Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color iPhone 11 are you getting?

• Black

Votes: 188 26.3%
  • Green

Votes: 207 29.0%
  • Purple

Votes: 77 10.8%
  • Red

Votes: 108 15.1%
  • White

Votes: 108 15.1%
  • Yellow

Votes: 27 3.8%

• Total voters

Regeneration

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2015
I got my 11 in Green and I love it so much! It’s the perfect shade of minty goodness. My favorite color.

Initially I preordered iPhone 11 in green too, my preordered got delayed so I decided to go to Apple shop to check out all the colours. I’m big fun of teal green but I was really disappointed in the shade of this green. In my personal opinion I think it’s the ugliest of the colours. I’ve changed my preorder to red and it looks so sleek

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2018
US
To everyone who got the iPhone 11 in green.

Are with happy with the color? I went yesterday to the store to take a look.

Still undecided, what we’re your thoughts? Was it how you expected?

I love it! I was hesitant to get something different but it's a really nice color.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
After seeing all the colors in person at the Apple store I was disappointed with the green color so got the purple instead. IMO, I think it’s the best color next to white.
BTW, I’m a guy rocking the lavender phone :)
Edit: actually, after looking at the photos shot by my XR and 10.5” Pro, the purple is more intense than what I’m seeing in person so I adjusted the color in the third picture to closely resemble real life.

3C719AC2-A330-4346-8AD3-1876A2E66F9C.jpeg
FD1681B8-D2C5-4DEE-9019-C10D802CFCBD.jpeg

Attachments

• FF21E6DF-6C05-4B6A-9B61-098B48DDBCF0.jpeg
    FF21E6DF-6C05-4B6A-9B61-098B48DDBCF0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 475
Last edited:

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Love that purple.
I think if I was opting for an 11 I’d go green, but I’d need to see it first.
I do still love that new yellow though!

Reactions: Pixillated

Regeneration

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2015
After seeing all the colors in person at the Apple store I was disappointed with the green color so got the purple instead. IMO, I think it’s the best color next to white.
BTW, I’m a guy rocking the lavender phone :)
Edit: actually, after looking at the photos shot by my XR and 10.5” Pro, the purple is more intense than what I’m seeing in person so I adjusted the color in the third picture to closely resemble real life.

View attachment 862197 View attachment 862199

I felt the same as u! Green was so disappointing and surprisingly I like the purple even tho purple is not my colour. I went with red but would be happy with purple, yellow or white as well

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
I do understand that I’m spending much muuuuuch too much time thinking about this, but damn, I hate the new colors. It’s so Easter Egg Hunt to me. The green is more of a light pastel teal, the purple is more of a pastel purple or lavender, and even the yellow, which SO ODDLY they kept over a universally liked blue, is odd. It’s like an Easter Peep marshmallow yellow vs. the bold standard yellow of the XR. If I absolutely had to choose a color I guess I would go with the “green”, but man. A pastel blue would have been epic - like a sky or baby blue. Blue is one of the most famous colors, psychologically, it instills feelings of contentment and happiness.

I guess what I’m saying is...why is the red the only color to get “bolder” or maybe I should say, STAY “bold”, as it didn’t get washed out into a faded or pastel red type of color, although it did get brighter.

Ah well, I guess it’s a moot point seeing as I’ll never upgrade higher than the iPhone 8 until The Notch is removed. I vote with my wallet and my money and The Notch to me is a poor design sacrifice that should have absolutely, 100% never been made. And I won’t buy the current iPhone 11 in any color so long as it maintains The Notch. Hoping next year they actually innovate it away, and then maybe I’ll buy any Marshmallow Peep color scheme iPhone that they decide to release.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I do understand that I’m spending much muuuuuch too much time thinking about this, but damn, I hate the new colors. It’s so Easter Egg Hunt to me. The green is more of a light pastel teal, the purple is more of a pastel purple or lavender, and even the yellow, which SO ODDLY they kept over a universally liked blue, is odd. It’s like an Easter Peep marshmallow yellow vs. the bold standard yellow of the XR. If I absolutely had to choose a color I guess I would go with the “green”, but man. A pastel blue would have been epic - like a sky or baby blue. Blue is one of the most famous colors, psychologically, it instills feelings of contentment and happiness.

