Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

What case, if any, will you be buying for your new iPhone 12 and why?

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
I am using the Apple white silicone on my Silver 12 Pro and I love it so far. So glad they closed the bottom. That’s what I hated about the ones for the X. I have several clear ones coming from Amazon as well as a Caudabe navy Sheath, Caudabe Lucid clear and Totallee clear. I plan on getting an Apple Leather in saddle brown once it’s released, but I have a feeling the Apple silicone will be my daily go-to. May look at picking up a red and/or navy later or for Christmas.

artfossil

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
I went with the monarch also in mallard blue for the upcoming pro max.

View attachment 973648 View attachment 973649
A bit much for me but I do like the looks of the Civilian series:

Reactions: ThaddeusToad

Teach8870

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2016
The two cases to get me through until Apple release their leather ones.

Olixar (advertised as genuine but definitely fake)leather in grey and the Ringke fusion Matte clear. Might just send the Olixar back now as the buttons are quite stiff.

I have sent a good eight cases back to Amazon already. View attachment 973158
Can you please post more pictures of the olixar case on your phone, especially the front?

GrumpyMom

macrumors G3
Sep 11, 2014
I’m going for the Product Red silicone case. Hopefully it has a good look with the blue.
It does. That’s what I have. It fits nicely and provides good grip. But I’ve got cats and cat hair sticks to it and so does lint. More so than on my 11 Pro silicone case. Maybe it just needs to smooth out a bit with handling.

posguy99

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
It does. That’s what I have. It fits nicely and provides good grip. But I’ve got cats and cat hair sticks to it and so does lint. More so than on my 11 Pro silicone case. Maybe it just needs to smooth out a bit with handling.
Apple insists on using that hair/dust magnet material, and has for years. If they think they're differentiating themselves, they're right, but it's for the wrong reasons.

Smin

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
Sorry to hear that about the Otterbox Symmetry, as I'm looking at the Pro Max version. Since my phone rarely leaves my house, it may be enough for me. :cool:

Tried the Otterbox Symmetry also. It's a nice case but slides on a table top. Buttons reacted decently.

I will be taking mine back (purchased from AT&T).

Reactions: artfossil

Robbosan

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2020

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
Every time I buy a new Apple Silicone case its basically a magnet for my dogs hair. Usually takes a few days to a week of handling and it smooths out.

Reactions: GrumpyMom

teecuptech

Contributor
Jul 18, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Well, my case is here. Now I just need an iPhone 12 Pro Max...

ubrn case.JPEG

Reactions: Pug72 and artfossil

Elmo1938

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
how about the Smart Battery case? I'll wait for the case to be announced before buying an Apple 12

scarrz

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2015
FYI, the Smartish KFG cases have adopted the same finger-groove edges that their GripZilla cases have. I ordered the KFG case for my new 12Pro (I use one on my X) and was surprised that it had the scalloped edges, although not nearly as pronounced as the GripZilla.

Edit: For anyone thinking about the GripZilla, be forewarned, I ordered one of those too, and Amazon is sending the one for the 12Pro Max instead of the 12Pro. Smartish must have provided them mis-marked stock, it says for 6.1" phone on the front but it's clearly for the larger phone when you measure it. Amazon is replacing it but I'm not holding my breath.
Did you get the Gripzilla, if so how are you liking it? Thx.

teecuptech

Contributor
Jul 18, 2020
Atlanta, GA
How does the UAG case feel in hand? Good grip and do the sides have any texture/grip?
Merely my opinion. When you first start using it, the case does feel rather slippery. After about a week or so (if not sooner), the case feels comfortable and non-slip.

As for the sides, there is a slight texture. But, not much to write home about, merely enough to 'feel' like you're holding something.

I hope this helps.

qvintus53

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2020
I bought the silicon case when I got my iPhone 12, but I didn’t like it, it is hard to get in and out of my pocket.
Bought the leather case today, like it a lot better.

Attachments

• 0AA70781-FB09-4EA8-B0B1-68F0CE10220B.jpeg
    0AA70781-FB09-4EA8-B0B1-68F0CE10220B.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 9B1AEAE4-C88E-44F2-90F4-6B1793A41A20.jpeg
    9B1AEAE4-C88E-44F2-90F4-6B1793A41A20.jpeg
    523 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Pug72 and scarrz

scarrz

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2015
I bought the silicon case when I got my iPhone 12, but I didn’t like it, it is hard to get in and out of my pocket.
Bought the leather case today, like it a lot better.
Didn't think leather cases were even being released till Nov 6th. Looks nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.