Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleMan2015

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
Speed and reliability.

Unlike most other Apple products, I'm never completely confident that it will work as I expect.

Glances often don't update.
Apps sometimes don't open.
Complications don't update.
If apps do load they are slow.
I agree. Speed is definitely a big issue. If it was fast, the other issues might be overlooked.

Smeaton1724

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Leeds, UK
I have none of the above complaints, everything updates and works great on mine. Solid 4G on my iPhone at all times and Fibre at home so that may be it.

Transferring music to it is a pain, I'd like to use iTunes over Wifi like I can with all my other devices.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I do not hate my Apple Watch but . . . .

It is slow.

Heart rate sensor is very poor compared to other devices.

There are very few apps for the watch and I do not see a lot are going to be written in the future, no incentive for the developers.

Needs GPS or at least the ability to use the iPhones GPS for mapping runs/Walks.

It is slow.

First Apple product that I have really been disappointed in and my AW now sits in a drawer while a $150 Fit-bit Charge goes on the wrist! Notification from my watch on my phone just do not make up for it short comings.

Last edited:

AppleMan2015

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
It is slow.

Heart rate sensor is very poor compared to other devices.

There are very few apps for the watch and I do not see a lot are going to be written in the future, no incentive for the developers.

Needs GPS or at least the ability to use the iPhones GPS for mapping runs/Walks.

It is slow.

First Apple product that I have really been disappointed in and my AW now sits in a drawer while a $150 Fit-bit Charge goes on the wrist! Notification from my watch on my phone just do not make up for it short comings.
I completely understand that.

I have none of the above complaints, everything updates and works great on mine. Solid 4G on my iPhone at all times and Fibre at home so that may be it.

Transferring music to it is a pain, I'd like to use iTunes over Wifi like I can with all my other devices.
Eh, most people I know don't usually have a positive review of the watch. But I'm glad that there is one good review lol

Last edited by a moderator:

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
It is a little slow, which is probably due to single core A8. Once next gen AW starting using multi-core cpu, expect performance to improve dramatically.

I have never believe any computation device run apps, phone, pad, PC, laptop.....etc, should use single core. Dual core should always be minimum for any computation device run apps. I would take a slower cpu with dual core than a twice as fast cpu with single core any day.

Other than speed, it is working as what it is supposedly, as an accessories/extension of iPhone, NOT an individual device.

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
It is a little slow, which is probably due to single core A8. Once next gen AW starting using multi-core cpu, expect performance to improve dramatically.

I have never believe any computation device run apps, phone, pad, PC, laptop.....etc, should use single core. Dual core should always be minimum for any computation device run apps. I would take a slower cpu with dual core than a twice as fast cpu with single core any day.

Other than speed, it is working as what it is supposedly, as an accessories/extension of iPhone, NOT an individual device.

Single core was plenty for the iPhone 4.

These are yet early days. The software will be advancing-- it already has. And app authors are coming up the learning curve.

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Single core was plenty for the iPhone 4.

These are yet early days. The software will be advancing-- it already has. And app authors are coming up the learning curve.

I had/have iPhone 3,4,5,6 and trust me, it is not enough with single core if you open tons of app at same time, and switch them back and fore.

Reactions: IJBrekke

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I don't hate anything about my watch that I can think of. I do have a list of things that I either wish it had or did better.
I stopped wearing a "regular" watch because I used my phone to tell time. Over the years I was starting to tire of this and started thinking again about a watch. Apple announces a watch that not only sets the time itself (awesome) but its accurate and it will notify me when I get a message or a phone call. Something I would have trouble with because my phone would be in a roomy pocket or not in my pocket at all. Its slow overall, apps are slow and don't always load, I have lost data a few times in the process of pairing and as someone trying to make perfect months this annoyed me. My battery has died early a few times, yea yea. The list of things that have been great are so much bigger though so I make it my first thing to put on in the morning and my last to take off at night. It takes a while for a tree to grow and for a while it might look ugly but eventually it provides shade.

Reactions: WarHeadz

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
Eh, most people I know don't usually have a positive review of the watch. But I'm glad that there is one good review lol
You're kidding, right? You specifically ask people to post what they hate, which is fair, nothing is perfect, then you make the leap that there is one good review discounting the many many threads and comments of people who think it's great? So just what are you after here? A useful thread of where improvements can be made or an Apple Watch bi@&$fest echo chamber?

Reactions: WarHeadz

AppleMan2015

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
You're kidding, right? You specifically ask people to post what they hate, which is fair, nothing is perfect, then you make the leap that there is one good review discounting the many many threads and comments of people who think it's great? So just what are you after here? A useful thread of where improvements can be made or an Apple Watch bi@&$fest echo chamber?
Do you take everything literally?

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
I don't hate anything about my Apple Watch. There is room for improvement, but overall I love wearing mine. The conveniences I get out of it throughout the day far outweigh the frustrations. What frustrates me? Mostly it's when an app fails to update or takes too long to update. This hasn't been an issue for me lately because I have switched to apps that tend to update quickly and reliably most of the time.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I don't "hate" anything about my :apple: Watch. If I did I would not have bought it. Is it perfect? No, but then nothing is. However, having come from a Pebble Watch background, I bought my :apple: Watch knowing that it would not be perfect and it would get better as time went by, and this has certainly has happened, and will continue.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
The only thing I hate so far:

I can't find out which process or app ran wild on two occasions (over a span of more than two months) and caused the battery to drain faster.

I caught the drain early the second time because I've put the battery meter complication on my "overnight" watch face (speaking of which, it's an excellent alarm clock) and noticed it was about 10-15% lower than normal first thing that morning. I was able to reset and reboot the watch, which solved the issue. But, I just can't figure out what caused it.

Other than that, I dig the Watch. I liked how I got football game updates while hanging out with Grandma and not getting distracted by my phone.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Nothing I hate, otherwise I would have sold it by now. Like others, it's the little niggles - slow to boot, slow to load Glances and so on. But those niggles are far outweighed by the positives.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
I love my Apple Watch. It's actually one of my favorite apple products. However, I feel like the touch screen isn't as responsive as the iPhone. Sometimes I have to tap something twice when I'm positive I tapped it in the correct spot the first time.

Xanderstone12

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Often doesn't take my hr reliably

Slow

No customizations of home screen( I want photos but with text over them)

When people ask me "what's it do?" I don't have anything to really "show off" with.

No Facebook app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.