What credit cards do you use?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by h1r0ll3r, Jul 27, 2012.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Just bored and curious to see what people are using as their credit cards. I recently got a Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa to go along with my Marriott Rewards and Amazon card; all from Chase Bank. I also have a CC from BoA but don't think I'll be using it all that much.

I like to travel as much as possible so I got the Marriott card for booking hotels and the Southwest for booking flights. They both kinda intermingle in terms of booking travel options so I'm good either way. I got introductory offers from both for 50,000 points so that's a good start in building up some traveling perks. The amazon one I only got to get their $30 credit.

Anyhoo, what do you guys use?

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Very bored...:D

I don't have a credit card.

3. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

American Express Blue Cash. The cash back is nice but i mainly use it for the purchase protection and extended warranty.

4. 184550 Guest

5. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

AMEX Blue Sky and a Chase Sapphire Preferred.

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I use an AMEX blue cash as a primary and my back up is a plan old Visa from my bank.

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Mastercard primary, Visa secondary, Amex for gas.

8. snberk103 macrumors 603

BMO Mastercard (tied to AirMiles points) and a TD Visa. The Mastercard is my primary card, and I use for the majority of purchases. Lots of AirMiles that way.

9. Purple2012 macrumors member

I have a Citibank card, thinking of switching banks because they are *******s.

A few years ago I didn't have a credit score so I just put down a 1k CD and got a secure credit card. Recently I was at my branch making a deposit and I started asking about getting one of their student credit cards, since it had various rewards and other benefits.

I told them I only make about 5k a year. I don't do much paid work since I am a student. I'm pre med majoring in biology, spanish, and business. They said my income level wasn't a problem at all because its only base on credit score and that I have a good one.

They also said the student card wasn't as good as some other one and explained how much better the other one was. So I applied for the one they suggested.

About a week later I get a rejection letter saying I didn't meet the income requirements, the ones I was told didn't exist.

I'm pissed. This decline is going to follow me for years, at a time where I am going to be applying for loans to get me through med school. :mad:

10. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I have a Discover card. Cash back is always a nice thing.

11. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You can have credit cards without having a penny of credit card debt.

13. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I have the capital one venture capital card. Use it for the double points and always pay my balance off right away to avoid any interest charges.

14. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

The one I use the most is my AMEX for warranty purpose! I used to use discovery for the same purpose as well.

15. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I've had a Discover Card, Citi Platinum Select, and Chase Freedom. I now use the Chase Freedom exclusively.

Discover is good, they have great customer service and a good cash back program, but it's Discover so it's not accepted everywhere.

I hated absolutely everything about Citi. The card, the company, the website, the rewards program. It was all just awful. Don't recommend it at all.

I love my Chase Freedom card. Great rewards, it's a Visa card so it's accepted everywhere, it's tied in to my Chase Checking account and they give me bonuses because I have a credit and a checking account with them. Good customer service, great website. Overall I'm really happy with it.

16. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

CapitalOne Credit Card
    Citi Credit Card for Amazon purchases and emergency car work

Other cards are just debit cards, and I tend to use debit more since its money I have.

17. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Discover More Card is my everyday card.

Chase Slate card I use for larger purchases.

Express Next card

I almost never use my debit cards.

18. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Since I live overseas I have a Capital One Venture card. No foreign exchange fees have saved me thousands over the years.

19. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

20. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I have an Amex which I use for my everyday purchases, and a Discover Card that I use exclusively for purchases that fall under their 5% cashback bonus categories.

Plus a Citi MasterCard (used only if a business doesn't accept Amex or Discover), and a Chase Amazon Visa which never leaves my desk drawer (I only use it for purchases at Amazon.com).

By far my favorite card is my Amex, but Discover has a much nicer website and cashback redemption process.

21. Queso macrumors G4

Two Mastercards (one GBP personal, one GBP business) and a VISA (EUR personal).

22. ruvil macrumors regular

No reason to have a credit card then.

I only have a regular visa debit card.

23. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Builds your credit (Better when buying home or even a car) and gives you perks depending on the card such as insurance and so on.