What do you not like about iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Gunwind, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Gunwind macrumors newbie

Gunwind

For those who already have it installed

We already know the improvements

Give us some heads up on the bad points or things that took a turn for the worse

2. maxosx macrumors 68020

It will be awhile before iOS 7 ready for release. I'm going to take a wait and see approach in order to give Apple the benefit of the doubt. Thus far I dislike the look of the icons, the rather bland shading, and other elements.

What I do like is the notification improvements. But since I already have those on my Galaxy S4, there isn't much new in iOS 7 that is of use to me. A year from now, I'm sure that will change.

3. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

speed.
    although the animations are pretty, things are more streamlined on iOS 6.
    things are easier/quicker to get to on iOS 6.
    multitasking is slower for example.
    navigating in the music app looks prettier but is more cumbersome to get to the functions you want.

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I dont like the style of their design for the UI. Flat is just unappealing to me. My personal style of preference is gloss, embossment, and contrast. Other than that, its a perfectly normal update for me, with much needed improvements on the some features.

5. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I don't like some of the icons, and I don't like the "frosted glass" look in the dock (it ruins many a wallpaper).

6. newbreed23 macrumors member

I just installed beta 4 yesterday and so far I like a lot of it! Some things are simply different and therefore there is a certain discomfort that comes from adjusting to the new/different. The more I use it the more comfortable I become.

One thing I definitely dislike is the frosted glass on the video interface. I like the frosted glass in other situations like the folders and CC, but in the video interface it just comes across as ugly and less functional from a contrast standpoint. The numbers, info, and buttons can be very difficult to see in certain videos, especially when black. It just lacks clarity. I think this could be an issue for many older people with iPads. I know a lot of older people that primarily use their iPads for movies when traveling. I could see them complaining a lot about not being able to see the controls.

Attached Files:

7. newbreed23 macrumors member

Another example. Couldn't attach two pics for some reason. Sorry.

Attached Files:

8. rabidz7 macrumors 65816

rabidz7

I am cancelling my switch to droid because iOS 7 is so nice.

9. jtfolden macrumors 6502

jtfolden

The only thing I dislike is that there is no gesture to get into multi-tasking. It seems like something obvious that should be there.

10. g-7 macrumors 6502

g-7

Speed. Or, the lack of it. It's sooo sluggish on iPhone 4. Luckily my testing device is iPad 4, so the overall sluggishness is much less noticable, but I do install iOS 7 from time to time on my iPhone, only to find it unusable every time and quickly go back to 6.1.3.

And the icons, it just hurts to look at them. The whole OS design is good, but there are things like some icons and some color choices that are really painful to look at.

11. batting1000 macrumors 604

12. Georgij macrumors regular

13. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

:confused:

People keep mentioning icons? They're all beautiful.

14. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Appearance is an opinion, everyone has a different one :]

15. mszilard macrumors member

+1

animations make everything harder to do. the waiting for the animation to finish ruins the smoothness of the os.

16. inselstudent, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013

inselstudent macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4 speed is something tht I hope gets quicker until the final version. I actually see no reason why it should be any slower than iOS 6 which was way faster even with jailbreak tweaks that gave about the same functionality (or even more than) like iOS 7 does now. And those tweaks weren't even native, so it should be possible

Do you like the grey layers on the iPhone 4 better? Anything's better than those if you ask me :p

Attached Files:

17. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I too am not too fond of the new iOS7 animation. But to be fair, its probably because its still in beta. Im sure the final release will be much smoother.

18. haydn! macrumors 6502a

One thing that I really dislike everytime I see it, is the way weather is presented in notification centre. The current method (iOS6) is much simpler, nicer. I'd have preferred something a little similar to that.

Also, notifications on the lock screen look a little random, and a bit of an after thought.

19. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

On iPhone, I don't like not knowing how many Safari tabs I have open.

20. newbreed23 macrumors member

The grey is a little better but I still find it off putting. I like the current video interface better or maybe something similar to the Vimeo interface where the buttons are floating over video. It even has some translucency that would fit in nicely with iOS 7. That looks clean to me. Just an idea. Really hope they make some tweaks to the video interface to enhance contrast.

Attached Files:

21. Gunwind thread starter macrumors newbie

Gunwind

Form over function
    One thing I love about iOS6 is the speed and easiness.

----------

This sounds extremely irritating
    I cannot stand waiting / loading, it gets me very frustrated

----------

I agree about the frosted glass on videos
    Looks pretty ugly

22. darster Suspended

What is up with the frosted glass in the dock? Absolutely ugly.

23. fullauto, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013

fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

No longer feels like OS X
    Killed notes, poor yellow on white navigation
    Killed music, no album grid view, pink - white and light grey navigation, poor design for controls, way too simple
    Safari bookmarks / menus feel messy, very white
    All the white and 1 pixel strokes feels too basic and cheap
    No real progress in functionality besides airdrop, Siri improvements (some) and control centre
    Still no file system
    Photos app is clunky
    Contacts has one of the worst icons ever created
    Animations still take too long and you can't speed them up by tapping ahead
    Only 9 icons per folder page
    Transparency is still buggy in some apps, safari, the dock
    Alarms (via clock app) messy if set too close together
    No quick reply
    No Siri in the background for hands free operation
    Parallax is good but there needs to be more if it
    Multitasking takes longer to close multiple apps

I really don't like the fact it's going to get slammed in the media for being a paint job and branded as 'apple losing its way with innovation'.

Don't get me wrong, I've used it on a mini for weeks and it is good, but it feels like a step backwards in some areas and feels like it needs something else. They need to break new ground with it somehow, a new menu or file system and way of interacting with your content - replacing gloss with transparency isn't a solution to anything.

/2 cents.

24. macAllen macrumors 6502

macAllen

I have installed beta 1, went back to iOS 6 (too much bugs) , then installed beta 2, then you guessed it went back to iOS 6.

And then!.... I've installed beta 4.

I love it. Only thing I can't stand is the fact that I cannot control my music without actually going to the music app or locking the phone and using lock screen controls.

They need to bring back some sort of music control in the multitasking feature full stop

25. newbreed23 macrumors member

The music controls are in control center now. Just swipe up from the bottom. Enjoy.