What do you take for lunch?

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
HI ,
I just want to ask, What does everyone here buy or take to lunch? I work in a mall and usually I buy food before going into work and during lunch. I'm tired of wasting money twice a day on fast food and thats all I eat. For new years im going to try and avoid just eating out all the time.

I still live here at home, but I do NOT cook and neither do my parents much lol. I tried buying groceries but for one , I don't know how to cook anything besides microwavable stuff haha and two its usually not enough to "fill me up" if I buy like sandwiches or Hot pockets with chips.

So what do ya'll eat or buy for groceries?

THANKS!

'Bmac

macrumors regular
There is a deli near my house that makes THE BEST Reuben sandwiches (corned beef or pastrami) and soup. I usually stop there for lunch every day after my morning and lunch trip to Starbucks for morning coffee and lunch shaken iced tea.

Comment

praetorx

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Whatever I prepare a day before. I avoid eating out because of the chemicals they put in food.

Comment

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
ok lets try this.

What are good/healthy places?

I know maybe like subway, there is this awesome place called Sarku Japan. usually get chicken and steamed rice.

name some others??

Comment

avro707

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
I don't take anything with me, because my journey to work is about 1.5 hours in length and any food I took would be spoiled by the time I got there.

And the office fridge, well, I dare not open the door of that thing without a gas-mask. :eek:

I like to get some sort of toasted sandwich type thing on pana di casa made fresh by one of the local cafés.

Comment

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
ok lets try this.

What are good/healthy places?

I know maybe like subway, there is this awesome place called Sarku Japan. usually get chicken and steamed rice.

name some others??
I hate to break it to you but those places are not healthy.

I usually pack my lunch. Sandwhich and some greens, or left overs. Tacos are a favorite and pretty easy.

Comment

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've always just gone for Boots Meal Deals. I only have to travel one day a week so it's not expensive.

Comment

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I pack a nourishing lunch of pate de foie gras, a 1oz. jar of beluga caviar, toast points, and 1/2 guinea hen. Delicious! Very nutritious.

Just wondering, do you think my diet may have had anything to do with those 6 heart attacks I had?

:rolleyes: ;) :D

Comment

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I pack a nourishing lunch of pate de foie gras, a 1oz. jar of beluga caviar, toast points, and 1/2 guinea hen. Delicious! Very nutritious.

Just wondering, do you think my diet may have had anything to do with those 6 heart attacks I had?

:rolleyes: ;) :D
Only one ounce of beluga caviar? Well I guess it is a recession and all...

Comment

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
Paleo Lunch

Chicken breast
Spinach
Mixed veggie stir "fry" with homemade tomato sauce

I throw in the frozen piece of chicken in the toaster oven at 350f for 45 mins; make the veggies in batches and keep in the fridge and dish out the night before. I make the sauce in big batches on a monthly basis keeps pretty well given the high acid content. keep it simple.

Edit:
If you are looking for places to eat out for lunch I would suggest chipotle (actually that sounds good for lunch today)

Last edited:
Comment

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
OP - learn to cook!

Or at least learn how to make a sandwich. That can't be too difficult!!

You can buy cooked meats, bread, pre-made salad at the supermarket. You don't have to be Gordon Ramsay to throw that together into a lunch.

Comment

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Pasta is very easy to bring for lunch.

Occasionally if I have leftover chili I'll bring chili mac (literally just chili, macaroni, and cheese).

Or I'll bring rice, beans, tomato, etc. and tortilla chips for a taco salad.

Or I loves me an avocado, hummus, and cheese sandwich on sourdough.

Comment

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Cheez-Its are always a necessary component. I get them in bulk too.

I always happen to get free fruit from others.

Comment

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Peanut Butter on Wheat Bread, an Apple, Nature Valley Granola Bar, and a bottle of water.
Those are great. I like the Fruit & Nut one.

I keep a few in the car, in case I have to fly out the door in the morning. :D

For lunch during the week, I usually just have 1 sandwich and some moo.

Either here, on in a travel pouch with a freezer thingie.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.