what clock or watch face would you like to see

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Wreckus, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

Since it looks like a mickey mouse watch face will be included, what character or kind of watch face would you like to see on the apple watch?

Love to see an angry donald duck watch face or a scooby doo watch face.:cool:

2. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

I'm just curious if they'll open up the ability for 3rd party watch faces, similar to what is seen with the Pebble App Store (maybe Apple already is, however, I assume they will only allow you to use the ones they have shown online / in commercials, etc?)

3. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

I hope they don't. At least 99% of them would be horrible. Leave that to Apple.

4. Wreckus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

Think they will but wouldn't be surprised if the standard or requirements to be accepted are very high.

Also, it will probably be a big time money maker for them.

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I want a countdown clock in The Predator style, with sound!

6. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

well let me choose not to download the horrible ones. I agree there will be some Fugly ones, but there will also be some beautiful ones. I'd like some choice here... I know, I know, a lot to ask of Apple ;)

7. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

the one with the Apple icon with fangs about to take a bite of the android Robot

8. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

Apple is giving insane amounts of customization with the watch... All that needs to happen is Apple regularly puts out new faces.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd like to see a few more based on analogue watches - I still find analogue much quicker and easier to read than digital.

10. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Genuine question, but in what way is an analogue watch easier to read than digital?

11. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Someone who is a visual learner would probably find an analogue clock easier to deal with than just numbers, particularly if they grew up around analogue clocks.

12. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I can see it being slightly faster to get a general sense of the time by seeing the "pattern" or "shape" of an analog face. For me it is easier to see the exact time on a digital face.

13. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

The simple answer is that it isn't. Anyone that says otherwise is factually incorrect. The human brain takes longer to interpret an analogue face, no matter what. Not to mention getting the minute exactly right would take a second or close examination for most.

14. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

That's a ridiculous statement.

15. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I call BS

16. TheAppleFairy, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  17. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I think it entirely depends on what you were exposed to when you were young. Having never owned a digital watch, I've been glancing at my wrist and looking at the shape of the hands for 12 years. When reading digital, I 'convert' the time into analogue in my head to see roughly how far/near it is past/to the hour.

I can see how, for some people, it'd work completely the opposite way round. However, I think saying 'anyone that says otherwise is factually incorrect', is, in itself, incorrect. Sure, I could parrot the time back quicker reading digital, but for actually having context of when in the day it is, I'd take analogue every day of the week.

Hope that helps.

----------

See above ;)

18. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Quick glance gives an approximate reading rather than having to focus fully then read the digits and think about it for a split second.

Same reason most vehicles are fitted with analogue gauges as they can be read more effectively from peripheral vision. Speedometer pointing straight up = 70mph (for example). Doesn't require taking your eyes off the road, refocusing from long distance to short distance then reading the numbers then processing the information.

19. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Anyone born in the last 15 years can't even read an analog clock. :(

20. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Pretty sure they were saying that when I was at school in the 1980s...

21. kdog0126 macrumors member

3rd party faces

I know this would never happen, but I would love to see Faces that resemble other watches like Movado or IWC...

22. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

Surely that is a joke...

23. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I disagree. Nothing wrong with giving the consumer the choice of what they would like to see on their watch.

24. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Plenty of things wrong actually.

25. bumpylumpy macrumors member

A Yes Watch face

I know they already have a solar face, but I prefer the look of the faces on the Yes Watches with the big 24 hour sweeping hand with dark and light areas:

http://www.yeswatch.com/wrist-watch/timekeeper/zulu.html?id=wa86GDWK

Oh, and not to segue into another thread, but those are *huge*, thick watches. If you can wear one of those, you can wear a 42mm! :)