Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

What case, if any, will you be buying for your new iPhone 12 and why?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I usually buy a ton of cases but usually gravitate to using a plain white silicone case. I’m handing down my X to my grandson and had well over 20 cases. Many of them, he doesn’t want so they’ll be tossed. I feel bad that they were such a waste.

I’m trying to simplify this time around. I bought the Apple Silicone white case and a spare. I’m hoping to not get into the case buying mode.

I would love to go without a screen protector but usually after a few weeks, I get some surface scratches that drive me crazy. So I’ll end up putting on an ESR glass protector.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors 68040
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I usually buy a ton of cases but usually gravitate to using a plain white silicone case. I’m handing down my X to my grandson and had well over 20 cases. Many of them, he doesn’t want so they’ll be tossed. I feel bad that they were such a waste.

I’m trying to simplify this time around. I bought the Apple Silicone white case and a spare. I’m hoping to not get into the case buying mode.

I would love to go without a screen protector but usually after a few weeks, I get some surface scratches that drive me crazy. So I’ll end up putting on an ESR glass protector.

I usually buy a ton of cases as well and realized how much money I wasted. I’m only going to buy 4 cases this go around. 2 Apple silicon cases, 1 clear case and a Caseology case.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2011

Taz Mangus

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2011
I’m getting Apple care, a super thin case and screen protector. YOLO I’ll get a thick case if I am down to my last replacement lol

These are the thin clear cases I am considering. The ESR has a 2-year warranty and the Caudabe has a 1 year warranty.

lifeinabox

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2012
Couldn’t decide between the Spigen Hybrid or Liquid Crystal so I ordered both. Keeping my fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow to use with my phone.

1rottenapple

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2004
These are the thin clear cases I am considering. The ESR has a 2-year warranty and the Caudabe has a 1 year warranty.

I had esr before. It kinda loosened overtime. But I just threw it away.

1rottenapple

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2004

I find those material in the caudabe is slippery that my phone slips when getting into my car.

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
I may go for the Mous Clarity. The protection on Mous cases are exceptional, and the Clarity would let me actually see the back of my phone. According to their website, their cases are usable with MagSafe.

I have mous for my iphone X. I love it, protects extremely well.

Reactions: Supermallet

Supermallet

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2014
I have mous for my iphone X. I love it, protects extremely well.

I have the limitless on my 11 Pro now and it is indeed excellent, but a little bulky. It seems the clarity is less bulky, which is ideal. And now that the new phones have MagSafe, I don’t have to worry about adding magnets into the case (and to be honest I never had any use for any of the Mous magnetic accessories). I’m happy to pay less to toss features I don’t need.

greenbee

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2015
For me it Tech21 clear case. 3 years iPhone 8 still no yellow. I am getting one for iPhone 12 mini too.

I've been getting the tech21 eco clear every year and it doesn't yellow. I ordered one of those for the 12 pro and I ordered the otterbox figura from apple since I really wanted something different.

Rogetta136

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2020

posguy99

macrumors 65832
Nov 3, 2004
Update: my Otterbox Symmetry showed up and I was not impressed. I think this case has gone downhill since the last one I bought (for my X). I need a litte more protection than that.

I've also bought this one and am trying it out:

Please don't waste my time and yours whining at me about how evil it is to put a protective case on the phone... you can't see the "art" and all that nonsense. I'm a klutz, I drop the phone, I run it into things, I leave it places and then those places move (figure it out). I like this case so far. The blue is an almost perfect match for the Pacific Blue.

svish

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2017
I will be getting a Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear case for iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.