Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Just wondering what cases you guys are getting ready for the new phone. My 3g has the invisible shield on the back and screen shield on the front. I ordered a new set from zagg to have on hand for next friday.
Do you all think a screen shield will be important this time around because the specs say that 3GS has some sort of coating on the screen ?
Thanks

dr427

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Oklahoma City
Thanks for the suggestions. Best Skin Ever is way cheaper than Zagg's Invisible Shield.

I have the 2G and just ordered the 3G S. I was holding out for the 3 Gen. :cool:

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
I want a case that will not add much bulk to the case and for it to be smooth and plastic...i hate the rubber that hangs when I lift my phone from my pocket.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

eyefoniac

macrumors demi-god
Nov 21, 2008
Everywhere and nowhere
I want a case that will not add much bulk to the case and for it to be smooth and plastic...i hate the rubber that hangs when I lift my phone from my pocket.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

The incase slider is my personal favorite. It is a slick plastic, but super resistant. I've tried several and I like this the best. It even has super low profile rubber sliders to prevent the case from scratching your phone.

hamzab

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
The incase slider is my personal favorite. It is a slick plastic, but super resistant. I've tried several and I like this the best. It even has super low profile rubber sliders to prevent the case from scratching your phone.

InCase slider has been known to scratch phones....I would stay away from it.

Im personally going for the Invisible Shield, doesn't add any bulk and offers the best protection against scratches, Im also keeping it in my belt pouch that I have for my iPhone 3G as they're the same dimensions

patnshan

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
I like the look of the solo, but also want a belt clip that is either a pouch or one where the screen faces in. This one is designed to face out. That's my only problem.

Pat

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Im switching from the Speck Candy Shell to a new iSkin Solo (Red) for my 3GS. I like the way the Solo covers more of the bezel than the Candyshell.

I was hoping to get a blue Solo but to my surprise Target of all places had a big iSkin display in store and was carrying the Red so I figured to pick it up there and save shipping.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I love that I dont have to spend hundreds of dollars on cases/accessories. So I'm not prepping anything because I have a bunch of cases ready to go. Just need a new set of PS Crystal Film.

The Seidio Innocase II (black) is the case I love the most. Perfect fit, lined with felt to protect plastic casing, all with minimal difference in size to the device.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I looked and looked and I finally ordered the more noel collection package due to the great looks.

http://www.more-thing.com/noel-collection-incl-mirror-protector.html

I am having second thoughts now and think maybe I should went with the seido
Innocase II Surface or just a simple zagg shield but I suck at installing those.

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2374

any opinions on those choices?

here was my review on the innocase II...it's the only case I plan on using again next friday

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/646909/

patnshan

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
I just ordered an iskin solo in black for me and an fx in blue for my wife. I ordered a generic leather belt case for $5 that should have room inside for the iphone and the iskin. I just decided to stop looking and go for it. I also got a set of best skins ever for each for added protection.

Pat

pablo7

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
LOS ANGELES, CA.
Going to go with either a Otter Box Impact Silicone, or a Incipio Silicrylic, I like gel type cases, I used to have a Incipio Dermashot on my 3g thin but did the job.:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.