Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I bake.

I like taking ingredients and making them into things.
Flour by itself is BLEH but when you get me in the same room with flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, and a few other things, I bust out amazing cupcakes. Giving them to other people, then they tell me how good it is really makes me feel great. :)

Yesterday, I gave one to a friend of mine and she said it was the best she'd ever tasted. Baking while stressed, FTW!

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Pray to the living God Jehova , or play the radio 90.1 ,89.7 ,107.9 all so california radio stations:)

Whats Radio? Wow you actually like Cali radio, ever since I got my ipod, sirius radio and my new car. Radio is never on, thats why in Chicago radio has 0 rating mark, so my info tells me.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Stressed:

Play some violent video games - Postal 2 is a good one.

Spar a few rounds with live steel.

Hit punching bag until can't anymore.

Loud music.

Down:

Clean house.

Polish blades.

refold all my clothes.

reorganize books - all 3,268 of them.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Playing guitar/recording songs/taking photos

Zoning out is always fun (on guitar), it's nice to play for an hour then realize "holy cr*p I'm late for college/work"

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
Probably isolate myself in my room, play music very loudly and lie in my bed until it passes.

However, if the stress comes from the amount of work I have to do, then I start doing that work :eek:

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
let's see...i like to go out for a bike ride if i'm stressed out or just need to get away from it all for a little bit. writing also calms me down (this can vary depending on mood). and sometimes, i would break out a video game that i haven't played in a while. daydreaming is another fav of mine, but all of them have some sort of escapism element to them. i think that's the biggie ones.

Gallick

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2007
There's nothing better than grabbing a guitar and hammering out a tune as hard as you can without breaking the strings, and belting out the lyrics at the top of your lungs regardless of whether or not there's anyone within earshot.

Other than that, a drink or two and listening to calm music usually does it for me.

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
Let's see here, what I do when I'm down:
-Visit MR, you guys always make me feel better.
-Shoot japanese beetles with meh BB gun (when they're in season).
-Burn said beetles.
-Eat carrots.
-Eat chips.
-Eat a bag of lifesavers.
-Watch stuff on TV.
-Watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on my MBP 'cause it's awesome and make me happy.
-Sleep.

Weird... :rolleyes:

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Any number of things...

have sex.
curl up beside my husband. (he makes everything better)
look at photos.
brood.
go out with a friend.
look at images of space (perspective) like so
photoshop something.
browse the net. (cat macros are always amusing)
eat chocolate.
etc.

nplima

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2006
UK
eat chocolate. it's mildly anti-depressant.

as with other good things in life, you just can't have too much otherwise you'll get fat/sick.

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
I read.

Go for a walk (driving is bad for the environment and using fuel for pointless journeys).

Listen to music

hang out with friends etc. etc.

lordjonny

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
i just go play on the computer
or annoy my brother makes me feel better :p
i would go for a drive but when im stressed im not a good driver:rolleyes:

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Oh this is easy...happens all the time to me too. The best way I know how to handle being depressed or stressed is to go shopping (even if I am broke) I head to the MAC counter (cosmetics) at Nordstrom's and ask the girls to do my eyes in the latest colors--they will ask you about your problems and make you feel better!

Visiting the Apple or Sony store always helps forget about my problems too---just watching other customers being excited makes me feel tons better!

And the last thing that always makes my problems disappear for like a minute is to pull up http://www.perezhilton.com cause no matter how bad life gets, it will not be as bad as Britney or Lindsay's daily dramz! :)

Penryn

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2007
Loud music
Talk to friends (especially the comical ones)
Long aimless walks

FrankBlack

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2005
Looking for Lucy Butler
I head to the beach..Something about the crashing surf and ocean air that helps me to relax and destress...

Crane's Beach? The Cape? "Reeveeyah"? :D

What I do:

An evening bike ride on my "fixie". (addictive)

A drive in my Sube. (really addicitive)

Or, something that is guaranteed to cure depression, anxiety, and lots of other stuff: My recipe for a chocolate Ice cream soda. You'll need:

A really good sized tumbler, at least sixteen ounces.
Chcolate syrup. (preferably Hershey's)
Light cream.
Club Soda (I use canada dry)
Choclate Ice cream, your choice of brand.

Drop three tablespoons of cholate syrup in the glass. Add light cream so it's about a third the way up the glass. Using a long spoon, stir vigorously. Mix up the syrup and cream really well. Add club soda, and stir some more. Add two scoops of the ice cream, and top it off with enough club soda to fill the glass to the top.

Enjoy, and you don't even need to see a doctor. Enough people start knocking these back, and the companies that produce depression medicines will have a royal fit. :D:D

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I'm not old enough to do half of these things.:p

When I'm stressed, I put on some new age music and take a nap.

When I'm down, I call a friend and talk. (usually when I'm down, I'm also lonely)

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
When I am stressed or nervous, I will end up getting sick...sucks
and complain to others about whatever im stressed about.

When I am down though, either listen to music (rapping along with hip-hop songs is fun), play with my dogs, watch movies or skateboard...there is something about being thrown onto concrete that makes you forget all your other problems (and see the new one you just created)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.