has super low profile rubber sliders to prevent the case from scratching your phone.

8. hamzab macrumors 6502

InCase slider has been known to scratch phones....I would stay away from it.

Im personally going for the Invisible Shield, doesn't add any bulk and offers the best protection against scratches, Im also keeping it in my belt pouch that I have for my iPhone 3G as they're the same dimensions

9. YoungLew macrumors regular

10. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Does any ony currently use this one??
    How much thicker does it make the iPhone??
    All I am concerned with is covering the very scratch prone back. I want something thin but not silicone.

11. patnshan macrumors newbie

I like the look of the solo, but also want a belt clip that is either a pouch or one where the screen faces in. This one is designed to face out. That's my only problem.

Pat

12. NightStorm macrumors 68000

See, I told you it wasn't for everyone! :D

13. newConvert macrumors regular

14. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Im switching from the Speck Candy Shell to a new iSkin Solo (Red) for my 3GS. I like the way the Solo covers more of the bezel than the Candyshell.

I was hoping to get a blue Solo but to my surprise Target of all places had a big iSkin display in store and was carrying the Red so I figured to pick it up there and save shipping.

15. AlfaLavala macrumors regular

ugh I can't decide! and now I've stayed up all night looking at cases and reading reviews/vids.

16. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I love that I dont have to spend hundreds of dollars on cases/accessories. So I'm not prepping anything because I have a bunch of cases ready to go. Just need a new set of PS Crystal Film.

The Seidio Innocase II (black) is the case I love the most. Perfect fit, lined with felt to protect plastic casing, all with minimal difference in size to the device.

17. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

18. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

19. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

here was my review on the innocase II...it's the only case I plan on using again next friday

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=646909

20. patnshan macrumors newbie

I just ordered an iskin solo in black for me and an fx in blue for my wife. I ordered a generic leather belt case for $5 that should have room inside for the iphone and the iskin. I just decided to stop looking and go for it. I also got a set of best skins ever for each for added protection.

Pat

21. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I'll be going with another sgp case, love their simple and thin design.

22. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

IF i do decide to get bum raped by at&t and get the 3gs i will most definitely stick with my incase slider. It saved my 3G on two separate occasions.

23. pablo7 macrumors 6502

Going to go with either a Otter Box Impact Silicone, or a Incipio Silicrylic, I like gel type cases, I used to have a Incipio Dermashot on my 3g thin but did the job.:apple: