What do you not like about your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TechGod, Apr 2, 2014.

1. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

When I had one I did not like having such a small screen. I also find sharing between apps was not good.

2. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Battery life blows. I hate the lack of a decent battery. Make the phone thicker and let the battery last one day.
    Did I mention the battery problem?

3. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

The battery life is the only thing I can think of that I would improve.

Not a fan of large screens and the size of the current screen was appealing to me. If the rumours about the iPhone 6 coming in 4.7 and 5.7 inch screens is true, then it will definitely be the smaller version for me. Shame they can't keep the current screen size but there we go. :)

4. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

i think the only answer is Battery life, quite frankly apple and specifically Johnny 5 Mr Ive needs to get off the anorexic device kick, i don't need a thinner lighter phone anymore, id happily have a thicker heaver phone that lasted a full day without needing to charge ,

take the iPhone 5/5s and increase its thickness back to the original iPhones, and fill all that extra space with battery.

that would be the perfect phone.

5. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

The lack of a file repository is absurd, because I can't do something as basic as attach a file to a reply email.

That's the only thing that really bothers me.

6. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

5S. Bigger screen. If I think I am going to have a very heavy phone use day, I simply snap in my Mophie Juice Pack Air.

7. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

What do you NOT like about your iPhone?

My 5s is perfect apart from when used without a case it's perhaps not the nicest to hold for any length of time due to uncurved rear edges. And of course, more battery life is what most want too.

8. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Battery life, prices.

And I think the size of the iPhone 5/5S is too tall. I would like a bit more width instead, along with an edge-to-edge screen.

9. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Screen size and battery life, in that order. Battery life is decent, compared to the competition, but screen size is where Apple has really fallen short.

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I do not like how I see the AT&T sign all day everyday. I want it to say iPhone like a iPad or iPod does.

11. cynics macrumors G3

There used to be a hack for that in iOS 6 that did not require JB. I don't know if it still works but it's worth a google.

I had mine set to that Zelda triforce emblem in place of Verizon.

12. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You can attach photos and videos in a reply...

13. cynics macrumors G3

I agree with you but in case you didn't know attachments are app based (you probably already know that). But if not, if you want to send a PDF file for example you can generally share it from the app to mail.

Yes it is a pain, and yes it has limitations.

Sharing Dropbox links is another alternative. It can handle about any file plus doesn't waste data when sending an email. Downside it's more work for both parties for something that should be pretty basic.

14. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

How about PDFs, zip files, MS Word/Excel/Visio/PowerPoint documents? I use my phone for work, so it would be very helpful if I were able to do these things.

15. Camoxide macrumors regular

My charging port broke twice on my 4S and is currently about to die on my 5.

16. CEmajr macrumors 601

Screen is fine for me. I would like some form of file storage system though.

17. MacGeekAZ macrumors member

I agree that battery life needs to be improved. It's frustrating that phones continually get new features, both in hardware and software, but you have to disable half of them and be careful how much you use them because your battery won't last. Even taking pictures and video drains my battery quickly, which is annoying because often I'm hiking, vacationing, at a party, etc., when I take a lot of pictures. It's not convenient to recharge.

I'd also love it if iOS had a file management system that made it easier to find, organize, and share files. This would also make it possible for a lot of people to ditch their laptops in favor of iPads, though. Is that why Apple doesn't do it? So people still need a computer and an iOS device?

18. Nipommu macrumors regular

the chamfered edges. i want to take off my case then i remember just slight tap on the edges it'll scuff and the finish will come off. its been over a year i had the 5 and i want to use it naked for the last year. can't. resale value will plummet and i don't want to spend so much on phones every 2 yrs.

next is the inconsistency of the screen tone. i got a yellow-y screen and the previous one didn't have that. it seems to be getting worse year by year. i want that clear, slight cool blu-ish tone please.

last is the screen size. too small. make it 5 and end it all. 4.7 seems awkward. 5 seems future proof.

thats all.

19. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Shape, feel, OS, battery, cables, headphone jack location, Wifi range, screen resolution, button locations, color.

20. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

just the battery life, i don't really find anything else that i could think of to change.

21. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'm not trying to say the iPhone is perfect, but I don't have any real issues with my 5s. Yes, I think the battery can be slightly better, but I have lightning cables at work, my car, and at home, so I never feel afraid to use my phone for fear that the battery will die. I like the 4" screen size. I would have liked more memory (32GB over 16GB), but that's my fault, not Apple's.

22. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

If find myself yearning for a bigger screen, 4" just isn't big enough in my opinion and I find myself getting jealous of people with big Android phones (I know, a scary thought). Aside from that, battery life is a pain - a common issue.

23. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you described an android perfectly. Thicker with longer battery life.

As for your 5s idea, sounds like the original iPod.

24. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

25. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Battery life. I can deal with the small screen for another 8-18 months.