What case did you buy for new Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by BESLC, Mar 8, 2012.

1. BESLC macrumors regular

I thought it would be informative to know what case was purchased for the new Ipad, and your purchase considerations.

I personally just purchased the Otter Box Defender. On my first generation Ipad I was never completely confident of the protection my various cases offered.There were a couple of close calls where I held my breath that the Ipad survived being knocked off the bed or accidentally dropped.

This time around I made protection the first consideration. It looks like the Otter Box will offer excellent protection as well as function, and I think it is a pretty sharp looking case.

2. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

I'm still in the indecisive stage. I want to get a Smart Cover, but I want some protection for the back. The iFrogz Summit case and the Incipio Feather case are up there too. I'm just too indecisive when it comes to these things..:confused:

3. Emoo macrumors regular

I thought about a Portenzo, but worried a lot about longevity, so I preordered the STM Skinny. Found a coupon code for 20% off and made out a little cheaper than a Smart Cover, and for the new iPad they fixed the design flaws I really hated in the skinny for iPad 2. :D

4. Benz63amg macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

I dont like the texture of the Skinny, its a great case otherwise, i wont order that one though,

i really dont know which case to buy.

im have my eyes at the lexington from incipio really

5. Emoo macrumors regular

The lexington does look nice, but that loop on the back seems sort of obnoxiously large. I also wanted to try and stay away from dull colors, because I do that a lot but tend to regret it. XD Texture is a big thing though, if it doesn't feel right I can see why it'd be a terrible case to have.

6. CH34P3T macrumors regular

I have a Cyber Acoustics leather case. I loved it, and kept it after selling my iPad 2, so I'm hoping the iPad 3 will fit in this case so I don't have to buy another one specifically made for the iPad 3.

7. ECUpirate44, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

ZooGue. It's really a top notch case that not many people seem to have/know about.

8. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

Ordered Yoobao's executive leather folio case (V3) for the iPad 2 hoping that it will fit the new iPad. Looks like it should. I hope 0.6 mm doesn't totally make it unusable.

9. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I'm looking at the Skinny, too. I just can't decide if I want Mushroom or Black. I also hope it works with a front and back screen shield.

10. SunnyDay24 macrumors newbie

I was eyeing the Yoobao case, but saw this note on the Xengadget site.

"About the New iPad:
    This case is not designed and intended for the new Apple iPad. We are working with Yoobao to bring the leather for the new iPad. Please stay tuned.

We got words from Yoobao that this case can be used with the new iPad, but it's a little bit tighter, and the cutouts are off center a little bit. We do not recommend to use this case with the new iPad."

So there you have it. I suppose you could live with it being tighter and off-center, but I'm going to wait until they come out with a new version. It makes sense -- after all, there are screen protectors that are thicker than .6 mm (I think).

11. Emoo macrumors regular

The iLounge review of the original STM Skinny seems like it has at least a rear screen shield installed on that iPad, so I'd call it a safe bet. However, given how the new one has improved side coverage, I'd probably argue against using a rear one, because I don't think it covers any more than what the Skinny will already.

12. MaddyV macrumors newbie

Do you mind me asking where you ordered the skinny and where did you obtain the coupon? Thanks

13. volntitan macrumors 6502

I'm looking at the Bear Motion case. Simple folio type and only 24.95 on amazon. Not 100% sure though...

14. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

15. Emoo macrumors regular

I ordered the skinny from Radtech, and I found the coupon at retailmenot.com. I actually did a search on "STM Skinny coupon code" and got a few results from retailmenot. If you like, try the code: AUG2011. Might or might not work, but I posted it to another thread and it worked for another user.

16. str8bucs macrumors regular

Great find I was going to order one today glad I didn't......THANKS!!!!

17. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Good tip! Thanks.

18. ejisfun macrumors regular

iCarbons Back + Black Leather Smart Cover with iCarbons + Waterfield Ultimate SleeveCase

19. bwrairen macrumors 6502

Yep, found the same code. Worked for me.

20. glen e macrumors 68030

yup...me too...and wait and let the market settle in for a few months...

21. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I have a few options. I have a smart cover showing up first, and then, for a completely different look a Portenzo intellicover too. Also really like the look of the Targus slim. Doh, here I go again . . .

22. pdawg macrumors regular

Thank you. This coupon just worked for me too! Ordered the Mushroom one.