What do you ask Siri?

Legion103

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I got the iPhone 5 and this is my first time with Siri (had the 4 previously)

What are some things you ask Siri that are useful on a daily/weekly basis?

I usually ask the weather, ask if she can shoot someone a text, etc.

Legion103

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I knew I'd get some answers like this!

How about stuff that's actually productive!

lwapps

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
The only non-gimmicky actually useful thing siri does is set timers.

"Hi Siri! Remind me to take the bacon out in 15 minutes." :)

FSMBP

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2009
The only non-gimmicky actually useful thing siri does is set timers.

"Hi Siri! Remind me to take the bacon out in 15 minutes." :)
I don't know about that. I've used Siri to send texts while driving or to read messages when my iPhone is tucked into my pocket (using the headphones to activate Siri).

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
I was having a conversation with my friend and we started talking about Albert Einstein, and I wanted to know how old he was when he died. My friend told me in his Mid-80's but I felt the need to ask her anyways.

She told me how many years, months, days he lived and I told him the precise number.

76 years, 1 month & 4 days.

He sarcastically asked... "How many seconds is that", to which I replied.

2.4x10^9 seconds.

He was not expecting that.

Legion103

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I have to try that.

I can tell her to alert me on October 3rd to buy tickets to a concert?

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
this is my first run with Siri as well, also coming from the ip4.
so far Siri has problems with numbered playlists (e.g. "Covers 4", "Covers 7", etc.). i've tried multiple ways of saying them. "play playlist covers seven." "play playlist covers number 7." if I just say "play playlist covers" Siri goes to the first one.
Siri can't determine the current speed limit while I am driving. most GPS systems do show this, along with your current speed. I was mostly just testing out Siri's limits with GPS.

but mostly i've just been using Siri for music control while i've been driving. Siri is much better at getting artists/albums/songs than the old audio controls in the ip4 - those were horrible.

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
"Tell my husband I am a block away PERIOD come outside now COMMA so I won't need to find parking PERIOD"

HERE IS YOUR MESSAGE TO _______. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SEND IT?

"Send."

RipeRetina

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
Maryland
I have a commute to work so I use it for sending text messages & setting up reminders while driving using my bluetooth. I asked Siri what it was wearing once, it said, 'Now lets get back to work'.

hhd5f

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
It's too bad Siri can't turn down the brightness, or turn off / on the wifi, activate dnd, etc.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2011
"Remind me to call AT&T when I get home"

"Is it going to rain tomorrow?"

"Turn all of my alarms on"

"What are you wearing?"

(while driving) "Read me my new message"

"How do I get to [restuarant]?"

"[name] is my sister" (you can teach her your relationships)

"Call my sister"

Siri is also new to me (coming from iPhone 4), but those are some random things I've done so far. I'd like to know more things I can say/ask (productive, gimmicky, doesn't matter).

----------

I have a commute to work so I use it for sending text messages & setting up reminders while driving using my bluetooth. I asked Siri what it was wearing once, it said, 'Now lets get back to work'.
Haha... she actually has quite a few responses to that one. It's rather amusing.

RipeRetina

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
Maryland
"Remind me to call AT&T when I get home"

"Is it going to rain tomorrow?"

"Turn all of my alarms on"

"What are you wearing?"

(while driving) "Read me my new message"

"How do I get to [restuarant]?"

"[name] is my sister" (you can teach her your relationships)

"Call my sister"

Siri is also new to me (coming from iPhone 4), but those are some random things I've done so far. I'd like to know more things I can say/ask (productive, gimmicky, doesn't matter).

----------

Haha... she actually has quite a few responses to that one. It's rather amusing.
Yep, i'm coming from the 4 so i'll be asking Siri all types of weird questions I'm sure.