I guess what I’m saying is...why is the red the only color to get “bolder” or maybe I should say, STAY “bold”, as it didn’t get washed out into a faded or pastel red type of color, although it did get brighter.

Ah well, I guess it’s a moot point seeing as I’ll never upgrade higher than the iPhone 8 until The Notch is removed. I vote with my wallet and my money and The Notch to me is a poor design sacrifice that should have absolutely, 100% never been made. And I won’t buy the current iPhone 11 in any color so long as it maintains The Notch. Hoping next year they actually innovate it away, and then maybe I’ll buy any Marshmallow Peep color scheme iPhone that they decide to release.

Why don’t you tell us how you really feel? Lol

I think a couple of the light colors are nice, although not really my thing, but I’m also really surprised there’s no blue.

But yeah, if you aren’t contemplating a new phone anyway, you probably are overthinking it. ;-p

The notch was something I balked at myself, but I’ve gotten over it. I really like my XR, and now my 11 (I got the black).

robrobrobro

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2018

Yeah couldn’t agree more. I’m not going to call a color feminine (I’d happily rock a coral XR or pink 5c any day), but the Easter egg look is just bizarre. One or two pastels would be fine, but it’s a bummer they didn’t leave us with more bold options. And no blue on any of the new models is a huge bummer.

So, it’ll be a white 11 with a slim blue case for me.

Last edited:

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Finally made it into the store to see the phones in person. Was sure I'd be ordering green. Green is my favorite color, and while this particular green isn't my favorite, I figured I'd still wind up getting it. But after seeing them in person, it might be my least favorite next to yellow. I was surprised at how drawn to both the black and the purple I was. Particularly the black. Maybe it's because I've had a white/silver phone for the last several years, but I thought the black looked awesome. And the purple was the only one of the colored phones I was really drawn to. Darker purple than the pics suggested and just had a nice sheen to it. The red looks great but it's a little bright. So I think I have to pick between black and purple. Purely subjective, and it's nice to have choices. I wish they'd chosen a different green for the 11, though.

Also, I'm a guy, and definitely considering the purple.

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I returned my yellow 11. Love the color, but not the thickness. I ordered an Pro Max in silver. Won’t get it until middle of October. I looked at the colors at the Apple store today, and the midnight green looks really nice, but still settled on silver.

Pixillated

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2019
Virginia
For anyone interested, this is the best representation of the yellow on the iPhone 11. Obviously, not my picture. I do have the yellow iPhone, but, I have not been able to get a picture that shows the color that I see 90% of the time.

I saw the purple iPhone 11 today at Verizon. The purple was popular with everyone around me. They said the purple was “on fire” ?. It is, I believe, the best color of the iPhone 11’s, including the pro colors. (just my opinion)

But, I kept my yellow ?

2A4BE3B0-06F0-4D8D-A706-FB97EA00DE69.png

Last edited:

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
That yellow looks really nice actually! It looks similar to the yellow Nintendo Switch Lite.

The color reminds me of the yellow 5c, maybe a little more pale. The yellow 5c was my first iPhone : )

I'm returning the white iPhone 11 and going with red because I found a better deal elsewhere and black & red were all they had in stock. Red was my second choice after white anyway. My XR was white, too, so I guess I'm doing something different this time.

This shot makes me appreciate the subtle changes to logo placement and camera layout. Everything looks a little more clean and streamlined.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Switched from the black X to the white 11. Absolute right decision for me, the white 11 looks so good to me
I did exactly the opposite. My XR was white, and I got the 11 in black. I did it for purely OCD reasons - it’s gonna look awesome with my leopard print Loopy case. But dang, I love the purple, and that yellow is like butta.

Reactions: Pixillated and CE3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.